Sadscalps Story (23 / NW3+diffuse thinning) PICS pg3

Christopher

Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel. I'm 22 and have suffered through the pains of hair loss. I think I'd classify myself as a Norwood 3/4... I'm not quite sure. Anyways, it's really, really hard to deal with.

The worst part is it has shattered my confidence. People say girls don't care about hair they care about confidence, but most of them do care about hair, especially when you're so young. And it's very hard to be confident when you have receding hair. I've always been told I'm a pretty confident guy -- actually that's not entirely true, more like smug and cocky -- but I've always felt good about myself. The last year has pretty much been a roller coaster ride in terms of confidence. You have days where you feel fine and your hair looks decent, but then you have days where your hair has shed quite a bit and you'd rather just hide in a corner. I had a great girlfriend the last 4 months so I didn't really care about my hair, but unfortunately that didn't work out and now I'm back to feeling like crap.

Well I don't want to feel like crap so I've decided to really fight it. I'm taking propecia and nizoral shampoo and I've decided to get a hair transplant. I have the money and I feel like it's worth it. How do you put a price on feeling confident and happy, especially in your 20s? And I know some may percieve the route I am taking as a sign of weakness, fragility and a lack of self-confidence, but one has to understand that certain people just don't look good bald. I have a weird shaped head and I look like a belong in the circus with a shaved head.

So, yeah, I feel your frustration. And I recommend just doing whatever you can to make yourself feel good.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
I've decided to get a hair transplant

Just remember. FUE only. So that once you decide there is no point fighting you can shave it off.

Christopher

Reaction score
I'm doing strip. I don't really care if I have a scar on the back of my head. I already have a different scar on the back of my head (which apparently doesn't effect the donor area), perhaps I can combine both scars into a super cool story.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
mann02 said:
Y did u get back on finasteride?

I never went off it..?

Anyway, I'm starting to think that my scalp cannot handle minoxidil that well. After a good week it started going the other way again, but what I noticed is that it started improving after I had a couple of days break from minoxidil. Maybe my scalp just cannot handle 2ml minoxidil every day. Gets incredibly dry and flaky (which doesn't just seem to be minoxidil residue, but also dead skin) after a short while. Maybe too much minoxidil "kills" my skin, and thus prevents the minoxidil from penetrating because of the dead skin layer on top? Just a wild theory, no idea if there's any truth to it, but something is wrong.

Gonna take a couple of days break from minoxidil again, and start applying it only once per day. Let's see if that helps, and stops this ridiculous rollercoaster that I've had with minoxidil.

The fact that it did improve just a couple of weeks ago tells me that all hope isn't gone. Just gotta find the key to applying minoxidil at the right time, and in the right amount I think.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
I seem to have found some kind of "key" to improvement, hopefully. I've starting taking a days break off the minoxidil whenever I feel my scalp is getting too dry. Then I start applying it again, 1ml every morning and 1ml every night. The density up there is decent right now, but most of the hairs are miniaturized. If I can thicken them up it'll look pretty good, maybe even as good as it was at its best. Although the thickening might be thanks to the finasteride kicking into action, I don't know.

Took a break today, starting again tomorrow. Getting hopeful again.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Things looking up again! Think it's the best it's been since last summer now (not quite there yet, but getting there hopefully). Density is pretty good now, Just need to strengthen everything up there. I just pray that this rollercoaster ride is finally coming to an end now. I'll be very disappointed if it starts going the other way again. Fingers crossed it doesn't, and just keeps improving.

Don't know if it is related, but I've started masturbating a lot less lately. Once every other day or every third day (used to do it twice, sometimes even three times a day). Don't know if that has done anything for my hair, but I generally feel a lot better now.

lazman

Reaction score
start using aloe vera gel daily, the purest u can find. once in-between applications, also use it after shampooing with keto. it will help with the irritation a lot. its cheap and feels awesome after a few days of continous use.
if your scalp is still irritated, u might wanna try minoxidil without ppg or take days off as you do it.