Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

Bushi

Reaction score
Can we have a sticky with the ingredients and dosage? It's pretty time consuming going true 93 pages.

Hans79

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can we have a sticky with the ingredients and dosage? It's pretty time consuming going true 93 pages.
It kind of depends how you want to use it, for instance I use Sandasweet a synthetic sandalwood, as synthetic is the only version that will work not organic. Typical rule of thumb is 2tsp in 1x 10ml bottle or 3x 15ml bottle and so on. I'm not sure how many times a day people are applying it, I think some said twice with their minoxidil. Hope that helps

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That better? Only decent before pic of same lighting I got
You’re using twice a day correct? I think most people are using twice a day if I’m not mistaken. I am as well. I was at 1% and only got vellus hairs so I dropped to .5% 3 days ago

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Right side temple. Tiny regrowth in mole and hair that seemed to be dying starting to look healthier. 2 weeks difference in hair length tho so that could make it seem as hair looks healthier
Noticing more general density too.... Woah.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re using twice a day correct? I think most people are using twice a day if I’m not mistaken. I am as well. I was at 1% and only got vellus hairs so I dropped to .5% 3 days ago
Yes twice a day at moment

Sam1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What brand of ethyl alcohol are people buying from Canada? Everclear is not sold in liquor stores here.

Bushi

Reaction score
It kind of depends how you want to use it, for instance I use Sandasweet a synthetic sandalwood, as synthetic is the only version that will work not organic. Typical rule of thumb is 2tsp in 1x 10ml bottle or 3x 15ml bottle and so on. I'm not sure how many times a day people are applying it, I think some said twice with their minoxidil. Hope that helps

Yeah, but for the people that don't use minoxidil, it would be useful.

I've read:

alcohol 70% ....................... 60ml
propylene glycol ............. 20ml
distilled water ................. 15ml
PEG 40 or castor oil.........4ml
Sandalore.........................1ml

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, but for the people that don't use minoxidil, it would be useful.

I've read:

alcohol 70% ....................... 60ml
propylene glycol ............. 20ml
distilled water ................. 15ml
PEG 40 or castor oil.........4ml
Sandalore.........................1ml
Better Sandalore 0.5ml for 100ml result at 0.5%
Beware castor oil if you have greasy hair

Hans79

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started thinking if the synthetic sandalwood is basically a odorant that the hair follicle smells which stimulates new hair growth, I wonder if it should be applied more like a cologne then an actual topical. In the study they applied the chemical directly to the human scalp for six days in a lab. The result was less follicles dying and more hair growth. What if it's just as simple as applying dabs on your index finger and applying it? Clearly it seems it's the actual scent that is doing the work.

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed any side effects? We’ve worked out it’s safe to use yeh? I’ll be updating on my progress

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started thinking if the synthetic sandalwood is basically a odorant that the hair follicle smells which stimulates new hair growth, I wonder if it should be applied more like a cologne then an actual topical. In the study they applied the chemical directly to the human scalp for six days in a lab. The result was less follicles dying and more hair growth. What if it's just as simple as applying dabs on your index finger and applying it? Clearly it seems it's the actual scent that is doing the work.
What if it works more like a tongue?

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good point. If the receptors that control our perception of scent are the same ones that regulate the functions we're targeting here, then applying the formula to our heads as though it could smell, would probably be the most effective way of making sure it hits those receptors. In short if the receptors in our nose call smell it, the ones on our head must be getting it too. That being said just rubbing it on is probably still the best way to go unfortunately, unlike in our noses the receptors are up under the skin, and it needs to be able to soak and penetrate to get down under the skin.

Bushi

Reaction score
Better Sandalore 0.5ml for 100ml result at 0.5%
Beware castor oil if you have greasy hair

I've put 3 drops into a 30ml mixture. Don't know how much 3 drops is, but i've read someone saying 1 drop for 10ml. But it doesn't smell that hard. Is that the case for everyone?

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've put 3 drops into a 30ml mixture. Don't know how much 3 drops is, but i've read someone saying 1 drop for 10ml. But it doesn't smell that hard. Is that the case for everyone?
Wouldn’t it be easier to just measure 1ml with a syringe?

est_sunshine

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the highest concentration of ethanol I can get my hands on in Aus is 60% Absinthe - since it’s ok to drink shouldn’t be a problem using on my head right? I have PG and Sandalore from a perfumer in Thailand. Wish me luck!

Hans79

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the highest concentration of ethanol I can get my hands on in Aus is 60% Absinthe - since it’s ok to drink shouldn’t be a problem using on my head right? I have PG and Sandalore from a perfumer in Thailand. Wish me luck!
Hmm Synthetic sandalwood from Thailand I'm always worried about the purity with anything I buy in the Asian market. You will have to tell us how it goes, I think with the ethanol you prolly will experience very dry hair maybe some skin irritation.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else is experiencing a drying effect on hair? Or is it just and my imagination?
Same here. It has a hair spray like effect on me. And it’s not just my vehicle. I’ve been using the same vehicle forever and only recently added sandalwood. It’s not a deal breaker for me but my hair is looking crazy in the morning and managament is maybe a tad worse.