Ru58841 - Best Treatment Option For Me

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I’m 10 days in on RU. Shedding a bit now. No other treatments. Have been on oral minoxidil (.25mg) for a year.

Diffuse thinning, getting worse.
Post some photos of you getting worse. I just think you have a case of paranoia and BDD. You have great hair. Sometimes you need validation. I needed it and got it and now I am much better mentally.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will post a few pictures of my front hairline showing some of the new hair growth. I'm not sure what you are suspicious about unless you mean doubtful that it's producing results for people. As I'm sure you are well aware of this, some people are more sensitive to the side effects with different treatment options. Unfortunately, I'm one of those people. I simply felt bad reading all the great information over the years and never contributing any feedback. That's simply the reason I posted my comments. My intent was not to say ru58841 is the best option for other people, but rather that it is a viable option for people that have side effects they can't tolerate with other standard treatments that work well otherwise. I think Propecia and other 5 alpha reductase inhibitor options work great, but for me I was a walking zombie. :(. I don't get any brain fog related effects with ru, so for me this works.

Could you post some before pictures (do you have any)?

Your current hair state is good.

Did it regrow your temple hair?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Might be a part of this but the diffuse thinning is noticeable. Both in the sheer amount of hair I lose after one shower (photo) and the start of noticeable scalp holes.

I have been on thyroid meds for a month. The doctor told me not to start Propecia. I told him about the RU and he seemed to think it wasn’t strong enough to harm me systematically. 10 days in on RU 8 months oral minoxidil.

It’s just heartbreaking. I’m willing make a run to save it and grateful I’m still in decent shape for my age.

Attachments

• AC11BE4B-151F-493B-84B0-353F46DBA891.jpeg
    AC11BE4B-151F-493B-84B0-353F46DBA891.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 1,416
  • 7862C748-5409-4859-8E1B-CA5955984966.jpeg
    7862C748-5409-4859-8E1B-CA5955984966.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 1,381
  • 12024874-B8AC-4947-AAC8-9D0862DB138A.jpeg
    12024874-B8AC-4947-AAC8-9D0862DB138A.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 1,271

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 10 days in on RU. Shedding a bit now. No other treatments. Have been on oral minoxidil (.25mg) for a year.

We will use you as an experiment then

Thanks. Might be a part of this but the diffuse thinning is noticeable. Both in the sheer amount of hair I lose after one shower (photo) and the start of noticeable scalp holes.

I have been on thyroid meds for a month. The doctor told me not to start Propecia. I told him about the RU and he seemed to think it wasn’t strong enough to harm me systematically. 10 days in on RU 8 months oral minoxidil.

It’s just heartbreaking. I’m willing make a run to save it and grateful I’m still in decent shape for my age.

Your doctor suggested you should get on an experimental drug while declining to prescribe you an fda approved treatment? Wtf. Dude is playing with fire as far as his medical license is concerned

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it was more a stay away from propecia after looking at my labs. He would not condone the RU use but thought in theory it would not go systematic.

My mix is about .25 mg per day in 2.6 ml vehicle.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

I just see your hair is growing in finer than before. That is partly due to age. My endo never discouraged me from taking Propecia. Neither did my primary care doctor. He feels 1mg is not enough to wreck havoc on my health and since he tested my genetics, he said I have enough reason to be on the drug. If I never had the gene, I would have stopped taking Propecia a long time ago. Too bad the company HairDx went out of business. You guys that are starting out on the drug should get tested before you even take it. Why take something you don't need. That is why I made sure I took the test. I carry the gene but it never expressed itself the way it did for my dad. He was balding in his late teens. My mom's gene won out in my case.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just see your hair is growing in finer than before. That is partly due to age. My endo never discouraged me from taking Propecia. Neither did my primary care doctor. He feels 1mg is not enough to wreck havoc on my health and since he tested my genetics, he said I have enough reason to be on the drug. If I never had the gene, I would have stopped taking Propecia a long time ago. Too bad the company HairDx went out of business. You guys that are starting out on the drug should get tested before you even take it. Why take something you don't need. That is why I made sure I took the test. I carry the gene but it never expressed itself the way it did for my dad. He was balding in his late teens. My mom's gene won out in my case.

It was my urologist that discouraged Propecia mostly as he thought it was a bad idea if I was having children in the next year or so. I’m surprised no one else is doing the genetic testing. That seems like an incredibly useful starting point for treatment. All I know is I’ve been shedding a ton for almost two years after zero shedding and density is a fraction of what it was on the top and the sides are also really really thin.

Any info on the details of the test? I wonder if a different firm might be able to test for the gene? What is the gene called?

I’m trying to buy sometime and maybe give propecia a shot down the line

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
It was my urologist that discouraged Propecia mostly as he thought it was a bad idea if I was having children in the next year or so. I’m surprised no one else is doing the genetic testing. That seems like an incredibly useful starting point for treatment. All I know is I’ve been shedding a ton for almost two years after zero shedding and density is a fraction of what it was on the top and the sides are also really really thin.

Any info on the details of the test? I wonder if a different firm might be able to test for the gene? What is the gene called?

I’m trying to buy sometime and maybe give propecia a shot down the line
There was a poster on here who said they are doing the genetic testing for it. I don't remember their screen name. Here is some info about it I posted before. You must have never watched it.

Kruno

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey man I also want to add oral minoxidil to my routine but I am scared that I will become your avatar,because I already have too much body hair.Did you get any body hair from it?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man I also want to add oral minoxidil to my routine but I am scared that I will become your avatar,because I already have too much body hair.Did you get any body hair from it?
No issues at all with body hair. It is a low dose and I can’t say it is working or not. The avatar was optimistic ha after a project in the mountains of Uganda. I and moving to 2.5 mg at the 1 year mark (May 4)

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
No issues at all with body hair. It is a low dose and I can’t say it is working or not. The avatar was optimistic ha after a project in the mountains of Uganda. I and moving to 2.5 mg at the 1 year mark (May 4)
.25mg Is way too low man. Minimum 1mg. When you start 2.5mg you will definitely see regrowth... everywhere.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@DoctorHouse what do you think about this genetic test?

https://www.themakingsofme.com

They have a Hairloss option. Is it just a if you have the gene you can take meds or are there grey areas/percentages.
So they test your genes and medicate you based on your genetic predispositions to hairloss? How does that work when we already kind of know if you have genetic alopecia just by looking at your family? Sorry I’m just confused

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
At any rate I’m starting to fully appreciate the hopeless nature of this fight. Everything I try seems to just make the situation worse. While Finasteride might help I can only assume I’ll react as I have to everything else only with awful side effects. I’ll most likely regret not starting 2 years ago. Before then there was zero shedding and hair so dense I could barely comb it. It’s been a real nightmare and while I know I still have hair it’s a steep decline. My life is covered in shed hair.