Samumed Interview w/ Dr. Yusuf Yazici

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I just want March 5 to hurry up and get here and I just want the news to be good.

- - - Updated - - -

Folliman, I see where you are expecting news from Histogen by July 2016 but does Histogen even have an ongoing hair study right now?
Last I heard they were trying to raise money to start a study.

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
No, I just have that as a signature to keep track of how long they're taking and to have something to look forward to; it's arbitrary. Histogen keeps real quiet about their trials.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Histogen is even going to do the study they need to do in order to make their treatment available in Mexico?

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Hellouser, I heard that Samumed presented pictures at the congress that you called 'disappointing'. Is that true?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hellouser, I heard that Samumed presented pictures at the congress that you called 'disappointing'. Is that true?

I never said anything about being disappointed. Not sure who told you that. There weren't any photos posted from Samumed either, just data.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I never said anything about being disappointed. Not sure who told you that. There weren't any photos posted from Samumed either, just data.

Thank god you cleared that up.

I've been hanging out here all day waiting for your response to his question.

Oh who am I kidding - I hang out here all day no matter what.

But I really did want to hear your response to his question just the same.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
From your friend SwissTemples

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/...le_bit_of_hope_for_the_next/d0ag4i8?context=3

edit: What is this crth2 inhibitor that he mentioned? Is there a discussion about it somewhere, I've never heard of it.

SwissTemples is a good guy but he's trying to compare all Wnt mediators and they are not all the same. Maybe the available ones are weaker. Also, SwissTemples does not appear to be talking about the phase 2 pics. Hellouser says he never saw pics from the phase 2 study and that's good enough for me. I think Swiss is mixing up phase 1 stuff with phase 2 stuff.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Only 4 days left!

How much chance do you give SM to be significantly better than minoxidil, nameless?

I predict that the greater likelihood is that it is better than minoxidil. I think that if it wasn't better than minoxidil they would just publicly disclose
their failure in some small media venue and shut the project down rather than releasing this information in the big venue where they are releasing
it PLUS they still have their supplemental phase 2 going. If they're rx product is no better than OTC minoxidil I think they would pull the plug on the
supplemental phase 2 and dump the product.

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02503137

What do you think the greater likelihood is?

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Only 4 days left!

How much chance do you give SM to be significantly better than minoxidil, nameless?

Do you know anything about the crth2 inhibitor that Swiss referenced? I haven't seen it talked about on any of the forums..

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
Do you know anything about the crth2 inhibitor that Swiss referenced? I haven't seen it talked about on any of the forums..

Its PGD2 inhibitor adc3680. Most efficient pgd2 inhibitor there is in the pipeline. Compared to seti, adc3680 only needs 1/10 of the same dose to be effective.
Currently, there is no chemical formula available for it.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Its PGD2 inhibitor adc3680. Most efficient pgd2 inhibitor there is in the pipeline. Compared to seti, adc3680 only needs 1/10 of the same dose to be effective.
Currently, there is no chemical formula available for it.

There was no mention of Androgenetic Alopecia in that link ... This drug is first being trailed to treat asthma?? Are they also testing it for hair loss???

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
There was no mention of Androgenetic Alopecia in that link ... This drug is first being trailed to treat asthma?? Are they also testing it for hair loss???

It doesn't matter. All pgd2 inhibitors are primarily asthma drugs, seti included. Something to do with lung inflammation which pgd2 causes.

Anyways, seti wasn't potent enough to treat asthma. And after it became known that pgd2 inhibitor can help with hairloss too, seti was brought back to life and tested for Androgenetic Alopecia.

adc3680 is the best in class, most potent and effective for treating asthma out of all other drugs in development. Now imagine what it can do for Androgenetic Alopecia, if crappy seti is already effective.

adc3680 should also be cheap, because its potent at very low doses.

EDIT: i don't know what pulmagen is testing it for. And it doesn't really matter, just test if for safety. You probably won't see any retail products for years, as usual. We just need formula and test it ourselves for Androgenetic Alopecia.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you are wasting your seti taking it orally at 200mg. Make a topical.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
@nameless, highly unlikely I think. But soon and we'll know. Hope I'm wrong.

I don't know but if he means ADC3680 then it's not even the most potent one.

TM30089 (CAY10471) is the most potent one with a Ki value of 0.6nM for the DP2 receptor. Highly selective. Also insurmountable with a very long residence time.

There is no stronger compound than TM30089 if you want to target the DP2 receptor. It's more of a experimental compound though, but people have used it.

I don't like the DP2 (CRTH2) angle anyway, it's way worse than the androgen/AR angle.

Setipiprant was already a desperation attempt after TM30089 and OC459 had been trialed by people.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I predict that the greater likelihood is that it is better than minoxidil. I think that if it wasn't better than minoxidil they would just publicly disclose
their failure in some small media venue and shut the project down rather than releasing this information in the big venue where they are releasing
it PLUS they still have their supplemental phase 2 going. If they're rx product is no better than OTC minoxidil I think they would pull the plug on the
supplemental phase 2 and dump the product.

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02503137

What do you think the greater likelihood is?

Yes I would like to believe that this is a new era for hair loss treatments. Minoxidil was what, mid 90s? I would think that if they expect the FDA to approve a topical that affects a Wnt pathway, they had better show efficacy in proving that they understand something about the molecule(s) they are using. I thought I read that Samumed clinical trials are taking place in Australia, too?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
As an FYI, I'm not sure if clinical trials overseen by the FDA are the same, but in academia, you aren't supposed to really analyze data prior to a study being over (other than making sure things seem "normal"), since it may cause you to change study protocol/unconsciously influence a study. They may be required to keep the study going unless there are serious adverse effects/they notice something detrimental.

What would be the difference between "analyzing data" and "really analyzing data" during clinical trials?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't mean "really" as in severe or anything, but I mainly mean that you aren't supposed to perform thorough analyses (looking at statistical significance, survey results, etc.) prior to a study's conclusion (as opposed to making sure peoples' symptoms aren't severe and any bio tests fall within normal ranges, etc.)

Again, medical testing may vary though.

We hear about "preliminary data" or "preliminary results" or "early data" or "early results" all the time so I don't know
whether or not your supposition is right or wrong so please post a link to your source so I can confirm your suggestion.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Preliminary results generally just means an initial analysis, but a more thorough one will be done (like when Samumed released their little preliminary results about 2 weeks after phase II ended). I don't have a source - I'm basing it on research I led at a university and when I worked as a technician in two other labs. Look up IRB guidelines if you don't believe me - I also cautioned that medical research/FDA processes might vary.

I don't think what you're suggesting would necessarily be bad anyway. I think what you're suggesting might be neutral or good overall.

That having been said, I've had researchers tell me that they're tracking results all along. Maybe some do and some don't. There's no point in asking Samumed if they did or didn't because they're very tight-lipped.

We're going to have to wait until Saturday to get actual data