Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

turfboy

Reaction score
I'm using a 70-75ml metal container with diffuse sprayer

Ingredients in order

17ml ethanol (70% solution)
3 drops sandalore
2 drops ethoxydiglycol
dab of PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil

AFTER all these ingredients are in container shake well and let sit for a few hours to dissolve (overnight probably couldn't hurt)

Then add 45 ml of distilled water

Shake well and allow time to dissolve further.

That's it;

Apply twice daily.

Shake vigorously before spraying/applying

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Happy new year everyone. Quick update week 2 left and week 8 right. Not sure about any new regrowth now maybe just thickening of exsisting hair
Question, is you hair the same length in both photos, or is it longer on week 8?

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
60 pages fill with dozen of different mixture, ml, ingredient, sandalores source etc..

anyone could help me ? .. :S

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using a 70-75ml metal container with diffuse sprayer

Ingredients in order

17ml ethanol (70% solution)
3 drops sandalore
2 drops ethoxydiglycol
dab of PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil

AFTER all these ingredients are in container shake well and let sit for a few hours to dissolve (overnight probably couldn't hurt)

Then add 45 ml of distilled water

Shake well and allow time to dissolve further.

That's it;

Apply twice daily.

Shake vigorously before spraying/applying
Thanks, you must have been a chemistry student back in the day.
Would this work, maybe just add Sandalore etc
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/121207927963

Yorch

My Regimen
Reaction score
I sent a email to canary clinique and they call me to ask me and only Told me there Was irritation eyes in their study

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How does one mix anything effectively with Vanicream? Seriously, with a spoon or something?
I'm planning on using a stirring stick, yeah. Everything arrives today so I'll probably mix it up tonight, hopefully it's not harder than it sounds lol.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm planning on using a stirring stick, yeah. Everything arrives today so I'll probably mix it up tonight, hopefully it's not harder than it sounds lol.
What all have you ordered? Did you get the Sandalore off Amazon or Pell Well?

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using sandalore mixed with ethyl alcohol for the past week. I used a few drops in about 70 ml of alochol because that is all i had left. Im planning on getting propyelene glycol and mixing it half and half or 70/30 with alcholo and then adding a few drops of sandalore.

It is definitley working for me. My itching and inflammation is pretty much gone whenever I use it. My hair is no longer sore when i move it around. It feels like I have normal hair again. I will be taking pics and monitoring for regrowth.

how can you tolerate a 70 % alcohol based topical, it must burn like hell ? and the smell too, people would detect the strong alcohol smell if you apply 2 ml + ?

verne2k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how can you tolerate a 70 % alcohol based topical, it must burn like hell ? and the smell too, people would detect the strong alcohol smell if you apply 2 ml + ?

doesn't burn at all. i tried 95% ethanol and you don't feel anything.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone link me to their source of sandalore? I know its in this thread somewhere but i just dont feel like skimming pages until i find it. I want to add some into my minoxidil, figure it cant hurt so why not

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
doesn't burn at all. i tried 95% ethanol and you don't feel anything.

well.. maybe i am just prone to skin irritation :( any topical over 30 % alcohol / 70 % water burn like hell.

So so mix 1 ml of sandalore with how many ml of 95 % alcohol, plus others stuff ?

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well.. maybe i am just prone to skin irritation :( any topical over 30 % alcohol / 70 % water burn like hell.

So so mix 1 ml of sandalore with how many ml of 95 % alcohol, plus others stuff ?

1ml Sandalore in 100ml Solvent = Sandalore Mix 1%
Try...
alcohol 70% ............... 60ml and mix 1ml Sandalore
propylene glycol ........ 20ml will soften your solvent (cheap and easy to buy)
distilled water ............ 20ml to complete the 100ml

Shake well when adding each ingredient

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1ml Sandalore in 100ml Solvent = Sandalore Mix 1%
Try...
alcohol 70% ............... 60ml and mix 1ml Sandalore
propylene glycol ........ 20ml will soften your solvent (cheap and easy to buy)
distilled water ............ 20ml to complete the 100ml

Shake well when adding each ingredient

thanks man, appreciate ! im from canada you ? is pellwell sandalore only for UK

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
pr2vyz3z.jpg

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I mixed everything up very roughly. I'd estimate I'm using a 1-1.5% mixture because the containers I mixed the vanicream and the Sandalore in did not have measurements but it should be fine. It mixed shockingly easily with just a simple mixing spoon that came with the containers I ordered. I started by putting the 1mL of Sandalore in the empty container, adding about 10-15mL of vanicream, stirring, and repeated that until I felt I was close to 100mL total (the containers only hold 120mL and I left what I eyeballed to be 20mL of space empty lol). Has a very perfume-y smell to it but not overpowering by any means and the vanicream was super easy to rub in and apply even with my super long hair, although I'm only applying it to the first 5cm or so of my hairline and my temples. I'm pretty confident it mixed well because I can feel a somewhat odd sensation on the areas I applied it to... not quite a burn, but I can tell it's more than lotion up there lol. I suppose I'll update how it goes eventually. Cost me like $35 to get a huge supply of this stuff so even if it doesn't work it's not a huge bust as long as my hair doesn't fall out.

Slight side note / why I'm not the best candidate to base results off of:

It's been a long time since I updated anyone here about my hair journey. Long story hopefully not as long - I ran into some insurance issues, some health issues relating to my work pushing me beyond my physical limits while on hormones, and major depression issues that resulted in a lapse of me taking my hormones. I was very sporadic with them, sometimes I'd take them for a week and then stop for 2-3 months. Other times I'd take them a couple days a week for a couple months. I had a period of time where I didn't take any hormones for about 6 or 7 months. During this time I was also relatively inconsistent with minoxidil. Never as bad as I was with my hormones but I was only applying my minoxidil 3-4 days a week most weeks. During this time I was mostly consistent with my dutasteride, although I did have a few missed doses and at one point I ran out and had to use finasteride for about a month.

Luckily I didn't lose that much ground but the hair quality was overall worse and the areas which I was previously slick bald on like the temples and the area in like the middle of the scalp directly behind the hairline definitely thinned out noticeably.

As of 2 months ago I started being pretty religious again with my hormones and my minoxidil. As of about 2 weeks ago I started using Stemoxydine on the hairline. I've been dermarolling with LiCL inconsistently as well, although I plan to make that a 2x/week affair here soon. All in all, I've got too much happening with treatments to put any would-be success solely on the shoulders of Sandalore with any degree of certainty, but I will still give an opinion on it as a treatment when I feel appropriate to make a judgment.

The last 2-3 months has been a period of intense shedding and if Sandalore could stop that and hopefully thicken up existing hair and hair I expect to come back with my newfound consistency in my regimen, I would consider it a success for me.

Last edited: