Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

Stuie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your contribution
Could you please photo update in some 10 days? Enough time to notice any growth.
Ive been using sandalore for 4 months with no results whatsoever so Im very interested.

That picture is zoomed in to about a square inch so at 4 months, you would not be seeing much of anything without a camera. I am of the opinion that it takes a long time to lose your hair and it will take a long time to get it back. Had I updated in two weeks after my 3 month pics, I would not have seen any difference. I just somewhat forget about checking on things inbetween months and go about life. I'll update at 5 months where anything that might have happened will be more evident.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SO. Noticing that my 2nd and 3rd bottles of sandalore weren't doing sh&t and my hair was falling out to the depths of doom, I went back to my first bottle of Sandalore, from Perfumer's Apprentice... this is the bottle that has the strong scent (just by opening the bottle and putting it up close to your nose), and was originally successfully re-growing my hair a few months ago. Lo and behold my hair stopped shedding, and is thickening up again. My experience so far... it has to do with how strong the scent is from the bottle. if you can't smell anything, your hair will fall out. My 2nd and 3rd bottles have NO SCENT AT ALL.

I contacted Perfumer's Apprentice, and asked them if my 2nd and 3rd bottles might be expired. They said nope, all 3 of my bottles are from the same batch, and all expire in 2 years. it might just be dumb luck that you get a bottle with the strong scent, and others with no scent. How do you control this? Order 100 bottles and sniff them all and keep the ones that have the strong scent??

Anyway, this is just my 2 cents and hopefully can help somebody. I might order from Pellwall and see how strong of a scent their bottles have. My mix is Sandalore + 60% ethanol (Everclear) + 40% Propylene Glycol, mixed in an empty bottle of Rogaine.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Multiple possibilities but two immediately came to mind:

1. We just got used to it
  2. The batch went bad. It looks like the shelf life is 36 months. I could be wrong but is effective date the date the batch was made? If so that would explain it. https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/Images/SandaloreSpecSheet_perfappr.pdf

Alex, I asked Perfumer's Apprentice about this spec sheet you mentioned. The 'effective date' all the way at the bottom is the date in which the spec sheet itself was published... nothing to do with the sandalore bottles actually. The sandalore bottles all have a 36 month shelf life. the 3 bottles i have from them all expire in 2021. And like i mentioned above, only one of the bottles has the scent, and that's the one where my hair doesn't fall out and thickens up. The other 2 are useless, but not expired according to PA. Now i just have to figure out how to get bottles with the strong scent... at least that's my gameplan for now.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me thinks this thread died :( James Dunn, TheJuiceman, how are you guys doing with the sandalore?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read some literature stating that ex-vivo effects of agents will not always translate on clinical effect in vivo.
since ex-vivo follicles showed good growth with sandalore but we are lacking success stories, that seems to be the case

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
This was published recently, but n women wth telogen effluvium, and at 1%
Topical Sandalore, a specific OR2AT4-stimulating odorant, ameliorates
female telogen effluvium: Randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled
clinical trial

Human hair follicles (HFs) express the olfactory receptor OR2AT4, whose specific stimulation
by the synthetic sandalwood-like odorant, Sandalore, prolongs anagen ex vivo. To study
whether this effect of Sandalore is clinically relevant, we conducted a randomized, doubleblinded,
placebo-controlled, prospective clinical trial involving 60 female volunteers affected
by telogen effluvium with a defined, substantial degree of hair shedding
. Patients were treated
topically with a solution containing either 1% Sandalore (verum) or natural sandalwood oil
(placebo), which has the same odor as Sandalore but does not stimulate OR2AT4, over a
period of 24 weeks. Sandalore 1%
ameliorated clinical signs of telogen effluvium, namely it
reduced hair shedding, increased hair volume and increased the percentage of anagen HFs
over time significantly more than placebo, and showed a trend towards increasing the ratio of
terminal/vellus hairs. Hair shaft thickness and density were not affected. Most of the anti-hair
shedding effects were seen already after 8 weeks and maintained at week 24. Subjectively,
individuals in the treatment group were “more satisfied” than in the placebo group regarding
hair appearance and overall results. This clinical trial confirmed the anagen-maintaining effects
of Sandalore seen ex vivo and provides the first evidence that a cosmetic odorant can
positively impact on human hair growth in vivo, encouraging the use of topical “olfactotherapy”
with Sandalore as adjunct therapy of hair disorders characterized by excessive hair
shedding.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This was published recently, but n women wth telogen effluvium, and at 1%
Topical Sandalore, a specific OR2AT4-stimulating odorant, ameliorates
female telogen effluvium: Randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled
clinical trial

Human hair follicles (HFs) express the olfactory receptor OR2AT4, whose specific stimulation
by the synthetic sandalwood-like odorant, Sandalore, prolongs anagen ex vivo. To study
whether this effect of Sandalore is clinically relevant, we conducted a randomized, doubleblinded,
placebo-controlled, prospective clinical trial involving 60 female volunteers affected
by telogen effluvium with a defined, substantial degree of hair shedding
. Patients were treated
topically with a solution containing either 1% Sandalore (verum) or natural sandalwood oil
(placebo), which has the same odor as Sandalore but does not stimulate OR2AT4, over a
period of 24 weeks. Sandalore 1%
ameliorated clinical signs of telogen effluvium, namely it
reduced hair shedding, increased hair volume and increased the percentage of anagen HFs
over time significantly more than placebo, and showed a trend towards increasing the ratio of
terminal/vellus hairs. Hair shaft thickness and density were not affected. Most of the anti-hair
shedding effects were seen already after 8 weeks and maintained at week 24. Subjectively,
individuals in the treatment group were “more satisfied” than in the placebo group regarding
hair appearance and overall results. This clinical trial confirmed the anagen-maintaining effects
of Sandalore seen ex vivo and provides the first evidence that a cosmetic odorant can
positively impact on human hair growth in vivo, encouraging the use of topical “olfactotherapy”
with Sandalore as adjunct therapy of hair disorders characterized by excessive hair
shedding.

how the hell did you find this? holy f*** unbelievably buried !

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
increased hair volume and increased the percentage of anagen HFs
terminal/vellus hairs. Hair shaft thickness and density were not affected.

Um... There is hair count, and hair diameter. Neither of those were increased...

So what the hell is hair volume ? How can hair volume be increased if you neither have more hairs nor the hairs are thicker than they were...

Also as far as I'm aware telogen effluvium does not exhibit miniaturization so it would make sense that diameter was not increased since the diameter of hairs which are in anagen in Telogen Effluvium should be normal, there are just fewer anagen hairs overall.

I wish they did the study on male pattern baldness men...

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it is now more understandable why we haven't seen spectacular success like those cases seen on the microneeding thread.
even if only increases the anagen stage, it's still useful because it's cheap sideless and allows for more exposure time to other
topical agents. I think this is good news regardless.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think no need to rejuvenate this thread anymore we can move on and find something else see you my friends

I'm just curious what happened to James Dunn and thejuiceman. they were having great results. did they regrow all their hair and leave the forum? or did the sandalore stop working and they gave up?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just curious what happened to James Dunn and thejuiceman. they were having great results. did they regrow all their hair and leave the forum? or did the sandalore stop working and they gave up?
I think James switched to the Sandalore/Ethanol mix and started shedding. Turfboy was getting progress, washing his hair in black tea etc

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think James switched to the Sandalore/Ethanol mix and started shedding. Turfboy was getting progress, washing his hair in black tea etc

Dang. and i thought James was having success when he added the Sandalore / Ethanol mix. Juiceman had insane results at the 2 month mark. don't remember Turfboy. ah well. it would be great to hear from any of them. me personally, my hair thickened up ever since i went back to my 1st bottle from perfumers apprentice. nothing to brag about, but there is improvement. Going to keep at it.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lost a lot of ground over the last few weeks. I changed things up as I seen how amazing the progress at microneedling and min thread. Dropped sandalore completely as I thought it might interfere with minoxidil. Worst thing I done. Shed alot of what I gained. Decided to add sandalore to minoxidil. Slowly getting some results back

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lost a lot of ground over the last few weeks. I changed things up as I seen how amazing the progress at microneedling and min thread. Dropped sandalore completely as I thought it might interfere with minoxidil. Worst thing I done. Shed alot of what I gained. Decided to add sandalore to minoxidil. Slowly getting some results back

I shed a lot when I dropped sandalore but I thought it was a coincidence. well, gonna start microneedling this week. good luck!

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a recent temple pic

Attachments

• 20190506_162425.jpg
    20190506_162425.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 550