Samumed Interview w/ Dr. Yusuf Yazici | Page 5 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Help us fund HairLossTalk to Attend upcoming New Research Conference!

Samumed Interview w/ Dr. Yusuf Yazici

Discussion in '9th World Congress for Hair Research Conference' started by hellouser, Nov 29, 2015.

1. nameless

nameless Banned

Dislikes Received:
    I just want March 5 to hurry up and get here and I just want the news to be good.

- - - Updated - - -

Folliman, I see where you are expecting news from Histogen by July 2016 but does Histogen even have an ongoing hair study right now?
    Last I heard they were trying to raise money to start a study.

2. Folliman

Folliman Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    No, I just have that as a signature to keep track of how long they're taking and to have something to look forward to; it's arbitrary. Histogen keeps real quiet about their trials.

3. nameless

nameless Banned

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone know if Histogen is even going to do the study they need to do in order to make their treatment available in Mexico?

4. distracted

distracted Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hellouser, I heard that Samumed presented pictures at the congress that you called 'disappointing'. Is that true?

5. nameless

nameless Banned

Dislikes Received:

I didn't hear that. I hope that isn't true.

Ugh!

6. hellouser

hellouser Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I never said anything about being disappointed. Not sure who told you that. There weren't any photos posted from Samumed either, just data.

7. nameless

nameless Banned

Dislikes Received:
    Thank god you cleared that up.

I've been hanging out here all day waiting for your response to his question.

Oh who am I kidding - I hang out here all day no matter what.

But I really did want to hear your response to his question just the same.

8. distracted

Dislikes Received:
  9. nameless

nameless Banned

Dislikes Received:
    SwissTemples is a good guy but he's trying to compare all Wnt mediators and they are not all the same. Maybe the available ones are weaker. Also, SwissTemples does not appear to be talking about the phase 2 pics. Hellouser says he never saw pics from the phase 2 study and that's good enough for me. I think Swiss is mixing up phase 1 stuff with phase 2 stuff.

10. Swoop

Swoop Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Only 4 days left!

How much chance do you give SM to be significantly better than minoxidil, nameless?

11. nameless

nameless Banned

Dislikes Received:
    I predict that the greater likelihood is that it is better than minoxidil. I think that if it wasn't better than minoxidil they would just publicly disclose
    their failure in some small media venue and shut the project down rather than releasing this information in the big venue where they are releasing
    it PLUS they still have their supplemental phase 2 going. If they're rx product is no better than OTC minoxidil I think they would pull the plug on the
    supplemental phase 2 and dump the product.

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02503137

What do you think the greater likelihood is?

12. distracted

Dislikes Received:
    Do you know anything about the crth2 inhibitor that Swiss referenced? I haven't seen it talked about on any of the forums..

13. firstpost

firstpost Banned

Dislikes Received:
    Its PGD2 inhibitor adc3680. Most efficient pgd2 inhibitor there is in the pipeline. Compared to seti, adc3680 only needs 1/10 of the same dose to be effective.
    Currently, there is no chemical formula available for it.

14. distracted

Dislikes Received:
    There was no mention of Androgenetic Alopecia in that link ... This drug is first being trailed to treat asthma?? Are they also testing it for hair loss???

15. firstpost

firstpost Banned

Dislikes Received:
    It doesn't matter. All pgd2 inhibitors are primarily asthma drugs, seti included. Something to do with lung inflammation which pgd2 causes.

Anyways, seti wasn't potent enough to treat asthma. And after it became known that pgd2 inhibitor can help with hairloss too, seti was brought back to life and tested for Androgenetic Alopecia.

adc3680 is the best in class, most potent and effective for treating asthma out of all other drugs in development. Now imagine what it can do for Androgenetic Alopecia, if crappy seti is already effective.

adc3680 should also be cheap, because its potent at very low doses.

EDIT: i don't know what pulmagen is testing it for. And it doesn't really matter, just test if for safety. You probably won't see any retail products for years, as usual. We just need formula and test it ourselves for Androgenetic Alopecia.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you are wasting your seti taking it orally at 200mg. Make a topical.

16. Swoop

Swoop Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @nameless, highly unlikely I think. But soon and we'll know. Hope I'm wrong.

I don't know but if he means ADC3680 then it's not even the most potent one.

TM30089 (CAY10471) is the most potent one with a Ki value of 0.6nM for the DP2 receptor. Highly selective. Also insurmountable with a very long residence time.

There is no stronger compound than TM30089 if you want to target the DP2 receptor. It's more of a experimental compound though, but people have used it.

I don't like the DP2 (CRTH2) angle anyway, it's way worse than the androgen/AR angle.

Setipiprant was already a desperation attempt after TM30089 and OC459 had been trialed by people.

17. NewUser

NewUser Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I would like to believe that this is a new era for hair loss treatments. Minoxidil was what, mid 90s? I would think that if they expect the FDA to approve a topical that affects a Wnt pathway, they had better show efficacy in proving that they understand something about the molecule(s) they are using. I thought I read that Samumed clinical trials are taking place in Australia, too?

18. nameless

nameless Banned

Dislikes Received:

What would be the difference between "analyzing data" and "really analyzing data" during clinical trials?

19. nameless

nameless Banned

Dislikes Received:
    We hear about "preliminary data" or "preliminary results" or "early data" or "early results" all the time so I don't know
    whether or not your supposition is right or wrong so please post a link to your source so I can confirm your suggestion.

20. nameless

nameless Banned

Dislikes Received:

I don't think what you're suggesting would necessarily be bad anyway. I think what you're suggesting might be neutral or good overall.

That having been said, I've had researchers tell me that they're tracking results all along. Maybe some do and some don't. There's no point in asking Samumed if they did or didn't because they're very tight-lipped.

We're going to have to wait until Saturday to get actual data