Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seeing ANY results in just a few weeks is already impressive.
exactly. the photos showed in this thread are completely atypical. results usually take several months, not weeks
the olfactory receptor that is activated by sandalore must be bypassing a damn lot of other regulation subsystems in order to override normal growth control/behavior.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Update on my temples. Week 2 left and week 9 right. Hair is looking thicker and if you zoom in on the mole it seems like new hair growth also.

Sorry but there is nothing impressive...Or you pics is to bad to show us :(

VC64

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been following this thread closely for info and to see the common dosages of Sandalore. I plan on using a .5% Sandalore dosage in Emu oil. Are people applying their lotions once or twice daily? Thanks!!

Zeppelin2k

Reaction score
Trying to figure out the correct formula to use since there's so many floating around. Based off of Turfboy's formula here:

17ml ethanol (70% solution)
3 drops sandalore
2 drops ethoxydiglycol
dab of PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil
45 ml distilled water

If 40 drops = 1ml, then this is 0.075 ml of sandalore in 62 ml of liquid giving 0.12%. This seems a bit low, shouldn't we be aiming for closer to 0.5%? This is also a fairly high concentration of water (~75%?), shouldn't the % ethanol be a bit higher to carry the sandalore better? Any opinions on this formula and refinement?

Last edited:

staresatwalls

My Regimen
Reaction score
exactly. the photos showed in this thread are completely atypical. results usually take several months, not weeks
the olfactory receptor that is activated by sandalore must be bypassing a damn lot of other regulation subsystems in order to override normal growth control/behavior.

True, olfactory is hope, olfactory is life

I have done a photoshoot for the first time and seen tiny black hairs all around my "hairline" on close up shots, not sure if they have always been there, or if this is result of 1 months sandalore or the stuff I have been applying earlier. Will update later if they grow.

I was wondering if we could apply it more frequent or in higher doses. The paper below warns against higher doses but it doesn't specify what a high dose is.

Does anyone think meso-injecting sandalore with or without carrier is worth exploring??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The paper:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/327879390_Supplementary_Material_2

The paragraph:

In the highlighted bold text below it does state the in the presence of high-dose Sandalore the opposite effects were exerted...but the paper does not state what concentration "high-dose Sandalore" is....

"There is some concern that the effects of Sandalore® require exposure to relatively high concentrations for 6 days. Under those circumstances can the authors confidently rule out non- specific effects, possibly even membrane permeability to this volatile compound that may be at work?

Thanks for raising this important point. In our previous study (Busse et al., 2014), we had carefully addressed the specificity and receptor dependence of Sandalore® effects at the relatively high concentration tested in human HaCaT cells and primary human epidermal keratinocytes. For example, we had demonstrated that after 5 days of Sandalore® stimulation in the presence of specific antagonist of OR2AT4 or of relevant signalling pathway blockers of adenylyl cyclase (MDL-12.330A or SQ-22536) and CNG channel (L-cis Diltiazem), the Sandalore® effect in HaCaT cells or primary human epidermal keratinocytes was completely blocked, without any effects on cell morphology or any other cell biology parameter evaluated. In addition, the co-application of the specific OR2AT4 antagonist Phenirat® with Sandalore® (1:1, 500 mM) completely blocked Sandalore® -induced calcium signals in HaCaT cells indicating that the effects of Sandalore® are based on the activation of OR2AT4 inkeratinocytes.

While these cell culture data demonstrated OR2AT4-dependency of the Sandalore® effects on human keratinocytes in vitro (for details, see Busse et al., 2014), we agree that even the Phenirat® + Sandalore® co-stimulation experiment (which showed that Sandalore® effects on the HF can be partially antagonized by Phenirat® only in the presence of Sandalore® ) does not “confidently rule out” that OR2AT4-INDEPENDENT effects, possibly including even changes in membrane permeability to this volatile compound, might also have been at work, given the relatively high concentration of Sandalore® and long duration ofHF organ culture.

That is exactly why we went one key step further and silenced OR2AT4 in organ-cultured HFs (incidentally, to the best of our knowledge, this is the first time that any olfactory receptor has been successfully knocked-down in any human [mini-] organ). This clearly showed that – notably in the presence of high-dose Sandalore® ! – OR2AT4 knock-down exerted the opposite effects of agonist treatment alone and profoundly inhibited both, hair growth (i.e. OR2AT4 siRNA shortened anagen and prematurely induced catagen and up-regulated hair matrix keratinocyte apoptosis) and intrafollicular IGF-1 production.

However, to alert readers to the important caveat raised by the expert reviewer, we have complemented the revised Discussion with the following supplementary text(supplementary text 5):

“Previously, we had addressed the specificity and receptor dependence of Sandalore® effects at the relatively high concentration tested here in human HaCaT cells and primary human epidermal keratinocytes (Busse et al 2014). This had demonstrated that after 5 days of Sandalore® stimulation in the presence of specific antagonist of OR2AT4 or of relevant signalling pathway blockers (adenylyl cyclase inhibition by MDL-12.330A or SQ-22536; CNG channel inhibition by L-cis Diltiazem), the Sandalore® effect in HaCaT cells or primary human epidermal keratinocytes was completely blocked, without any effects on cell morphology or any other cell biology parameter evaluated. In addition, co-application of the specific OR2AT4 antagonist Phenirat® with Sandalore® (1:1, 500 mM) completely blocked Sandalore® -induced calcium signals in HaCaT cells (Busse et al. 2014), indicating that the effects of Sandalore® are based on the activation of OR2AT4 in keratinocytes. Most importantly, silencing OR2AT4 in organ-cultured HFs clearly showed that – notably in the presence of high-dose Sandalore® – OR2AT4 knock-down exerted the opposite effects of agonist treatment alone and profoundly inhibited both, hair growth (i.e. OR2AT4 siRNA shortened anagen and prematurely induced catagen and upregulated hair matrix keratinocyte apoptosis) and intrafollicularIGF-1 production. “"

Last edited:

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There seem to be mostly discussions on how to mix this page after page are there any decent results shared yet? The once i´ve seen are not very impressive

I was using for a few weeks and small baby hairs were sprouting from my forehead where hair receded. Unfortunately those hairs never grew any longer so I stopped using this stuff for now. Another guy on reddit had a similar experience where baby hairs started sprouting on bald areas within a few days of use, but over a month later he reported there were no further positive changes. Seems like this stuff can grow baby hairs but so far we haven't seen any of these hairs growing into regular sized hairs. If anyone here experiences real growth I'd be willing to start using this stuff again.

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Trying to figure out the correct formula to use since there's so many floating around. Based off of Turfboy's formula here:

17ml ethanol (70% solution)
3 drops sandalore
2 drops ethoxydiglycol
dab of PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil
45 ml distilled water

If 40 drops = 1ml, then this is 0.075 ml of sandalore in 62 ml of liquid giving 0.12%. This seems a bit low, shouldn't we be aiming for closer to 0.5%? This is also a fairly high concentration of water (~75%?), shouldn't the % ethanol be a bit higher to carry the sandalore better? Any opinions on this formula and refinement?
Yes, you must raise alcohol 70 that contains a lot of water and reduce the distilled water. The most popular ratio in this forum seems to be 0.5% and 1%. The application once or twice. I'm trying all this

alcohol 70 ....................... 60ml
propylene glycol ............. 20ml
distilled water ................. 15ml
Sandalore + other oils + ... 5ml

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
True, olfactory is hope, olfactory is life

I have done a photoshoot for the first time and seen tiny black hairs all around my "hairline" on close up shots, not sure if they have always been there, or if this is result of 1 months sandalore or the stuff I have been applying earlier. Will update later if they grow.

I was wondering if we could apply it more frequent or in higher doses. The paper below warns against higher doses but it doesn't specify what a high dose is.

Does anyone think meso-injecting sandalore with or without carrier is worth exploring??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The paper:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/327879390_Supplementary_Material_2

The paragraph:

In the highlighted bold text below it does state the in the presence of high-dose Sandalore the opposite effects were exerted...but the paper does not state what concentration "high-dose Sandalore" is....

"There is some concern that the effects of Sandalore® require exposure to relatively high concentrations for 6 days. Under those circumstances can the authors confidently rule out non- specific effects, possibly even membrane permeability to this volatile compound that may be at work?

Thanks for raising this important point. In our previous study (Busse et al., 2014), we had carefully addressed the specificity and receptor dependence of Sandalore® effects at the relatively high concentration tested in human HaCaT cells and primary human epidermal keratinocytes. For example, we had demonstrated that after 5 days of Sandalore® stimulation in the presence of specific antagonist of OR2AT4 or of relevant signalling pathway blockers of adenylyl cyclase (MDL-12.330A or SQ-22536) and CNG channel (L-cis Diltiazem), the Sandalore® effect in HaCaT cells or primary human epidermal keratinocytes was completely blocked, without any effects on cell morphology or any other cell biology parameter evaluated. In addition, the co-application of the specific OR2AT4 antagonist Phenirat® with Sandalore® (1:1, 500 mM) completely blocked Sandalore® -induced calcium signals in HaCaT cells indicating that the effects of Sandalore® are based on the activation of OR2AT4 inkeratinocytes.

While these cell culture data demonstrated OR2AT4-dependency of the Sandalore® effects on human keratinocytes in vitro (for details, see Busse et al., 2014), we agree that even the Phenirat® + Sandalore® co-stimulation experiment (which showed that Sandalore® effects on the HF can be partially antagonized by Phenirat® only in the presence of Sandalore® ) does not “confidently rule out” that OR2AT4-INDEPENDENT effects, possibly including even changes in membrane permeability to this volatile compound, might also have been at work, given the relatively high concentration of Sandalore® and long duration ofHF organ culture.

That is exactly why we went one key step further and silenced OR2AT4 in organ-cultured HFs (incidentally, to the best of our knowledge, this is the first time that any olfactory receptor has been successfully knocked-down in any human [mini-] organ). This clearly showed that – notably in the presence of high-dose Sandalore® ! – OR2AT4 knock-down exerted the opposite effects of agonist treatment alone and profoundly inhibited both, hair growth (i.e. OR2AT4 siRNA shortened anagen and prematurely induced catagen and up-regulated hair matrix keratinocyte apoptosis) and intrafollicular IGF-1 production.

However, to alert readers to the important caveat raised by the expert reviewer, we have complemented the revised Discussion with the following supplementary text(supplementary text 5):

“Previously, we had addressed the specificity and receptor dependence of Sandalore® effects at the relatively high concentration tested here in human HaCaT cells and primary human epidermal keratinocytes (Busse et al 2014). This had demonstrated that after 5 days of Sandalore® stimulation in the presence of specific antagonist of OR2AT4 or of relevant signalling pathway blockers (adenylyl cyclase inhibition by MDL-12.330A or SQ-22536; CNG channel inhibition by L-cis Diltiazem), the Sandalore® effect in HaCaT cells or primary human epidermal keratinocytes was completely blocked, without any effects on cell morphology or any other cell biology parameter evaluated. In addition, co-application of the specific OR2AT4 antagonist Phenirat® with Sandalore® (1:1, 500 mM) completely blocked Sandalore® -induced calcium signals in HaCaT cells (Busse et al. 2014), indicating that the effects of Sandalore® are based on the activation of OR2AT4 in keratinocytes. Most importantly, silencing OR2AT4 in organ-cultured HFs clearly showed that – notably in the presence of high-dose Sandalore® – OR2AT4 knock-down exerted the opposite effects of agonist treatment alone and profoundly inhibited both, hair growth (i.e. OR2AT4 siRNA shortened anagen and prematurely induced catagen and upregulated hair matrix keratinocyte apoptosis) and intrafollicularIGF-1 production. “"
It seems that the risk of Sandalore starts at 10% as irritating, from >30% dangerous for the eyes, etc ... of course nothing about hair

I want to believe that 0.5% or 1% away from 10% will be fine

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
My Sandalore just arrived and I can smell it through the bubble wrap foil package.. smells real musky, woody.. kinda like an old pensioners wardrobe! :D

My Vanicream isn’t arriving until 6th of Feb.. maybe I’ll get some ethanol etc.. it’s hard to find.. what’s the story with denatured? Good or bad?

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you must raise alcohol 70 that contains a lot of water and reduce the distilled water. The most popular ratio in this forum seems to be 0.5% and 1%. The application once or twice. I'm trying all this

alcohol 70 ....................... 60ml
propylene glycol ............. 20ml
distilled water ................. 15ml
Sandalore + other oils + ... 5ml
Why must we reduce the distilled water? Wasn't turfboy using 45ml of distilled water in a 75ml bottle with great regrowth?

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why must we reduce the distilled water? Wasn't turfboy using 45ml of distilled water in a 75ml bottle with great regrowth?

Sorry, I do not have the perfect formula, surely all posters deduce it, I have also followed a mix. I have read first .. sandalore solution, does not dissolve in water or similar... and introduction under the skin, alcohol facilitates this.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Right side temple progress. As usual nothing ground breaking

Attachments

• Collage 2019-01-10 14_44_35.jpg
    Collage 2019-01-10 14_44_35.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 923