Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a link to a file on your hard drive lol.

If the study does indeed state that: That would mean we would drop about 0.05ml in a 500ml solution of Vanicream. How would we even be able to grab such a small amount? And surely we wouldn't be able to adequately mix such a small amount into 500ml of Vanicream or a substitute?
Paste the link into your browser it works. Not sure why so many people are using Vanicream, doesn't include a proper vehicle to get Sandalore to the hair follicles.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Paste the link into your browser it works. Not sure why so many people are using Vanicream, doesn't include a proper vehicle to get Sandalore to the hair follicles.

Wow are you actually joking mate?

That file is on your machine, it's indicated by: "file:///home/chronos..." and you're using a browser to open the file on your hard drive...

As for the Vanicream vehicle, it seems to be doing something for others, so that's why people are trying this.

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow are you actually joking mate?

That file is on your machine, it's indicated by: "file:///home/chronos..." and you're using a browser to open the file on your hard drive...

As for the Vanicream vehicle, it seems to be doing something for others, so that's why people are trying this.

Sorry technologically illiterate, just search "high dose sandalore" and find the research gate editorial. That aside, you need a proper carrier to penetrate the skin which is the job of alcohol. Without that, Sandalore will just likely sit on top of your scalp. I add in propylene glycol as well since alcohol is fast dying and will not give the solution much time to penetrate the scalp.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
... And surely we wouldn't be able to adequately mix such a small amount into 500ml of Vanicream or a substitute?

I use a pipette graduated in tenths of ml. Mix up a liter. Invest in some lab equipment, it's fun and useful to have around. And, your friends will think you're cool sipping brandy from a beaker.
image.jpeg

Yorch

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not you find it strange that there are no products with sandalore since there is no patent?

floschen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry technologically illiterate, just search "high dose sandalore" and find the research gate editorial. That aside, you need a proper carrier to penetrate the skin which is the job of alcohol. Without that, Sandalore will just likely sit on top of your scalp. I add in propylene glycol as well since alcohol is fast dying and will not give the solution much time to penetrate the scalp.

you underestimate how much of a sponge our skin is, especially the scalp

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Everyone should read this, it clears up a lot of questions. They did in fact use .01% so you really only need about a drop or two in your solution. They also clarified that a high dosage has the opposite effects and causes anagen phase to decrease. Toxicity studies from 2008 also do not show an increase in cancer risk.

file:///home/chronos/u-48f7dd1706b33bd494d9f6976b190f0a2b84914c/Downloads/41467_2018_5973_MOESM2_ESM%20(4).pdf
Why are you guys still claiming 0.01 % to be the right solution??? Only because of that study where they used that directly on the cells for multiple days ??

There is a commercial product out there with sandalore from the company that sponsored this study and in their patent they define a range of sandalore in the solution from 0.1 -10%. So their commercial product should have sandalore in this range. And if they use it why should it be toxic ??

Of course there is no problem sticking with 0.01 but don't be disappointed if you all don't get any effect out of this.

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you guys still claiming 0.01 % to be the right solution??? Only because of that study where they used that directly on the cells for multiple days ??

There is a commercial product out there with sandalore from the company that sponsored this study and in their patent they define a range of sandalore in the solution from 0.1 -10%. So their commercial product should have sandalore in this range. And if they use it why should it be toxic ??

Of course there is no problem sticking with 0.01 but don't be disappointed if you all don't get any effect out of this.

Can you post a link to that product? I have yet to see or hear about it until now.

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So whos gonna go ahead and give 10% a shot? I’m starting to think my 1% isnt cutting it. My shedding is better and my itching is somewhat better but that inflammation is still there.

One more thing anybody else tasting this sh*t all the time? Since i spray/drop it on my head and then rub it in it gets on my hands. Even after a thorough hand wash if i lick my finger hours mater I get this metallic taste. Also when I shower i can almost unavoidably taste it. Anyone else experience this?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sandalore's odor is subtle but potent and long lasting. Just the vapor from sucking it up in the pipette I used for several batches lingered on my tongue for a couple hours. It is a strange and metallic taste.

staresatwalls

My Regimen
Reaction score
The paper/pdf where the opposite effects of higher doses were mentioned.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...851574f7e63e5c/41467-2018-5973-MOESM2-ESM.pdf

There is some concern that the effects of Sandalore® require exposure to relatively high concentrations for 6 days. Under those circumstances can the authors confidently rule out non- specific effects, possibly even membrane permeability to this volatile compound that may be at work?

Thanks for raising this important point. In our previous study (Busse et al., 2014), we had carefully addressed the specificity and receptor dependence of Sandalore® effects at the relatively high concentration tested in human HaCaT cells and primary human epidermal keratinocytes. For example, we had demonstrated that after 5 days of Sandalore® stimulation in the presence of specific antagonist of OR2AT4 or of relevant signalling pathway blockers of adenylyl cyclase (MDL-12.330A or SQ-22536) and CNG channel (L-cis Diltiazem), the Sandalore® effect in HaCaT cells or primary human epidermal keratinocytes was completely blocked, without any effects on cell morphology or any other cell biology parameter evaluated. In addition, the co-application of the specific OR2AT4 antagonist Phenirat® with Sandalore® (1:1, 500 mM) completely blocked Sandalore® -induced calcium signals in HaCaT cells indicating that the effects of Sandalore® are based on the activation of OR2AT4 inkeratinocytes. While these cell culture data demonstrated OR2AT4-dependency of the Sandalore® effects on human keratinocytes in vitro (for details, see Busse et al., 2014), we agree that even the Phenirat® + Sandalore® co-stimulation experiment (which showed that Sandalore® effects on the HF can be partially antagonized by Phenirat® only in the presence of Sandalore® ) does not “confidently rule out” that OR2AT4-INDEPENDENT effects, possibly including even changes in membrane permeability to this volatile compound, might also have been at work, given the relatively high concentration of Sandalore® and long duration ofHF organ culture. That is exactly why we went one key step further and silenced OR2AT4 in organ-cultured HFs (incidentally, to the best of our knowledge, this is the first time that any olfactory receptor has been successfully knocked-down in any human [mini-] organ). This clearly showed that – notably in the presence of high-dose Sandalore® ! – OR2AT4 knock-down exerted the opposite effects of agonist treatment alone and profoundly inhibited both, hair growth (i.e. OR2AT4 siRNA shortened anagen and prematurely induced catagen and up-regulated hair matrix keratinocyte apoptosis) and intrafollicular IGF-1 production. However, to alert readers to the important caveat raised by the expert reviewer, we have complemented the revised Discussion with the following supplementary text(supplementary text 5): “Previously, we had addressed the specificity and receptor dependence of Sandalore® effects at the relatively high concentration tested here in human HaCaT cells and primary human epidermal keratinocytes (Busse et al 2014). This had demonstrated that after 5 days of Sandalore® stimulation in the presence of specific antagonist of OR2AT4 or of relevant signalling pathway blockers (adenylyl cyclase inhibition by MDL-12.330A or SQ-22536; CNG channel inhibition by L-cis Diltiazem), the Sandalore® effect in HaCaT cells or primary human epidermal keratinocytes was completely blocked, without any effects on cell morphology or any other cell biology parameter evaluated. In addition, co-application of the specific OR2AT4 antagonist Phenirat® with Sandalore® (1:1, 500 mM) completely blocked Sandalore® -induced calcium signals in HaCaT cells (Busse et al. 2014), indicating that the effects of Sandalore® are based on the activation of OR2AT4 in keratinocytes. Most importantly, silencing OR2AT4 in organ-cultured HFs clearly showed that – notably in the presence of high-dose Sandalore® – OR2AT4 knock-down exerted the opposite effects of agonist treatment alone and profoundly inhibited both, hair growth (i.e. OR2AT4 siRNA shortened anagen and prematurely induced catagen and upregulated hair matrix keratinocyte apoptosis) and intrafollicularIGF-1 production. “

=============================================================================

@The balding god posted earlier great results of applying a dilution of 0.75-1.00% in an "unscented lotion". Unfortunately he didn't clarify what this "unscented lotion" is, but if we take his trial in consideration we can assume that this does is effective.

Last edited:

scaredaf

My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys see any reason why I couldn’t mix this into a lotion/ alcohol mix with rosemary oil too, seeing as though I already use that?

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Paper: https://www.researchgate.net/public...851574f7e63e5c/41467-2018-5973-MOESM2-ESM.pdf

In the highlighted bold text below it does state the in the presence of high-dose Sandalore the opposite effects were exerted...but the paper does not state what concentration "high-dose Sandalore" is....

"There is some concern that the effects of Sandalore® require exposure to relatively high concentrations for 6 days. Under those circumstances can the authors confidently rule out non- specific effects, possibly even membrane permeability to this volatile compound that may be at work?

Thanks for raising this important point. In our previous study (Busse et al., 2014), we had carefully addressed the specificity and receptor dependence of Sandalore® effects at the relatively high concentration tested in human HaCaT cells and primary human epidermal keratinocytes. For example, we had demonstrated that after 5 days of Sandalore® stimulation in the presence of specific antagonist of OR2AT4 or of relevant signalling pathway blockers of adenylyl cyclase (MDL-12.330A or SQ-22536) and CNG channel (L-cis Diltiazem), the Sandalore® effect in HaCaT cells or primary human epidermal keratinocytes was completely blocked, without any effects on cell morphology or any other cell biology parameter evaluated. In addition, the co-application of the specific OR2AT4 antagonist Phenirat® with Sandalore® (1:1, 500 mM) completely blocked Sandalore® -induced calcium signals in HaCaT cells indicating that the effects of Sandalore® are based on the activation of OR2AT4 inkeratinocytes.

While these cell culture data demonstrated OR2AT4-dependency of the Sandalore® effects on human keratinocytes in vitro (for details, see Busse et al., 2014), we agree that even the Phenirat® + Sandalore® co-stimulation experiment (which showed that Sandalore® effects on the HF can be partially antagonized by Phenirat® only in the presence of Sandalore® ) does not “confidently rule out” that OR2AT4-INDEPENDENT effects, possibly including even changes in membrane permeability to this volatile compound, might also have been at work, given the relatively high concentration of Sandalore® and long duration ofHF organ culture.

That is exactly why we went one key step further and silenced OR2AT4 in organ-cultured HFs (incidentally, to the best of our knowledge, this is the first time that any olfactory receptor has been successfully knocked-down in any human [mini-] organ). This clearly showed that – notably in the presence of high-dose Sandalore® ! – OR2AT4 knock-down exerted the opposite effects of agonist treatment alone and profoundly inhibited both, hair growth (i.e. OR2AT4 siRNA shortened anagen and prematurely induced catagen and up-regulated hair matrix keratinocyte apoptosis) and intrafollicular IGF-1 production.

However, to alert readers to the important caveat raised by the expert reviewer, we have complemented the revised Discussion with the following supplementary text(supplementary text 5):

“Previously, we had addressed the specificity and receptor dependence of Sandalore® effects at the relatively high concentration tested here in human HaCaT cells and primary human epidermal keratinocytes (Busse et al 2014). This had demonstrated that after 5 days of Sandalore® stimulation in the presence of specific antagonist of OR2AT4 or of relevant signalling pathway blockers (adenylyl cyclase inhibition by MDL-12.330A or SQ-22536; CNG channel inhibition by L-cis Diltiazem), the Sandalore® effect in HaCaT cells or primary human epidermal keratinocytes was completely blocked, without any effects on cell morphology or any other cell biology parameter evaluated. In addition, co-application of the specific OR2AT4 antagonist Phenirat® with Sandalore® (1:1, 500 mM) completely blocked Sandalore® -induced calcium signals in HaCaT cells (Busse et al. 2014), indicating that the effects of Sandalore® are based on the activation of OR2AT4 in keratinocytes. Most importantly, silencing OR2AT4 in organ-cultured HFs clearly showed that – notably in the presence of high-dose Sandalore® – OR2AT4 knock-down exerted the opposite effects of agonist treatment alone and profoundly inhibited both, hair growth (i.e. OR2AT4 siRNA shortened anagen and prematurely induced catagen and upregulated hair matrix keratinocyte apoptosis) and intrafollicularIGF-1 production. “"

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So to this day there's only on guy in this forum who got positive results followed by pictures ?