Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

Kingboo83

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys can you please help i'm rather desperate- I'm 28 and no chemist and a long time lurker but find what you are saying going right over my head! Can anybody explain simply what I need to purchase and what to do with them in as layman as a way as possible?! Sorry just very confused and shedding like mad so want some hope

This is the regimen I'm using:

2 oz isopropyl alcohol
.5 oz distilled water
2 ml propylene glycol
1 ml Sandalore
1 ml DMSO

Just mix them all into a spritzer bottle and apply once or twice a day as you can

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

2 oz isopropyl alcohol
.5 oz distilled water
2 ml propylene glycol
1 ml Sandalore
1 ml DMSO

Just mix them all into a spritzer bottle and apply once or twice a day as you can

This adds up to a 1.3% solution (vol/vol).
Have you tried solving it in 96º ethanol alone?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score

2 oz isopropyl alcohol
.5 oz distilled water
2 ml propylene glycol
1 ml Sandalore
1 ml DMSO

Get some proper ethanol. Rubbing alcohol is not good for topicals

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
why? skin sanitizer consists of 70% rubbing alcohol

Except sanitizer is for killing or limiting growth of bacteria (cells), topicals intended to facilitate growth of cells. Perhaps a subjective debate, but could easily be resolved in the petri dish.

bluesuedeshoes

Established Member
Reaction score
A stupid question perhaps, but is it important to find a vehicle that doesnt have any odor so the smell of sandalore can be dominant?

My ethanol/pg/sandalore mix just reeks of alcohol. Maybe not a good thing?!

anonn munn

My Regimen
Reaction score
A stupid question perhaps, but is it important to find a vehicle that doesnt have any odor so the smell of sandalore can be dominant?

My ethanol/pg/sandalore mix just reeks of alcohol. Maybe not a good thing?!
fair question. Im not sure, but i guess it's not about the smell per se, i think it's more about how the sandalore binds to certain receptors on the scalp

John Cen

My Regimen
Reaction score
and where in the UK can I find all these ingredients? I've searched everywhere and finding a hard time - please help! :)

Kingboo83

My Regimen
Reaction score
This adds up to a 1.3% solution (vol/vol).
Have you tried solving it in 96º ethanol alone?

I believe in the study, it was purported that 1-10% was deemed safe, so it should be just enough, too. No, can't say I have, but I was following from someone else's regimen who had fantastic regrowth, and I can say so far that with this solution, I've already been seeing new growth peaking most noticeably along my temples, actually.

Get some proper ethanol. Rubbing alcohol is not good for topicals

I don't know a whole lot about the differences between alcohols, but two weeks passed into using this stuff and I found my scalp nor my hair has dried out at all. Again, I'm mostly following from someone else's regimen that had great results, but I considered opting for ethanol instead... The isopropyl has been working, though.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe in the study, it was purported that 1-10% was deemed safe, so it should be just enough, too. No, can't say I have, but I was following from someone else's regimen who had fantastic regrowth, and I can say so far that with this solution, I've already been seeing new growth peaking most noticeably along my temples, actually.

I don't know a whole lot about the differences between alcohols, but two weeks passed into using this stuff and I found my scalp nor my hair has dried out at all. Again, I'm mostly following from someone else's regimen that had great results, but I considered opting for ethanol instead... The isopropyl has been working, though.

Thank you for your response. Temples recession is extremely hard to manage in comparison with vertex regions, so that's excellent, excellent news.

"rubbing alcohol" is a type of denatured alcohol. From wikipedia:
Because of the diversity of industrial uses for denatured alcohol, hundreds of additives and denaturing methods have been used. The main additive has traditionally been 10% methanol, giving rise to the term "methylated spirits". Other typical additives include isopropyl alcohol, acetone, methyl ethyl ketone, methyl isobutyl ketone, and denatonium.

the denaturation process does not make it worthless as a vehicle, it's still mainly ethanol. now, do the other components you use enhance or maximize the transcutaneous delivery of the active compound? That's a whole different story and the answer is very complex.

Rossi et al 2018 (PMID: 28604133) used mere 96º ethanol as vehicle.

Last edited:

sticksman

My Regimen
Reaction score
got a feeling this stuff works. but high doses will cost you. Had pains in the nether regions after a week. only eent away when stopped usage. Im guessing it was a 5% mixture. obviously too high. saw several noticeable hairs thicken. Anyone else experience this? Ive a feeling this stuff goes systematic and antagonizes the prostrate.

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
got a feeling this stuff works. but high doses will cost you. Had pains in the nether regions after a week. only eent away when stopped usage. Im guessing it was a 5% mixture. obviously too high. saw several noticeable hairs thicken. Anyone else experience this? Ive a feeling this stuff goes systematic and antagonizes the prostrate.
Been on it for a month and a half, no side effects. You sure it's not in your head? I don't think it has any impact on male hormones.

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, thought I would post my progress. Very pleased with the results so far! First set of pics are from 11-20 about a month in give or take, 2nd are from today. I will take some more pics on the 1st. Pics were taken right out of the shower, hair combed down and combed to the side.

Attachments

• IMG_20181210_194423.jpg
    IMG_20181210_194423.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,007
  • IMG_20181210_194254.jpg
    IMG_20181210_194254.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 943
  • IMG_20181120_181446.jpg
    IMG_20181120_181446.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 942
  • IMG_20181120_181742.jpg
    IMG_20181120_181742.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 957

est_sunshine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing results thejuiceman what combo are you using? I’m a 36 female w AA and Telogen Effluvium, very keen to give this a go

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing results thejuiceman what combo are you using? I’m a 36 female w AA and Telogen Effluvium, very keen to give this a go
Thank you. I've changed it slightly from using 70% rubbing alcohol to 91% to limit the amount of water as Sandalore is insoluble in water, but shouldn't make that much of a different. I am doing roughly 40% Propylene Glycol, and 60% 182 proof rubbing alcohol with about 4 drops of Sandalore all within a cleaned out and dry bottle of minoxidil. Applied once daily.
Cheers, Adam

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, thought I would post my progress. Very pleased with the results so far! First set of pics are from 11-20 about a month in give or take, 2nd are from today. I will take some more pics on the 1st. Pics were taken right out of the shower, hair combed down and combed to the side.
Looking good mate. The next question is what will happen if we stop using sandalore when we get the results we want? Would the regrowth just shed again?

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking good mate. The next question is what will happen if we stop using sandalore when we get the results we want? Would the regrowth just shed again?
Thanks, my guess would be yes as IGF-1 production would probably decrease back to baseline. Barring some really bad health news about Sandalore, I will continue to use this as long as I see results, so far no side effects.

est_sunshine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone think there may be any bad side effects? I mean it’s been used in soaps, perfumes for a long time, and the concentration is very small. Has anyone found anything negative in any journals etc?

MoMoney

Reaction score
Thanks, my guess would be yes as IGF-1 production would probably decrease back to baseline. Barring some really bad health news about Sandalore, I will continue to use this as long as I see results, so far no side effects.
hey juiceman, sorry to bug you but im pretty dumb so my question may be really stupid.. but im really desperate to try this and i want to make sure i do everything exactly the way you did. so if its ok, could you please post a link or pm me with links to everything you bought and il get them from the same places? also you said you used 40%Propylene Glycol and 60% 182 proof rubbing alcohol in an empty bottle of minoxidil. what size bottle? and you mean fill up 40% of the bottle with propylene glycol and 60% of the bottle with the rubbing alcohol then add a few drops of the sandalore you got from the link you provide. after that just apply a few drops to my hair everyday and thats all?

Long John Silver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Keep it up bro! Thank you!