RU58841 vs Fluridil which is better available effictive and safe

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
fluridil is much too weak to do anything, I even tried like 3 times the dosage per day just to see if it was just a dosage issue, and no, not much effect, but also no sides effects.

Ru is far more effective, but you can get andro (dick..) sides and its untested so who knows what else you get with it

Clascoterone
fluridil is much too weak to do anything, I even tried like 3 times the dosage per day just to see if it was just a dosage issue, and no, not much effect, but also no sides effects.

Ru is far more effective, but you can get andro (dick..) sides and its untested so who knows what else you get with it

Clascoterone (CB) works like RU on hair, same mode of action, but without the side effects, and its fully tested in humans with a known safety profile, and FDA approved at 1% for 12 years older teens/adults, which means its safer than finasteride

(CB) works like RU on hair, same mode of action, but without the side effects, and its fully tested in humans with a known safety profile, and FDA approved at 1% for 12 years older teens/adults, which means its safer than finasteride
CB is very expinsive, have you tried it?

el_duterino

Reaction score
you can buy CB powder for 500 USD for 10g
I use 50mg a day so it cost 2.5 USD a day - is this the definition of very expensive ?

Even if you use double, 100mg , 5 USD a day is not much, certainly not "very expensive" unless you live in a third world country.

The studies used more, but if you also use minoxidil and Stemoxydine, you don't need as much CB, especially if you cut your hair short.

Once the acne cream is out I plan on using this instead

Last edited:

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use 50mg a day so it cost 2.5 USD a day - is this the definition of very expensive ?

Even if you use double, 100mg , 5 USD a day is not much, certainly not "very expensive" unless you live in a third world country.

The studies used more, but if you also use minoxidil and Stemoxydine, you don't need as much CB, especially if you cut your hair short.

How much was used in the studies? Also what vehicles can you use to mix cb in?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
These are all a waste of time for normal people who want to regrow hair. These guys are trying to hold onto some strands, sigh. They will also let you know which meds are coming out in 2034 and which products are in phase 3 by 2025. It goes round and round and nobody posts pics because none of them are growing hair. Nobody gets help in the research threads. None of them work even close to as well as oral minoxidil or finasteride but they can't take these because their insides turn to mush.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These are all a waste of time for normal people who want to regrow hair. These guys are trying to hold onto some strands, sigh. They will also let you know which meds are coming out in 2034 and which products are in phase 3 by 2025. It goes round and round and nobody posts pics because none of them are growing hair. Nobody gets help in the research threads. None of them work even close to as well as oral minoxidil or finasteride but they can't take these because their insides turn to mush.
what is your point, I'm not worried about my time to be wasted.

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it legal to ship it to your country?
I live in Dubai, I don't know about the chemicals regulations there.
I don’t think it’s illegal where I live(US). I ordered actually twice now that I remember from anagen inc. and nothing has happened and I have received my orders on time. Maybe ordering in small quantities like 5grams in powder or one bottle of pre mixed ru isn’t a big deal. I can’t say the same for larger quantities. Oh and sorry it takes me so long to reply. I was in the middle of moving and a bunch of other stuff so I forget to reply.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s illegal where I live(US). I ordered actually twice now that I remember from anagen inc. and nothing has happened and I have received my orders on time. Maybe ordering in small quantities like 5grams in powder or one bottle of pre mixed ru isn’t a big deal. I can’t say the same for larger quantities. Oh and sorry it takes me so long to reply. I was in the middle of moving and a bunch of other stuff so I forget to reply.
It's okay everyone is busy, I will try to order CB I think it's better to start with tested chemicals.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Well, maintainace would be something. Surely if CB could be combined with something like either topical minoxidil or topical stemox, plus nizoral shampoo and dermarolling then it might be possible to get some regrowth?

jd_uk

Reaction score

What % of dose does that give you? I seem to remember that breezula will be 7.5% whatever that means.

Also are you based in the US? I'm in the UK and wondering if I could get CB shipped here at that price. Also, when the world goes back to normal, I wonder how I could travel with this stuff/whether its possible?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, maintainace would be something. Surely if CB could be combined with something like either topical minoxidil or topical stemox, plus nizoral shampoo and dermarolling then it might be possible to get some regrowth?
I am very high on micro-needling for face and scalp and neck even if you use no carrier. Some people have limited success on things like CB or RU and a couple of others but it's not clear that it's regrowth as opposed to a lengthening of anagen. For younger guys such regrowth from topical min or these can be impressive and restore a hairline for a while. Otherwise, you are right.

I am not dissing maintenance at all. Maintenance is the crowing achievement in the history of baldness. I maintained for years and years on Min/finasteride and Duta and then it stopped working. None of these ever regrew hair for me though. I started early on Min at 26 and still use it and have barely ever missed a day; same with finasteride and no sides from these. But RU and CB are used mostly by folks with crippling sides from Min/finasteride or people just wary. Maybe if someone used loads and hundreds of dollars of them plus enza or daro or whatever these guys are using or touting, maybe some cosmetically significant regrowth is barely possible.

Even on the few HRT threads only a couple of people currently post pics, maybe two or three of us but mostly only me and I have stopped posting as much because it seems like bragging or inviting bad karma but for folks using any of these meds, use something for inflammation and titrate upwards slowly to reduce the chances of shedding but there are no guarantees and any and all of these meds might cause benevolent shedding that isn't worth it in terms of cost/benefit. Bridgeburn and I were both cueballs with his only from male pattern baldness and half of mine being from a massive shed to baldness. Neither of us stopped at any point, nor did we even titrate downward. We both increased our estrogen levels to those of cis-females but several times more, say from 800 pg/ml to for me 2,500 pg/ml the last year.

With HRT there is no looking back. Do not start HRT if you are not going to see it through. You don't have to be MtF but you cannot let your E2 levels drop below about 200 to 300 pg/ml and you need to stay there for six to 18 months, which both of us did. I have tested but his protocol was just as extreme. 2,500 pg/ml freaked my doctor out but I won't stay here forever. We both added oral min when we were already seeing excellent results. If you want long hair, this is it unless you are under 23 and caught it right away.

My shed was the best thing ever in the long-run but how many of you can cope with shaving it all to the same cueball length and staying the course without dropping out? I was bald according to the man in the street definition of bald for six to 12 months. I couldn't wear a wig until I had beard removal because that look doesn't work for many. So I do insist that people have a back-up plan cause you might go completely bald before you reach semi-complete or complete restoration.

I wanted to be a hero and find a middle way but it didn't work and it doesn't work for many MtF's.

Know why? Cause the boobs and fat *** and facial feminization all come before the really good hair, meaning they start at minuscule levels of any form or type of beta-estradiol or estrone or ingestion method. For estriol, eh.

I wish I could be more sanguine but I strongly advise all males against anything from HRT or anything like RU or flueridil or whatever cause you might shed and then struggle to recover and they don't do much alone anyway. None of them are close to min/finasteride, nor is alfatradiol. But that's a slew of great meds for you to try with the Big 3 and the peripheral ones I have mentioned.

The good part is that inflammation seems to be just as key as male pattern baldness although they are difficult to separate. So yes, use keto, selsun blue and polysorbate 80 for inflammation as step one. If you can then add topical min and if you still need more help there is finasteride and there's duta both of which maintain great. Nothing tends to regrow hair for males though.

Some use anti-androgens which might partially work but only because they raise estrogen levels. Regrowth that is significant currently is based upon three meds : A reductase inhibitor; estradiol of any form and an AA, which is rarely if ever necessary. There's little evidence that AA's do anything better than more estrogen cannot do. @bridgeburn did use AA's frequently but he was a bit early in terms of evidence and all of the advanced MtF's are basically going E2-only with possibly natural P4 or progesterone. Even a year ago, I thought duta was unnecessary conjecturally but it's vital for some and since most of us don't know how vigorous self-product of DHT from skin and adrenals is, many only have success if they use duta it appears.

My goals was to find an intermediate way to restore hair but for men, there isn't one unless cycling works but that has serious issues to. These meds jar the system and then folks whine about sheds and switch and stop and start againg and ad min and then stop min and none of this works. It's self-defeating and for not MtF's or non-binary folks or folks who will accept hair regrowth at all costs, some are successful. But even on the HRT threads very few post although many assert. Such anecdotal assertions are unscientific until they pass a certain threshold when they can be tested with blind studies. Folks on here assess their own regrowth and the start spouting.

Males have several effective meds though so it's a good time to be in a state of incipient baldness as a male. For folks who are already bald, meaning folks might point and say, he's a bald guy, sorry. You missed the train. You can get transplants if you have very high stable fringe but that's it. Game over and most of the guys on here are at the game over stage and this is a hobby to them and a way to meet nice folks but nobody is restoring anything close to a pubertal hairline except for the very young who start immediately or even before balding and people using estrogen and along with other MtF HRT meds and even there it is hit or miss because nobody bothers to check the reddit MtF boards. They sit around conjecturing and since baldness in humans makes no sense to begin with since T promotes growth in most mammals, none of the conjecturing works. They all end up in sisyphean fashion
(denoting or relating to a task that can never be completed) spinning their wheels.

There's nothing out there in the pipeline either. You guys are males. Here's what often works: Keto; a blue dandruff shampoo, min/oral min; finasteride/Duta and micro-needling. For the obsessive, yes Retin-A but probably not Latisse which is Goddess-awfully expensive. That's it. The shampoos are unlikely to do a lot for most people but they do help with inflammation, Keto has mild estrogenic effects though.

Last edited:

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you try it personally?

Yeah for about 5 months. Made a thread about it, check my profile. Long story short - didn’t notice anything positive or negative. I could’ve tried it for longer, but I really didn’t have high hopes to begin with and covid made shipping from Germany prohibitively expensive at the time.

Also did a lot of research digging up old forum posts from the early 00s of people who tried it. Pretty much everybody came to the same conclusion as me, hence why Fluridil fell off the radar for about 15 years until very recently when people started asking questions about it.

That combined with the fact that the studies are really bad - low number of participants, inconclusive results, and not peer reviewed. All arrows point towards fluridil being a waste of time.

Last edited: