RU58841 *can* go systemic and the side effects are very real. I was a doubter.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure what the huge revelation is.

Everything that you put on your head (and most other parts of your body) will go systemic to some degree. RU has a 2 hour half-life, but this is enough to traverse your entire body dozens of times over and bind wherever it is going to bind.

There is no free lunch with topicals, especially not with the standard Ethanol-PG vehicle which is asking for systemic side effects.

This is why - back in the time when anyone still gave a sh*t about RU - they developed RU-myristate, a prodrug, that could then be loaded into solid lipid nanoparticles and vastly improve the delivery to the hair follicle while minimizing systemic impact.

Not something the average person can cook up at home, so I wouldn't even bother with RU.

linoob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure what the huge revelation is.

Everything that you put on your head (and most other parts of your body) will go systemic to some degree. RU has a 2 hour half-life, but this is enough to traverse your entire body dozens of times over and bind wherever it is going to bind.

There is no free lunch with topicals, especially not with the standard Ethanol-PG vehicle which is asking for systemic side effects.

This is why - back in the time when anyone still gave a sh*t about RU - they developed RU-myristate, a prodrug, that could then be loaded into solid lipid nanoparticles and vastly improve the delivery to the hair follicle while minimizing systemic impact.

Not something the average person can cook up at home, so I wouldn't even bother with RU.

We already know anything topical will eventually go systemic to some degree. The revelation is simply the fact that RU58841 may very likely negatively impact heart function,

Posting my individual experience in hopes that it helps the next person considering the same treatment. The more people that come forward with experiences such as mine, the less likely they will be willing to risk it themselves.

The echo I had just recently post RU58841 treatment showed that there was reduced Left Ventricular function in my heart for my age and fitness - This is something a cardiologist and I are now monitoring closely as it will require more investigation if it does not resolve.

Coincidentally I had an echo performed about 12 months ago as a precaution to rule out any cardiac issues in me or my family. The result was clear, no remarks whatsoever on the report, a completely healthy heart along with LVF.

This means that in a span of 12 months, between both echo scans, and post RU58841 treatment, I've incurred the above change in condition to my heart function.

I'll be happy to post both echo reports when I get a copy of them.

People can do with this information what they like - proceed with RU58841 with caution.

royce gracie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently experimented with RU myself. No sides at first but gradually a weird pain or tightness started to develop. It wasn't heart palpitations or lung problems, I've had those before. It was more like muscle pain in my pectorals that moved towards the sternum. These have faded away almost entirely with discontinuation. I have no idea what could cause this, other NSAA's don't cause heart problems. Unfortunately despite some people's success with this one, I'd have to caution against it. Until those clinical trials get released we have no idea if these chest issues are nocebo or legitimate and potentially dangerous side effect. Risks aren't worth it. I won't be experimenting with research chemicals in the future.

linoob

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another recent update regarding my situation.

I have tried posting my experience to Reddit.com/r/tressless however the mods keep on deleting my thread. I feel this is morally reprehensible and a severe lack of conscience on their part.

As mentioned previously in the thread, at around 2-3 weeks post-cessation of RU58841 I felt somewhat better. At one point for a period of a week or two, I would've even said I felt 95% - 100% better.

At about 5 weeks post-cessation I found the shortness of breath and erratic/fast heartbeats returning. This seems to come and go in waves but is considerably worse when standing up / moving around. Physical activity at this point in time is impossible.

My cardiologist said in my last visit that we would be doing a follow-up echo on November 10th to rule out anything sinister. That said, he mentioned if the subsequent echo is the same as my recent one, we will need to investigate further.

At this point, I am incredibly scared and desperately searching for answers/reassurance, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot. I have found maybe a small handful of users on forums and Reddit who seemed to report similar side effects - most of them corrected 100% within 2 weeks to 3 months.

I will do my part and keep the community here updated, as I feel it's a moral obligation for the safety and wellbeing of all current and potential future users of RU58841. All I can ask is that you all pray for me hope I transition to recovery.

If you are reading this, please know that while some of the users reporting scary sides like chest pain and breathlessness may be simply experiencing anxiety, I have tangible evidence that there has in fact been some reduced function in my heart that requires further investigation.

Please consider all of this before trying RU58841 - I implore you.

Last edited:

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I have tried posting my experience to Reddit.com/r/tressless however the mods keep on deleting my thread. I feel this is morally reprehensible and a severe lack of conscience on their part.

As mentioned previously in the thread, at around 2-3 weeks post-cessation of RU58841 I felt somewhat better. At one point for a period of a week or two, I would've even said I felt 95% - 100% better.

At about 5 weeks post-cessation I found the shortness of breath and erratic/fast heartbeats returning. This seems to come and go in waves but is considerably worse when standing up / moving around. Physical activity at this point in time is impossible.

My cardiologist said in my last visit that we would be doing a follow-up echo on November 10th to rule out anything sinister. That said, he mentioned if the subsequent echo is the same as my recent one, we will need to investigate further.

At this point, I am incredibly scared and desperately searching for answers/reassurance, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot. I have found maybe a small handful of users on forums and Reddit who seemed to report similar side effects - most of them corrected 100% within 2 weeks to 3 months.

I will do my part and keep the community here updated, as I feel it's a moral obligation for the safety and wellbeing of all current and potential future users of RU58841. All I can ask is that you all pray for me hope I transition to recovery.

If you are reading this, please know that while some of the users reporting scary sides like chest pain and breathlessness may be simply experiencing anxiety, I have tangible evidence that there has in fact been some reduced function in my heart that requires further investigation.

f***

Zlatan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently experimented with RU myself. No sides at first but gradually a weird pain or tightness started to develop. It wasn't heart palpitations or lung problems, I've had those before. It was more like muscle pain in my pectorals that moved towards the sternum. These have faded away almost entirely with discontinuation. I have no idea what could cause this, other NSAA's don't cause heart problems. Unfortunately despite some people's success with this one, I'd have to caution against it. Until those clinical trials get released we have no idea if these chest issues are nocebo or legitimate and potentially dangerous side effect. Risks aren't worth it. I won't be experimenting with research chemicals in the future.
How many mg did you use to apply per day?

Zlatan

My Regimen
Reaction score

Wish you the best, mate. Please keep us updated.

The Owl

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you mate. I am honestly praying to God for my recovery.

50mg ED.

I'm a slender guy. 6'0, 70kg.

No TRT.

No prexisting heart issues.
It’s honestly unfortunate that you had to go through all of that and I wish you the best. I’ve been taking RU for about 7 months now and never had any of those issues. Seems like the drug is very hit or miss.

linoob

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s honestly unfortunate that you had to go through all of that and I wish you the best. I’ve been taking RU for about 7 months now and never had any of those issues. Seems like the drug is very hit or miss.

Thank you mate.

It seems like I am on the mend right now.

I will post a big update with reports and evidence when the time is right.

Bobbyhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Used RU for 6 months approx and I didn’t have any side effect, stopped it because it didn’t improve anything though. If there is a risk to it, it’s not worth to try it, since it doesn’t work in my opinion and experience

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Used RU for 6 months approx and I didn’t have any side effect, stopped it because it didn’t improve anything though. If there is a risk to it, it’s not worth to try it, since it doesn’t work in my opinion and experience
You either got fake product or used too little. This stuff works, period.

Bobbyhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered it from anageninc, and mixed 4500mg of RU, with 90ml of Loreal Serioxyl (stemoxydine), I applied it once a day, about 2ml. maybe the RU got neutralised by something in the Serioxyl...

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered it from anageninc, and mixed 4500mg of RU, with 90ml of Loreal Serioxyl (stemoxydine), I applied it once a day, about 2ml. maybe the RU got neutralised by something in the Serioxyl...
Probably too much stuff in the solution for RU to be soluble.

lukedorian

Reaction score
Before I even begin, I already know most of you are already going to write this thread off.

I was the exact same. Every time I came across something like this, I just thought the following:

- It's all in their head

- It's a placebo

- It must be their anxiety

- They're exaggerating

- They must be one in a million (Maybe this is true?)

If I was on the other side of the screen reading this, I would likely dismiss this thread in a heartbeat.

I'm 6'0 / 75KG / 30 years old. About a month ago I started dosing 50mg ED of RU58841 and like most of you who've experienced sides, I had very high hopes. I also wore gloves and was VERY careful.

Prior to usage, I skimmed through a few negative stories here and there, but after a couple of weeks of usage I honestly forgot about it all entirely and just went on with my life.

Where it started:

A month or so into usage, I noticed that occasionally at night or when sitting down I would feel my heart do intermittent flutters. The kind of feeling you get when it skips a bit - not pleasant at all.

The next day, I started having intermittent periods throughout the day where I would experience shortness of breath like I couldn't get enough oxygen when I breathed in.

I know what you're thinking, sounds exactly like anxiety, right? I would think the exact same thing having being told this.

The truth is, it's very similar to anxiety (the shortness of breath, that is), however, there is no anxiety present whatsoever, it's like a legitimate "Damn, I'm really not getting enough air?" type of feeling.

The other more worrisome symptoms also started that very next day, where I would have a dullish chest pain right over my heart/sternum/stomach area. This would come and go and while not overly painful, was nothing like I have ever had and felt very ominous.

Obviously, I immediately stopped all usage of the drug, however, I am still currently experiencing an uncomfortable chronic tightness of my chest/sternum area / dull ache over my sternum area / intermittent shortness of breath / sometimes backaches.

I've also noticed visible enlarged / puffy nipples (aka Gyno) which is something that simply cannot be manifested or fabricated such as the other symptoms above. If you want pictures, I will happily DM you.

I went to the hospital today out of concern, they ran basic ECG's. I also had a blood test to measure my Troponin levels as this can indicate if there has been any significant heart-related stress - also negative.

You would think this would put me at ease, but I am still relatively concerned as it's now been ~4 days without using the drug and I am still experiencing a myriad of very worrisome symptoms.

The reason I made this thread is to let you know, I'm just a normal guy like you. I'm not some academic researcher, but I did do my fair share of reading prior to treatment.

I am sure the majority of people who try RU58841 turn out just fine, but for the percentage that it goes systemic and produces negative side effects - I hear you, I believe you, it's okay.

Can anyone else who has had similar side effects to mine chime in?

I think at this point I'm just looking for some reassurance that these symptoms will eventually go away as they are nothing like I have ever experienced.
I also get sides at a very low dose even on TRT and another PED´s, damn shame since i am noticing my hair getting thicker.
At only 15 mg per day i notice
Crazy insomnia (can´t sleep more than 2 hours straight, after that i´m almost unable to get back to sleep)
Fatigue and less pumps at the gym, very noticeable despite being on TRT and ocasionally other PED´s
I also feel kinda gyno related syntoms as well and kinda fat deposits around my waist
I have been on it for 2 and a half months, even lowering the dose and i still feel these symptoms
The irregular heart beat is mostly ventircular Extrasystoles which are benign but it is a sign it is going systemic

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ru is garbage anyway. It killed my friends hairline and gave me 2 thin spots on my scalp after 2 months, same thing happened to another guy on this forum and hair never recovered. It didnt even reduce my shedding. I did try high dosages and it gave me chest pressure and a pressure above my adams apple. Abit shortness of breath but this only lasted 5 min or so. And the annoyence of having to apply it twice daily and it leaves a White residue on hair and scalp after it dries. But after all this i tried it for a last time and i felt like i was about to die after my first application like my body was shutting down very scary it lasted for 10 min or so after that i threw the bag of RU in the trash. People who talk and use it are simply just promoting it to get your money. Btw my ru was from anagen inc.

Last edited: