Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems like the media picks up on a new ‘cure’ every month - but what do you all think of this?
Might be worth trying out if possible. I can’t imagine it’s difficult to get hold of.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/health/baldness-cure-hair-loss-treatment-sandalwood-perfume-sandalore-smell-a8543391.html?amp
Very interesting find. After a short google session I found the following.

Wikipedia:
Cure for Baldness
Some philosophers made the claim the Sandalore can be used as a treatment for baldness.

Giornale Italiano di Dermatologia e Venereologia 2018 June;153(3):338-43
DOI: 10.23736/S0392-0488.18.05891-1

Copyright © 2018 EDIZIONI MINERVA MEDICA

language: English

New multi-targeting strategy in hair growth promotion: in vitro and in vivo studies
Barbara MARZANI 1, Daniela PINTO 1, Elisabetta SORBELLINI 2, Fabio RINALDI 2 PDF

BACKGROUND: Considering the importance of hair in our modern society and the impact of hair loss, the efforts of researchers are addressed to better understand the mechanisms behind the hair cycle regulation and dysregulation. Because hair loss is multifactorial, differenced and new approaches are required. In particular we addressed our attention to two recently identified targets in hair cycling and growth control: olfactory receptor and autophagy. The aim of the study was to evaluate: the possible pro-autophagic effect of N1-methylspermidine (a spermidine analogue) in vitro and, in a double blind clinical trial, the safety and efficacy of topical daily application of a lotion containing N1-methylspermidine and Sandalore®.
METHODS: Autophagic modulation by N1-methylspermidine was monitored in vitro by LC3 and p62 fluorescent signal cell line. Topical daily application of the lotion was tested in 60 male and female subjects with chronic telogen effluvium by means of non-invasive objective evaluation.
RESULTS: The results obtained by in vitro tests showed the capacity of N1-methylspermidine to increase autophagic process while the clinical trials performed confirmed the safety and anti hair loss efficacy of the lotion reporting a reduction of hair loss (modified wash test) and hair growth stimulation as evaluated by hair density, hair shaft diameter, % of anagen hair and Hair Mass Index increase after 3 months of treatment. The lotion efficacy remained statistically significant for the above-mentioned parameters, with the exception of hair lost during wash, also 3 months after the end of treatment.
CONCLUSIONS: Based on the obtained results, the daily use of the N1-methylspermidine and Sandalore®-based lotion is efficient to counteract hair loss and increase hair growth by a multifunctional targeting approach.

Seems like they are working several month allready on this.

And this guy Paus Ralf was also involved in the way finding.
Seems like a new star on the hairloss horizon has risen.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And this guy Paus Ralf was also involved in the way finding.
Seems like a new star on the hairloss horizon has risen.

He also did a fantastic presentation at the 2017 WCHR on Strategies to promote vellus to terminal reconversion which is well worth looking at, its in the relevant sub-forum. He is certainly a man we should be holding in high regard.

bugbug

Reaction score
Full paper published in Nature and not some fly by night journal? Ralf Paus is attached to this and not some undergrad student on some island in the pacific? Study performed ex-vivo on human hair follicles and not rats or mice? The molecule is over the counter and dirt cheap? The molecular weight is small and its soluble in alcohol?

I just bought 200grams for 30 bucks as fast as my fingers could punch in my CC number

Link to full paper https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-05973-0

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Literally out of nowhere. Any experts have ideas on formulation?

KJ1982

Reaction score
This is potentially very interesting...

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm in the UK - perhaps I should try my chances, get in touch with the team in Manchester to enquire about the trial(s)?

Wouldn't it be abso-bloody-lutely typical if this proved to be a powerful weapon against hair loss and it had been right under our noses all along...?! :\

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the significance of spermidine in the lotion? Isn't it a PGE2 agonist or something? How can they assess sandalore if it's combined with an ingredient like spermidine?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Full paper published in Nature and not some fly by night journal? Ralf Paus is attached to this and not some undergrad student on some island in the pacific? Study performed ex-vivo on human hair follicles and not rats or mice? The molecule is over the counter and dirt cheap? The molecular weight is small and its soluble in alcohol?

I just bought 200grams for 30 bucks as fast as my fingers could punch in my CC number

Link to full paper https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-05973-0

Where did you buy it? Are you going to use it with a vehicle?
Need a source for this.