Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. Are indirectly any hormones involved?

No directly, more with catagen-promoting TGF-β2 and anagen-maintaining IGF-1

Here the effect in vitro chart
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-05973-0/figures/7

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

did you experience "Androgenetic Alopecia itch" at any moment before starting any treament?
Some Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers (like me) describe a chronic itch, exactly in the balding areas.
if so, do you feel the itch has diminished/relieved?

Naja

My Regimen
Reaction score
did you experience "Androgenetic Alopecia itch" at any moment before starting any treament?
Some Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers (like me) describe a chronic itch, exactly in the balding areas.
if so, do you feel the itch has diminished/relieved?

Hmm. This may not be the place to post this, is so I apologise. But do you find this itch to be a standard itch or is it unusual? I ask because I had a terrible hormonal telogen effluvium shed that had an associated itch but it had a strange feeling... like itching didn't help, like a red ant biting from within, and would occasionally prick my scalp from inside.... I'm just trying to distinguish the Telogen Effluvium shed from the Androgenetic Alopecia feeling.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm. This may not be the place to post this, is so I apologise. But do you find this itch to be a standard itch or is it unusual? I ask because I had a terrible hormonal telogen effluvium shed that had an associated itch but it had a strange feeling... like itching didn't help, like a red ant biting from within, and would occasionally prick my scalp from inside.... I'm just trying to distinguish the Telogen Effluvium shed from the Androgenetic Alopecia feeling.

Well, pruritus (itch) is a still a controversial issue in both Androgenetic Alopecia in Telogen Effluvium, with some authors saying it is not related at all,
whereas others say that follicle pain (trichodynia) is a better marker of Telogen Effluvium ( article https://docdro.id/rdl9ZCX). it's probably very specific for every patient.

In my case, I clearly noticed that finasteride did not reduce the itch but dutasteride effectively did, and also that the itch was present only in balding areas.

If you buy a cheap usb microscope, you would be able to effectively distinguish Androgenetic Alopecia-balding areas (hairs showing heterogenous thickness, "anisotrichosis") from Telogen Effluvium hair loss (homogeneous thickness but low density), and identify in your scalp which areas present which types of itch/pain/ant/burning etc.

My hypothesis is that if Sandalore is capable of stimulate the follicle and reverse the atrophy, itchiness should subside as well, so that's why I'm asking that.

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
I will be following this thread closely. I am interested to see what Sandalore can do.
Also it might be good to start dermarolling with it later on.

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did someone say that this is being tested in trials?? It would be great if we got more scientific data on this rather than having a hairloss forum pioneer the data

sticksman

My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry im only replying now juiceman. when i peed it stung. scared the sh*t outta me. The pain stopped within a week of stopping. Think i had it around 2 -5 % solution which s far too high. might even give it another go with a 0.1 solution. Pretty sure than anything that interrupts our hair cycle also affects our hormones. Good luck

neronero

My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry im only replying now juiceman. when i peed it stung. scared the sh*t outta me. The pain stopped within a week of stopping. Think i had it around 2 -5 % solution which s far too high. might even give it another go with a 0.1 solution. Pretty sure than anything that interrupts our hair cycle also affects our hormones. Good luck
Bro... if u peed and it stung i got bad news for you. Hint - it aint sandalore.

Elleonleo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did we figure out if the amazon sandalore is a scam? It's clear and personally I can barely smell it at all. I've been using it however for about a month. Very willing to buy from other source but have we reached a consensus? Any other verification method other than CAS number?