Ru58841 Dosing Frequency 1 to 2 daily

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any benefit to dosing RU twice a day, as oposed to once a day? Given that the half-life of RU itself isn't the primary factor, and that it's metabolites have a much longer half life?

Last edited:

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score
bump - I am still hella curious if anyone has any experince with this, theres little to no information on topically applying RU twice vs once, and given that we only have anacetodal sources it would be great to read anyone's input :(

el_duterino

Reaction score
RU half life is about 1 hour which is enough to cause side effects, especially sexual side effects on the day of the application. I used it for 9 years daily so I learnt a few things on the way..I suggest you look into Clascoterone, this what I have been using for the last 4 years and it works as good as RU without the sexual side effects and who knows what else since it has never been tested in humans.The only drawback is that this drug is more expensive than RU.

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score
RU half life is about 1 hour which is enough to cause side effects, especially sexual side effects on the day of the application. I used it for 9 years daily so I learnt a few things on the way..I suggest you look into Clascoterone, this what I have been using for the last 4 years and it works as good as RU without the sexual side effects and who knows what else since it has never been tested in humans.The only drawback is that this drug is more expensive than RU.
you using CB twice or once a day?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe its half life in the tissue is about 5 hours, meaning you will get more of a benefit twice a day.

el_duterino

Reaction score
I believe its half life in the tissue is about 5 hours, meaning you will get more of a benefit twice a day.
do you have a link to the study, never saw that claim.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you have a link to the study, never saw that claim.
There is no actual research on its half life in the skin, it is only pure speculation based on similar compounds. IdealForehead and Experimentality seem to agree on it. I'm pretty sure Bryan also estimated this figure. Even if it is a little longer or a little shorter it is still probably more efficacious twice a day rather than once.

Haven't seen you around in a while. What is your current regimen and how is your hair holding up?

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score

I have access to alot of medical services so I am not really concerned about RU's risk profile since I am monitoring everything closely, since I am on dutasteride I assumed using RU twice a day would be effective in counteracting any scalp T dutasteride would be causing

@Norwoody I remeber people saying the metabolites of RU had a half life of 20 hours or something, and that RU's half life was short but it broke down into longer things? Really wish we had more data on RU effiecacy based on dosages etc.

el_duterino

Reaction score
There is no actual research on its half life in the skin, it is only pure speculation based on similar compounds. IdealForehead and Experimentality seem to agree on it. I'm pretty sure Bryan also estimated this figure. Even if it is a little longer or a little shorter it is still probably more efficacious twice a day rather than once.

Haven't seen you around in a while. What is your current regimen and how is your hair holding up?
My hair is holding fine - haven't lost on my current regimen, also no side effects ! I'd say after 4 years on Clasco, Ru is dead ...no use discussing this drug anymore IMO.
RU has no future, no pharma firm is working on it and it does go systemic and has side effects. Not because of the metabolites, but because its serum half life of 1 hour is long enough to circulate in blood and bind to other AR.
It was a decent solution back in the days though, but there is no need to use it today and suffer the side effects, and potential other health risks which we will never know

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Norwoody I remeber people saying the metabolites of RU had a half life of 20 hours or something, and that RU's half life was short but it broke down into longer things? Really wish we had more data on RU effiecacy based on dosages etc.
Yeah I remember reading this somewhere, but from my understanding the key is that the metabolites are largely inactive.

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
CB 03-01 is better so ?

pussymagnet23

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair is holding fine - haven't lost on my current regimen, also no side effects ! I'd say after 4 years on Clasco, Ru is dead ...no use discussing this drug anymore IMO.
RU has no future, no pharma firm is working on it and it does go systemic and has side effects. Not because of the metabolites, but because its serum half life of 1 hour is long enough to circulate in blood and bind to other AR.
It was a decent solution back in the days though, but there is no need to use it today and suffer the side effects, and potential other health risks which we will never know
CB is way too expensive.

Stereo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you get Clasco? is it in powder form? whats the solution?