Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, I have reviewed the equivalence drops <> milliliters and is

1ml = 40 drops.

General nursing difference between microdroplets and macrodroplets

RatherLurk

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dissolved 1% Sandalore in a Stemoxydine vehicle, it seems to dissolve perfectly. Checked it after a few days, and didn't see any oily separation. After application there seems no real difference other than my eyes getting slightly affected for a few seconds. At 1% the sandalore smell is clearly overtakes the stemox smell.

I will test a 10% concentration purely to see how well it dissolves, won't apply it to my scalp.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dissolved 1% Sandalore in a Stemoxydine vehicle, it seems to dissolve perfectly. Checked it after a few days, and didn't see any oily separation. After application there seems no real difference other than my eyes getting slightly affected for a few seconds. At 1% the sandalore smell is clearly overtakes the stemox smell.

I will test a 10% concentration purely to see how well it dissolves, won't apply it to my scalp.

Do you think the eye irritation is directly from the particles of the topical going airborne or do you think it's through the bloodstream?

RatherLurk

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, I have reviewed the equivalence drops <> milliliters and is

1ml = 40 drops.

General nursing difference between microdroplets and macrodroplets

Interesting, I thought 1 ml = 20 drops roughly. This could mean I currently use a 0.5% concentration.

Edit: Just checked, it is indeed 40 drops.

Last edited:

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is directly from the Sandalore (= Sandal Pantenol , CAS 65113-99-7) patent.
it seems like that somehow, despite Sandalore not soluble in water, it's capable of tolerating 65% of water in the final solution. I don't understand.
Instead, what the reddit guy describes sounds more realistic to me.

sandalore.jpg

Last edited:

turfboy

Reaction score
Yes, I based my mixture on this information. The ethoxydiglycol is a solvent and a solubizer and PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil is used to make oil-in-water emulsions (emulsifier).

this is directly from the Sandalore (= Sandal Pantenol , CAS 65113-99-7) patent.
it seems like that somehow, despite Sandalore not soluble in water, it's capable of tolerating 65% of water in the final solution. I don't understand.

View attachment 108761

Last edited:

turfboy

Reaction score
How greasy is this mix? I just started using 0.25 mL in a 60mL bottle of rogaine liquid. I switched to foam years ago bc of greasiness of rogaine. After using the mixture a couple times, I forgot how much I hated the liquid. I'm looking for a non greasy formula.

The patented info which is what my mixture is based on is not greasy at all. In Rogaine the "greasiness" comes mostly from propylene glycol which irritates my skin (in fact, it's classified as a skin irritant). The "grease" of the polyethlene glycol doesn't bother me as much as the irritation. That is why I stopped using over-the-counter minoxidil solutions.

Last edited:

turfboy

Reaction score
I use a drop of sandalore in 70 ml of olive oil and it irritates my eyes a lot. I am thinking of using another vehicle but the clinic in Spain (Canary Islands) that is investigating told me that it irritated the eyes so I do not know what to do

I think I have experienced eye irritation - feels kind of like dry eyes. At first I attributed it to the winter weather, but it may be the sandalore. Lately I have been closing my eyes when applying which has helped.

INT

Reaction score

View attachment 108761

Ok I am a completely chemistry noob. Can someone explain me these proportions in simple ML terms?
Thank you.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using a 70-75ml metal container with diffuse sprayer

Ingredients in order

17ml ethanol (70% solution)
3 drops sandalore
2 drops ethoxydiglycol
dab of PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil

AFTER all these ingredients are in container shake well and let sit for a few hours to dissolve (overnight probably couldn't hurt)

Then add 45 ml of distilled water

Shake well and allow time to dissolve further.

That's it;

Apply twice daily.

Shake vigorously before spraying/applying
This.
I’m just wondering where to get the ethoxydiglycol!

INT

Reaction score
Well, just applied my first 2 ml of 1% sandalore in nothing but alcohol, and as expected, it dried right away.

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get the exact same thing, I’m using stemoxydine.

It’s a very mild eye irritation.

Is the stemoxydine leaves your scalp greasy or not. Do you apply as a leave in scalp or you wash it after serveral minutes.
Secondly, no one is adding N1-methylspermidine to the mixture. The scientist are using it with sandalore to treat men with Telogene effluvium condition
Thanks

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, just applied my first 2 ml of 1% sandalore in nothing but alcohol, and as expected, it dried right away.

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, I'm going to do the same, I've been on cetirizine 1% in 96º ethanol for 8 months and will just add sandalore to it to a final concentration of 0.5%.
The tradeoff is going to be less exposure time due to evaporation rate.