Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, my guess would be yes as IGF-1 production would probably decrease back to baseline. Barring some really bad health news about Sandalore, I will continue to use this as long as I see results, so far no side effects.
What is the bad health news?

est_sunshine

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think he means as long as there aren’t any side effects that are discovered later. Although I can’t seem to find any evidence of negative side effects - I guess this is why they’re doing the human trial in Canary Islands right now

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, thought I would post my progress. Very pleased with the results so far! First set of pics are from 11-20 about a month in give or take, 2nd are from today. I will take some more pics on the 1st. Pics were taken right out of the shower, hair combed down and combed to the side.

This is ridiculous growth after one month! Insane. Well done mate. Pleased for you.

I ordered some from Perfumers Apprentice and arrived yesterday - was slightly concerned about reports of shedding (which in itself is not always a bad sign), but after seeing this and @Jamesdunn early stage results, i will go add to my regime. Thanks for sharing your photos

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey juiceman, sorry to bug you but im pretty dumb so my question may be really stupid.. but im really desperate to try this and i want to make sure i do everything exactly the way you did. so if its ok, could you please post a link or pm me with links to everything you bought and il get them from the same places? also you said you used 40%Propylene Glycol and 60% 182 proof rubbing alcohol in an empty bottle of minoxidil. what size bottle? and you mean fill up 40% of the bottle with propylene glycol and 60% of the bottle with the rubbing alcohol then add a few drops of the sandalore you got from the link you provide. after that just apply a few drops to my hair everyday and thats all?
Sure, here you go
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6219-sandalore-givaudan.aspx?keyword=sandalore
https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Pure-P...32369900339?hash=item361a534b33:rk:4:pf:0&var
https://www.target.com/p/isopropyl-alcohol-91-32oz-up-up-153/-/A-13970972

It's a 80 ml bottle but that shouldn't matter as long as the mixture is the same. But yes, 40% of the bottle with Propylene Glycol and 60% of the rubbing alcohol. I'm definitely using more than a few drops on my scalp, probably about 1ml.

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is ridiculous growth after one month! Insane. Well done mate. Pleased for you.

I ordered some from Perfumers Apprentice and arrived yesterday - was slightly concerned about reports of shedding (which in itself is not always a bad sign), but after seeing this and @Jamesdunn early stage results, i will go add to my regime. Thanks for sharing your photos
Thanks for the support!

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Left side temple progress. Lighting is slightly different
Collage 2018-12-11 16_16_51.jpg

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** I’m a bit suspect. I have been using sandalore for about a month mixed with vanicream, and have also been using my spray bottle everyday. Haven’t really seen any results so far, my hair is longer tho so maybe it’s harder to see? Forgot to take a before pic but I’ll take one now and take one in a few weeks! If anyone else is getting results too share em!

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, thought I would post my progress. Very pleased with the results so far! First set of pics are from 11-20 about a month in give or take, 2nd are from today. I will take some more pics on the 1st. Pics were taken right out of the shower, hair combed down and combed to the side.

Nicely done mate. Three weeks in and your hair looks fuller. Have you noticed a change in texture? Do you use minoxidil once or twice per day?

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nicely done mate. Three weeks in and your hair looks fuller. Have you noticed a change in texture? Do you use minoxidil once or twice per day?
Thank you, the first round of photos was about a month in. I use minoxodil once every other day.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. I've changed it slightly from using 70% rubbing alcohol to 91% to limit the amount of water as Sandalore is insoluble in water, but shouldn't make that much of a different. I am doing roughly 40% Propylene Glycol, and 60% 182 proof rubbing alcohol with about 4 drops of Sandalore all within a cleaned out and dry bottle of minoxidil. Applied once daily.
Cheers, Adam

no water at all !?!, damm a topical with basically 70 % alcohol would burn my scalp so much

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no water at all !?!, damm a topical with basically 70 % alcohol would burn my scalp so much
There's propylene glycol in there as well which isn't an irritant, the goal is to limit the amount of water since Sandalore is insoluble in water. It does irritate my scalp more than minoxidil though but it's not excruciating. That being said, I would eventually like to switch to applying it every other day but that is pretty far in the future.

bsz0206

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started tonight.

This is my solution:
  • isopropyl alcohol 72ml
  • distilled water 16ml
  • propylene glycol 6ml
  • Sandalore 3ml (3%)
  • DMSO 3ml
:
  • started: 2018-12-10 10PM
  • 1ml every night night at brush time
  • I go for 3% Sandalore.
  • Norwood VI
  • Will apply only to my right side for 6 weeks
  • No other treatment. Just Sandalore

I will keep you posted.

Last edited:

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's another cream that we can substitute Vanicream with?

The 453g tub of Vanicream on Amazon is £25 - a bit of a rip off for just cream imo.

Perhaps @floschen you know?

Last edited:

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you mix this stuff into minoxidil? I know a lot of different things can be dissolved in it.