Ru58841 - Best Treatment Option For Me

Fit4Life

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been battling a thinning frontal hairline since I turned 20 (I'm currently 46). I've always enjoyed working out and being fit, and the thought of having an extremely receded hairline has always bothered me. So, thru the years I've tried just about every hair loss option available (Minoxidil 2% and Foam 5%, Propecia, Ketoconazole shampoo, Saw Palmetto supplements/shampoos, and just about every shampoo and serum sold). I've responded great to most of the treatments I've tried, but have ended up dropping treatment after a few weeks or months due to side effects (brain fog, very low libido, headaches, etc...). Propecia I used for about 2 years though, but just couldn't find a solution for the brain fog.
I decided a month ago to try ru58841 due to the fact that studies have indicated it doesn't impact your hormonal levels, and for the most part should block only the local androgen receptors at the scalp/hair follicle level. The first 2 weeks using it, I did not some minor systemic issues (low energy, lower libido), but by far nothing like I have experienced with using other treatment options. By the 3rd week, I had already noticed my hair shedding had stopped, my hair quality was looking slightly better, and most suprising.. I was seeing vellus hairs along my hairline. I've also noticed my energy picking up, and libido getting slightly better as well. Going into the 4th week, I continue to see the vellus hairs growing and becoming thicker. This is crazy!! I've never seen such quick results with anything I've used in the past, including rogaine 5%.
I realize that ru58841 will likely never be pursued by a pharmaceutical company, and have additional phase 2 clinical trials completed with corresponding safety information. However, seeing all the positive feedback over the last 10 years on this forum and others was more than enough to convince me to try this as a viable treatment option (with limited reports of serious side effects). I don't believe that ru58841 causes any heart damage or blindless (as 1 or 2 posts have eluded to online), or as far as I have researched any real serious side effects. I just wanted to post this information for others out there like me that have tried everything and are fed up with the same limited options available today. I wish everyone success with their treatment options, and thank you for all the great information that has been contributed regarding this topic over the years.

julien1200

Established Member
Reaction score
This kind of post seem to repel me from RU !
The guy has no history, no picture, no nothing and say that RU is gold.

I am on dutasteride for 10 years and I can say it saved my hair... I tried RU, nothing bad but no improvement. Maybe this guy is true and there is indeed some science back up behind RU (this is why I tried it in the first place) but this post is very suspicious

Fit4Life

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will post a few pictures of my front hairline showing some of the new hair growth. I'm not sure what you are suspicious about unless you mean doubtful that it's producing results for people. As I'm sure you are well aware of this, some people are more sensitive to the side effects with different treatment options. Unfortunately, I'm one of those people. I simply felt bad reading all the great information over the years and never contributing any feedback. That's simply the reason I posted my comments. My intent was not to say ru58841 is the best option for other people, but rather that it is a viable option for people that have side effects they can't tolerate with other standard treatments that work well otherwise. I think Propecia and other 5 alpha reductase inhibitor options work great, but for me I was a walking zombie. :(. I don't get any brain fog related effects with ru, so for me this works.

Fit4Life

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for slight delay, here are front hairline and left/right temples. My hairline is starting to slowly thicken up as the minitiarized and very thin hairs are thickening little by little.

Reactions: Oro

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, Fit4Life

Thank you for sharing your story and experience. Unfortunately, I can't see any pictures in your last post, could you re-upload them?

Also, it would be super useful if you share some additional information:
1) Do you use any other treatments?
2) How many times do you apply RU and what is your dosage?

Fit4Life

My Regimen
Reaction score
20180103_140156.jpg
20180103_140149.jpg
20180103_140145.jpg

Fit4Life

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm currently not using any other hair loss treatments. Using regular shampoo at this point (American Crew) and applying ru58841 5 percent once a day after I wash my hair (1 - 1.5 ml dropper full mostly to front third of my scalp).

Fit4Life

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, thank you for the compliments on the hair.

I just want to reiterate that I'm not advocating that ru58841 is the best hair loss option. I've used Propecia and Minoxidil and know they work great. I'm seeing some benefits on this new treatment and very mild side effects so I'm going to stick with it and post an update in a month. Hopefully things continue to go well.

Take care.

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, thank you for the compliments on the hair.

I just want to reiterate that I'm not advocating that ru58841 is the best hair loss option. I've used Propecia and Minoxidil and know they work great. I'm seeing some benefits on this new treatment and very mild side effects so I'm going to stick with it and post an update in a month. Hopefully things continue to go well.

Take care.
pictures of before treatment ? you don't seem to suffer frim male pattern baldness

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
This kind of post seem to repel me from RU !
The guy has no history, no picture, no nothing and say that RU is gold.

I am on dutasteride for 10 years and I can say it saved my hair... I tried RU, nothing bad but no improvement. Maybe this guy is true and there is indeed some science back up behind RU (this is why I tried it in the first place) but this post is very suspicious

Lol it does almost read like an advertisement from kaneshop/anageninc

Would be nice if we had some RU only stories from established members. Unfortunately most of the success stories we see involving RU involve it being used alongside established treatments, so with that along with the limited clinical data, it's difficult to get a sense of what to think of the stuff. I have had interest for a while now in possibly adding a topical AA to my regimen, but I can't get off the fence about this stuff

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 10 days in on RU. Shedding a bit now. No other treatments. Have been on oral minoxidil (.25mg) for a year.

Diffuse thinning, getting worse.