Rules of Lifting

The Gardener

Reaction score
dietcola said:
The Gardener said:
21. When making noises to vocalize the muscle strain, don't use the same noises that you make while having sex.

only you would know what the guys in the gym sound like during sex :lol:
Yes I do... because I hear those same guys when walking by the steam room...

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
When I work out I like to do a different muscle everyday. So Monday-Friday would look like this:

Monday: chest...Tu:tris...W:back...Th:bis...Friday:shoulders. I don't do legs as I do cardio everytime I workout. I try to keep fit and not build a lot. Anything wrong with that?

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
AssignmentZero said:
When I work out I like to do a different muscle everyday. So Monday-Friday would look like this:

Monday: chest...Tu:tris...W:back...Th:bis...Friday:shoulders. I don't do legs as I do cardio everytime I workout. I try to keep fit and not build a lot. Anything wrong with that?

nothing wrong with that, but there are improvements you can make.

cardio and weight training should ideally be done on different days, or at least at different times of the day. doing two muscle groups in one workout will free up days for just cardio (i often do abs and core on cardio days).

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
21. When making noises to vocalize the muscle strain, don't use the same noises that you make while having sex.

Totally agree. A month or so ago there was a lady at the gym that was moaning like a p**rn star every rep she'd do. Her trainer was behind her saying things like, "yeah", "push it" between moans. It was like they were filming a p**rn scene at the gym.

G

Harie said:
The Gardener said:

Totally agree. A month or so ago there was a lady at the gym that was moaning like a p**rn star every rep she'd do. Her trainer was behind her saying things like, "yeah", "push it" between moans. It was like they were filming a p**rn scene at the gym.

lol.

Rintintin

Reaction score
I usually double up when I do a workout. For example I'll do chest and tris in the same day, instead of seperate days.

Today somone told me that working out can contribute to hairloss. Does anyone know any data to back this up?

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rintintin said:
I usually double up when I do a workout. For example I'll do chest and tris in the same day, instead of seperate days.

Today somone told me that working out can contribute to hairloss. Does anyone know any data to back this up?

Lift for no more than 40 minutes 4-5x a week, get plenty of rest, and you'll be fine. Otherwise, overtrain and you'll be a cortisol-laden mess. Increased stress hormones could indeed accelerate hair loss over time.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Harie said:
The Gardener said:

And my gym has a large gay contingent... so while one guy is moaning, his partner is saying "there you go, Frank, push it.. work it... you got it, take it all, Frank... yeah..."