Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

Davok

Reaction score
So are we supposed to get Sandalore in a powder form or can it be in a liquid form?

The bottle I've got says Sandalore but it's clearly a liquid. (It doesn't say it's sandalwood, which I know we're not supposed to use).

The various ways people have created their topical usually refer to "X ml" of Sandalore rather than "X mg" of Sandalore so I assume the liquid form is fine.

but then when I read the "Sandalore: a scientific homemade approach" from Tressless it seems we need the powder form?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So are we supposed to get Sandalore in a powder form or can it be in a liquid form?

The bottle I've got says Sandalore but it's clearly a liquid. (It doesn't say it's sandalwood, which I know we're not supposed to use).

The various ways people have created their topical usually refer to "X ml" of Sandalore rather than "X mg" of Sandalore so I assume the liquid form is fine.

but then when I read the "Sandalore: a scientific homemade approach" from Tressless it seems we need the powder form?
1% in this case means 1mL of Sandalore in 100mL of vehicle, that's it

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I put the Sandalore in minoxidil.. I’m getting extreme itchiness. Have you experienced that?

for me extreme itchness after application is there, but i know it is all because of alcohol.. it runs on my forehead and burns like hell

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, can't believe how fast time flies, it's been over 7 months since some members started experimenting with this. So what's the consensus so far? Is this thing a potential game changer or what?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, can't believe how fast time flies, it's been over 7 months since some members started experimenting with this. So what's the consensus so far? Is this thing a potential game changer or what?

I also suffer from chronic tellogen effluvium since I was 18 (I can confim because lost hair regrows some 6 months later)
so it's helpful to stop the shedding

Topical Sandalore, a specific OR2AT4-stimulating odorant, ameliorates
female telogen effluvium: Randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled
clinical trial
M Bertolini1
, F Jimenez2
, E Lopez2
, M Alam3
, C Ward1
, J Che ́ret4
, G Westgate5
, F Rinaldi6
and R Paus4,7 1 Monasterium Laboratory, Skin and Hair Research Solutions, Muenster,
Germany, 2 Mediteknia Clinic and Monasterium Clinical Hair Trial Unit, Gran Canaria,
Spain, 3 Mediteknia Skin & Hair Lab, Gran Canaria, Spain, 4 University of Miami, Miami,
Florida, United States, 5 Gill Westgate Consultancy Ltd, Bedford, United Kingdom, 6
Giuliani S.p.A., Milan, Italy and 7 University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Human hair follicles (HFs) express the olfactory receptor OR2AT4, whose specific stimulation
by the synthetic sandalwood-like odorant, Sandalore, prolongs anagen ex vivo. To study
whether this effect of Sandalore is clinically relevant, we conducted a randomized, double-
blinded, placebo-controlled, prospective clinical trial involving 60 female volunteers affected
by telogen effluvium with a defined, substantial degree of hair shedding. Patients were treated
topically with a solution containing either 1% Sandalore (verum) or natural sandalwood oil
(placebo), which has the same odor as Sandalore but does not stimulate OR2AT4, over a
period of 24 weeks. Sandalore 1% ameliorated clinical signs of telogen effluvium, namely it
reduced hair shedding, increased hair volume and increased the percentage of anagen HFs
over time significantly more than placebo, and showed a trend towards increasing the ratio of
terminal/vellus hairs. Hair shaft thickness and density were not affected. Most of the anti-hair
shedding effects were seen already after 8 weeks and maintained at week 24. Subjectively,
individuals in the treatment group were “more satisfied” than in the placebo group regarding
hair appearance and overall results. This clinical trial confirmed the anagen-maintaining ef-
fects of Sandalore seen ex vivo and provides the first evidence that a cosmetic odorant can
positively impact on human hair growth in vivo, encouraging the use of topical “olfacto-
therapy” with Sandalore as adjunct therapy of hair disorders characterized by excessive hair
shedding.

Dave721

Reaction score
So whatever happened here? Is anybody still using sandalore? I still use it but don’t know if it’s doing anything for me.

Was having some results but I decided to stop as we try for another kid in case there are any unknown sexual side effects. I know there are receptors in the prostate for this. I know there were some other users who were having results and then went silent. I feel like over the years, there have been many things which worked decent, but they kind of fall by the wayside as others get more excited about the next big fad.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was having some results but I decided to stop as we try for another kid in case there are any unknown sexual side effects. I know there are receptors in the prostate for this. I know there were some other users who were having results and then went silent. I feel like over the years, there have been many things which worked decent, but they kind of fall by the wayside as others get more excited about the next big fad.
Prostate and sandalore???? What?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
for me extreme itchness after application is there, but i know it is all because of alcohol.. it runs on my forehead and burns like hell
My itchiness only happens after i dermaroll and then apply the mix. Following day or two I could rake my scalp. Maybe it’s getting rid of the weak hairs that are dying. Doesn’t any injury start to itch as it heals, cuts, etc

noveau22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man people should post their results/feedback like less or more shedding on the front page if it worked or didn't work. It would be a lot more organized imo.

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd really love to see some sort of before and afters of this.. but it seems so new and unknown. Probably not enough people yet.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd really love to see some sort of before and afters of this.. but it seems so new and unknown. Probably not enough people yet.
I started Sandalore and switched to 2mm needling at the same time. Went through a massive shed. Not sure if it is sandalore or too deep, probably both. Either way, I dropped both.

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started Sandalore and switched to 2mm needling at the same time. Went through a massive shed. Not sure if it is sandalore or too deep, probably both. Either way, I dropped both.

The sheds can always be scary, but don't they say that if you have a shed, things must be working right? Maybe if you give it more time, but I can understand your reason to quit that.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
The sheds can always be scary, but don't they say that if you have a shed, things must be working right? Maybe if you give it more time, but I can understand your reason to quit that.
It’s the itch aswell like I’m allergic to it. Some people just continuously shed

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone could recommend a sandalore product? Do i understand correctly to Mix 0.5ml with 60ml minoxidil?

Many thanks,

INT

Reaction score
It did seem to be something for me during the short time I was on it, same for others in this thread.

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using the shampoo daily for the last 4 months. Also using a 1% solution: water/polysorbate 80/sandalore.
Overall, noticed that the short minoxidil hairs have greatly increased their time in anagen. This has greatly increased the density/length. So, cosmetically, this has become a good thing. On my temples I have some small fine hair that had popped up. I don't know if you would call it terminal, but they do have color and don't look like vellous hair. This past week I have started to apply my solution to the temples at night as well as my normal routine (see below). Sorry, not taking pics. FWIW I am going to continue to use this

Daily AM
  1. Sandalore shampoo
  2. Towel dried hair, then one spritz of sandalore (I have it in a small half ounce bottle) in the palm of my wet hand, then running both palms together, massage over my entire scalp.
  3. Brush through, and hit it with blow dryer.
  4. Apply min foam.
Daily PM
Min foam
Sandalore spritz to temples

Variables
  1. Finesteride 5 mg (5 years)
  2. On the keto diet
  3. OTC zinc, saw palmetto, vitamin D