Samumed- Sm04554 Phase 2 Results Safety And Biopsy Outcomes

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
It's been a while since my last post.

I found something interested that I would like to share with you, phase 2 for
" A Study of SM04554 Applied Topically to the Scalp of Male Subjects With Androgenetic Alopecia Analyzed by Biopsy of the Scalp Prior To and Post Dosing"

Study finished on july 2016: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02503137?term=Samumed&rank=4

Cheers

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Attachments

• Samumed_SM04554_phase2.pdf
    413.7 KB · Views: 1,066

schtif

Reaction score
Interesting. @Noisette where did you find this? Who knows, if they get the dose right this might regrow a shitload of hairs. Wonder why they did not test other doses than 0.15% and 0.25% since these are the same doses they have already used in the first phase 2 trial.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. @Noisette where did you find this? Who knows, if they get the dose right this might regrow a shitload of hairs. Wonder why they did not test other doses than 0.15% and 0.25% since these are the same doses they have already used in the first phase 2 trial.

This thread discusses phase 2.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you read the whole PDF, it is very promising.
I invite both @Swoop and @That Guy to have their say.
Only thing I find a bit discouraging is that the sample is a bit small perhaps.

Olgu

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it is the probability that the results of the Samumed groups are not significant different from the result of the vehicle group. If you have a bigger sample size - the p-value is more meaningful. Thats why a small sample size is often criticized..

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if at these kinds of conferences (or any medical conferences--this one is dermatology) if they have some kind of press? Journals for hair/skin type of press? that maybe we will have some write ups in next few days about what was presented?

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm reading the graphs wrong, but it seems that all the hair count data are below the baseline measurements?

Noticed that too.. 0.15 seems to come back to normal and vehicle alone and 0.25 get worse

Must be reading it wrong.. where is the gurus

Last edited:

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People are so damn picky this is ridiculous.... How much hair growth did the first trial have? Like 10%? In 6 months? Isn't that equivalent to finasteride without side effects? I'd be fine with that cause then atleast ill know my did still f*****g works