Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

RatherLurk

My Regimen
Reaction score
The guy who was using Vanicream left out the small detail that it won't work with long hair. I, like you, thought it could work for long hair. I bought the Vanicream, asked him for instructions, and then told me privately that it's still a lotion when he applies it to his scalp. Something he probably should've mentioned before telling everyone his combination.

Yes, he should have totally taken into account that YOU might have long hair, how inconsiderate of him to not take YOUR needs into account when trying out a private formula. He clearly is a terrible doctor!

/s

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is my inconsiderate progress pictures. Day 7 and day 19. Defiantly hair getting more thicker and denser
Ps I have short hair

Attachments

• Collage 2018-11-23 12_01_06.jpg
    Collage 2018-11-23 12_01_06.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 1,566

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hm, thinking of actually adding this to my minoxidil and dermarolling regimen. Soon I will add zix too. Using like 5 different oils at the moment too. Could perhaps add it to that oil mix? Maybe it'll be too much though?

Last edited:

bluesuedeshoes

Established Member
Reaction score
With those with long hair, just brush the hair to make a parting and apply it to the scalp, then make another and repeat.

You dont have to have a shaved head/buzz cut to apply topicals!

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, he should have totally taken into account that YOU might have long hair, how inconsiderate of him to not take YOUR needs into account when trying out a private formula. He clearly is a terrible doctor!

/s

Not only me, moron. When someone is posting his regiment and people are asking him A LOT of questions such as "How do you apply it" or "is it still a lotion?...how does it work?" Maybe just maybe he should've included somewhere "Oh ya this is still a lotion so it'll be hard to apply if you have long hair".

Clearly, it wasn't only ME. Lots of people had the same question dumbass, just go back a few pages. Jamesdumb's response to all these questions "Just drop the liquid into the lotion brah". Give me a break.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not only me, moron. When someone is posting his regiment and people are asking him A LOT of questions such as "How do you apply it" or "is it still a lotion?...how does it work?" Maybe just maybe he should've included somewhere "Oh ya this is still a lotion so it'll be hard to apply if you have long hair".

Clearly, it wasn't only ME. Lots of people had the same question dumbass, just go back a few pages. Jamesdumb's response to all these questions "Just drop the liquid into the lotion brah". Give me a break.
Did you really think dropping 1% of sandalore will magically turn the cream into liquid?

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
No just trying this sandalore.
Try not to be affected by any negativity. You have been kind and provided us with useful information. The cream is good for dry, sensitive skin too, and to combat the irritating effect from Sandalwood. Alcohol further irritates the scalp.

Yes, we can use the cream for long hair, even though it will be messy. Trinov is a lotion too.

turfboy

Reaction score
Long-time occassional lurker. This Sandalore treatment has perked my interest. I ordered a few items and have been doing things for about a week. As I learn more, I am modifyng my treatment. If anything good happens will let you know.

turfboy

Reaction score
James Dunn your photos are incredible. I tried taking a baseline photo but it is pretty much useless. I don't see any way that I can get decent photos with my cell phone. If anyone has suggestions, feel free to respond.

floschen

My Regimen
Reaction score
40% vodka doesn't work

I'm using skin sanitizer which consists of 70% rubbing alcohol, it was very cheap

Long John Silver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys... first I want to say thanks to @Jamesdunn for recording the advances. However, I took the last posted picture and adjusted the colors, contrast and brightness of the 19 days picture only, using the mole as reference to equalize it to the 7 days picture. The result is below:

View attachment 105143

My point is, depending on the settings of the camera you can have different apparent results.
I'm not saying that it is not working, but I'm saying that we must be cautious because taking pictures in exactly the same conditions is always difficult and can lead us to wrong conclusions.

Did it get worse? It kind of looks worse bro?

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys... first I want to say thanks to @Jamesdunn for recording the advances. However, I took the last posted picture and adjusted the colors, contrast and brightness of the 19 days picture only, using the mole as reference to equalize it to the 7 days picture. The result is below:

View attachment 105143

My point is, depending on the settings of the camera you can have different apparent results.
I'm not saying that it is not working, but I'm saying that we must be cautious because taking pictures in exactly the same conditions is always difficult and can lead us to wrong conclusions.
Agreed trying to be unbiased by trying to get each picture same quality angle and lighting. Hard to do I know.

Millsy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I purchased a 10ml bottle of Sandalore this week, when I received it, they had included a sample, of which seems to be a ready made solution in ethanol. I asked them what’s in it and they posted me a link, it contains Sandalore, 5 types of oil and is at 10% in ethenol.

It smells good. So I’ve been using this directly on my skin with no adverse effect so far.

I wondered if anyone else had thoughts on this, are they suggesting this as a good formula, would this the correct mix ect..

staresatwalls

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 105143

Yeah I fail to see an improvement too, is there any? or did it get worse?? Not to downplay @Jamesdunn contribution and efforts. Maybe other pics further down the line at few months marks.

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
F me, had a bottle of rubbing alcohol in the kitchen and took a quick look at the label. WATER is listed as an inactive ingredient, the same thing Sanalore is insoluble in. I guess it is near impossible to find 100% alcohol. In the study it says they used 1% DMSO, does anyone else know what the other ingredient was? Wondering if we should contact the authors of the study and if they would even respond. Very frustrating.

UPDATE: saw this on one of the chemical suppliers:
Soluble in:
alcohol
water, 17 mg/L @ 20 °C (exp)
Insoluble in:
water

Am I reading this correctly? Up to 17mg of Sandalore is soluble in 1 liter of water, and anything over 17mg would settle to the bottom or top of the solution? In that case, we should be okay since we are using such a tiny concentration of Sandalore.

Last edited: