Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @The balding god any more updates? How confident are you that this is working? Been applying now for about around 3 weeks, haven't seen much of an improvement. I am now using the vanicream and sandalore mix around once or twice a day? Before I had a spray bottle with canola oil, tea tree oil, some alcohol, water, eucalyptus, and sandalore.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @The balding god any more updates? How confident are you that this is working? Been applying now for about around 3 weeks, haven't seen much of an improvement. I am now using the vanicream and sandalore mix around once or twice a day? Before I had a spray bottle with canola oil, tea tree oil, some alcohol, water, eucalyptus, and sandalore.

What % Sandalore are you using? I have a feeling 1% is not cutting it.

Taichi

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about spermidine that is used in the study?
Would wheat germ oil(richest In spermidine) do the trick?
I see that in the study they used an analogue od spermidine , n1 methylspermidine which is metabolically stable.I presume spermidine in oil is not.
So, could the wheat germ oil be useless for this?

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 7 and day 23. Not sure what to think anymore so you guys can decide if any improvement

Attachments

• Collage 2018-11-28 13_59_16.jpg
    Collage 2018-11-28 13_59_16.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 812

inmyhead

Reaction score
got some sandalore - smells lovely, like a head full of hair. Gonna add to my shampoos and minoxidil

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
What about spermidine that is used in the study?
Would wheat germ oil(richest In spermidine) do the trick?
I see that in the study they used an analogue od spermidine , n1 methylspermidine which is metabolically stable.I presume spermidine in oil is not.
So, could the wheat germ oil be useless for this?

Interesting point - look back at the first page on this link, the study results (pasted below) seems to dwell more on the use of 1-methylspermidine than Sandalore. Maybe this supplement could be good to use on its own, let alone with Sandalore. States that has good solubility in ethanol and water. Thoughts?

RESULTS: The results obtained by in vitro tests showed the capacity of N1-methylspermidine to increase autophagic process while the clinical trials performed confirmed the safety and anti hair loss efficacy of the lotion reporting a reduction of hair loss (modified wash test) and hair growth stimulation as evaluated by hair density, hair shaft diameter, % of anagen hair and Hair Mass Index increase after 3 months of treatment. The lotion efficacy remained statistically significant for the above-mentioned parameters, with the exception of hair lost during wash, also 3 months after the end of treatment.

Also, study here on effectiveness of Spermidine https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5718121/

Day 7 and day 23. Not sure what to think anymore so you guys can decide if any improvement

First photo is day 7? 2nd photo seems to have slightly more 'gaps' in it, but may could be due to a number of factors not all bad (camera lighting, hair length, shedding prior to growth)

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So if anyone saw my pictures i seemed to have significant initial thickening but now my hair looks like it could be worse than when i started. I'm hoping that it could be weak hairs shedding. My shedding is still better than before and my itching and inflammation still seems better than before. I am going to wait to post pictures until I can gauge what is happening.

Taichi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical spermidine application may reduce telogen effluvium in patients that suffer from hair loss due to premature anagen termination (e.g. by androgens, perifollicular inflammation, iron or estrogen deficiency, or effluvium-inducing drugs).
It prolonges the anagen phase so it is good on its own I think.
I was just thinking if they used both sandalore and spermidine, maybe it is more effective when used together.

I just dont know where to find spermidine or would spermidine from oils acctually cut it.

In Germany they did a study with sandalore.
I read it on croatian language so I cant post it here, maybe you can find it in english...
Anyway, they found an olfactory receptors in blood and they treated leukemia with sandalore which activated Ca ions and phosphate group which cause certain enzymes to engage or disengage..

Could be relevant, I dont know..
Maybe it affects aromatase in scalp, apart from activating IGF 1 throught activation of OR2AT4 receptor.

I'll try wheat germ oil with sandalore and see where it gets me.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The study everyone has been referencing uses a 0.01% concentration of sandalore and noted that at 50 times that concentration it has the opposite effect.

Can you please highlight exactly where it states this?

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i´m one month into this, added sandalore to my minoxidil so it contained 1%. No difference so far, or well hair got worse but that is simply due to the fact that i got the minoxidil shed since i wasn´t on it before. Plus i´m off dutasteride since like 3 months also. So my experience is not very useful to draw conclusions from

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@hailbrotzu are you gonna continue to use?? I’m not sure if the same is happening to me as well... I hope it’s helping regrow and the weak ones are dying off!
@Jamesdunn keep at it bro, no matter what treatment it is it takes at least 3 months to start showing results. Not like a chia pet hahah, although that would be very nice!

bsz0206

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think 23 days is too soon to make any decision. Even if the most miraculous medicine of 2050 be used, it takes 2-3 months for the new hair growth to show itself and become large enough to recognize. For Minoxidil, they said it takes 6 months to see the overall effect.

Things that are good early sings are:
- Increase shedding. which means the new hair regrowth pushing out the old hair
- more vellus hair

Do you see any of the above? Can you take a closer photo?

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone should read this, it clears up a lot of questions. They did in fact use .01% so you really only need about a drop or two in your solution. They also clarified that a high dosage has the opposite effects and causes anagen phase to decrease. Toxicity studies from 2008 also do not show an increase in cancer risk.

file:///home/chronos/u-48f7dd1706b33bd494d9f6976b190f0a2b84914c/Downloads/41467_2018_5973_MOESM2_ESM%20(4).pdf

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone should read this, it clears up a lot of questions. They did in fact use .01% so you really only need about a drop or two in your solution. They also clarified that a high dosage has the opposite effects and causes anagen phase to decrease. Toxicity studies from 2008 also do not show an increase in cancer risk.

file:///home/chronos/u-48f7dd1706b33bd494d9f6976b190f0a2b84914c/Downloads/41467_2018_5973_MOESM2_ESM%20(4).pdf

link doesnt work

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

That's a link to a file on your hard drive lol.

If the study does indeed state that: That would mean we would drop about 0.05ml in a 500ml solution of Vanicream. How would we even be able to grab such a small amount? And surely we wouldn't be able to adequately mix such a small amount into 500ml of Vanicream or a substitute?