RU 250mg per day is actually working

Valkyyr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree that combining topical and oral 5ARI is a waste of money because I didn't know how well antiandrogens/RU will work at the time. I was on oral and topical 5ARI before I started this thread but I have since cut it out of my regimin. Rn I'm taking 1.25mg of Proscar ED and waiting for my ORM-15341 to arrive in the mail. I can take finasteride everyday because I experience no side effects from it.

Do you test for estradiol levels? Also don't take vendor's word for gospel, these raw powders manufactured in china are far from pure, even if producers have good intentions. Not every batch will exert the same power, and your 250mg per day might aswell be just 125mg in reality.

Are you using a pipette or an atomizer for ru?

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you test for estradiol levels? Also don't take vendor's word for gospel, these raw powders manufactured in china are far from pure, even if producers have good intentions. Not every batch will exert the same power, and your 250mg per day might aswell be just 125mg in reality.

Are you using a pipette or an atomizer for ru?
I don't test for estradiol levels but I know that they are elevated when I start holding onto more water. I use the medicine dropper that comes with the Kirkland minoxidil (I'm not on minoxidil. I just use the container). I get my RU from Kane and so far it's been legit. With the ORM-15341, I'm going to start with 0.5mg every 3 days to see how I respond and bump it up from there if needed. Even if the purirty of the ORM isn't 98%+, it's still pure enough for what I'm using it for.

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have found RU more effective than 5ARIs?
I'm not sure how effective the finasteride I'm taking is because I began taking it when I was 22. This was way before I had a hair catcher and the only way to test how well it works now is to get off it for a month and see if I lose more hair but I'm not going to potentially lose ground just to find out. finasteride is cheap enough that I can have it in my regimen without worrying if it's doing anything or not but I'm sure it helps a lot. That said, AA's in general are more effective than finasteride because they block both DHT and test. There's also many different forms of AA's and you can vary the dose to your needs. With finasteride, increasing the dose is a waste of money because you need 100mg a day to see any improvement that's better than 1mg per day. AA > finasteride. I know duta is way more effective than finasteride but I can't take it due to sides so I can't compare it's effectiveness to AA

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I just started RU a month ago. I dropped finasteride this summer because of hyperandrogenicity. I was on it for 20 months. So I went on oral minoxidil and I've maintained as well as had a little regrowth, so hoping RU is enough to restore my hairline completely. I am also doing bi-estro.

What do you think of topical dutasteride? In theory, could it do more harm than good at the hairline? Because it does increase T a bit. I would assume an AA would counteract it.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I just started RU a month ago. I dropped finasteride this summer because of hyperandrogenicity. I was on it for 20 months. So I went on oral minoxidil and I've maintained as well as had a little regrowth, so hoping RU is enough to restore my hairline completely. I am also doing bi-estro.

What do you think of topical dutasteride? In theory, could it do more harm than good at the hairline? Because it does increase T a bit. I would assume an AA would counteract it.
Think I saw you in that thread, any luck on recovering from hyper? I think I have it now but I'm in a bit more of a tough spot. I was on finasteride for 6~ years (successfully) prior to stopping/restarting and getting what seems to be hyper. If I quit now I'm worried the catch up loss will be even worse, so I've been trying to lower the dosage and ride it out but the scalp itch/oil is brutal.

I ordered some RU as well but I'm super hesitant to start even at a low dose, mainly because bad hearts run in my family (mine is fine right now).

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I'm still having a lot of excessive sebum production and earwax. It honestly makes me want to consider oral dutasteride. I'm just hoping these things go away in the next few months. I've been off finasteride for almost 6 months now.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I'm still having a lot of excessive sebum production and earwax. It honestly makes me want to consider oral dutasteride. I'm just hoping these things go away in the next few months. I've been off finasteride for almost 6 months now.
I'm not sure if oral dutasteride would help or make it worse. The excess T might put those things into overdrive if you were more sensitive.

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure if oral dutasteride would help or make it worse. The excess T might put those things into overdrive if you were more sensitive.
I can see how someone who is gyno prone losing more hair on oral duta if they over do it with AI's

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

It seems like it could so that's why I'm trying RU and bi-estro first. On the other hand, dutasteride also blocks the type I enzyme which is associated with sebum production and some users have reported results. Finasteride only blocks the type II enzyme.

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The ORM-15341 came in today. I'm going to start out using only 0.5mg every 3 days to see how my body reacts to it.

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw ever since I stopped 500mg RU a week ago, my hair loss count in the shower has gone down all the way to 20. Ever since I had a hair catcher, I only lost 20 hairs in a shower a few times and this was back when my hair was short. My hair is long now and I've lost 20 hairs in the last 2 showers taking em every other day. This can't be a coincidence and it goes to show you just how powerful RU can be.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This feels like way too much. I'm using RU at 50mg, x2 a day, and i'm worried that's too much. Be careful, my dude!

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This feels like way too much. I'm using RU at 50mg, x2 a day, and i'm worried that's too much. Be careful, my dude!
When I first started RU, I was using 50mg ED and I was questioning whether it was even working or not. Using 2x a day didn't give me any significant results. I need to use 250mg of RU ED to actually see results from it.

With the ORM, even using 0.5mg is too much because this stuff is POTENT. My gyno flared up with only 0.5mg and I don't know if it's due to the ORM having a longer half life, stronger potency, or both compared to RU. In terms of gyno, ORM is 1000x more potent than RU. The level that my gyno flared up on 0.5mg was very similar to when I took 500mg of RU for a few days. I'm going to decrease the dose of ORM to only 0.1mg and see how my gyno reacts and how well it stops my hair loss.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I first started RU, I was using 50mg ED and I was questioning whether it was even working or not. Using 2x a day didn't give me any significant results. I need to use 250mg of RU ED to actually see results from it.

With the ORM, even using 0.5mg is too much because this stuff is POTENT. My gyno flared up with only 0.5mg and I don't know if it's due to the ORM having a longer half life, stronger potency, or both compared to RU. In terms of gyno, ORM is 1000x more potent than RU. The level that my gyno flared up on 0.5mg was very similar to when I took 500mg of RU for a few days. I'm going to decrease the dose of ORM to only 0.1mg and see how my gyno reacts and how well it stops my hair loss.
What are your sides like? If you don't mind me asking? Are you worried about the long-term sides?

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are your sides like? If you don't mind me asking? Are you worried about the long-term sides?
Sides of ORM? Just gyno flare up and other symptoms of having an estrogen dominant hormone profile such as bloating. I'm not worried about the sides from ORM, I'm worried about the sides from taking the AI because it's not healthy. I want to decrease the dose of ORM to the point where I have to take little AI to combat gyno and see the results I get.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also was not able to convince sigmaaldrich.com to sell me the 1 gram of ORM-15341 for $350 but DCchemicals was nice enough to match the price this one time :) Going to try ORM-15341 when it arrives because it is very powerful and has a 10 hour half life vs darolutamide which has a 20 hour half life. I have high expectations for ORM-15341. This stuff is worth more than gold (literally). 1 gram of gold = $45). Fingers crossed.

How the hell did you convince a legit lab to sell you a research chemical?

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How the hell did you convince a legit lab to sell you a research chemical?
Haha well I didn't know DCchems was a legit lab at first. All I knew was that they were a vendor on chemicalbook and I had to go with them since they were willing to price match sigmas price. They asked what I needed the chemical for and I just made up some sciencey stuff using studies online. I realized DC was a legit lab when the package arrived in an actual box with a pamphlet breaking down everything there is to know about ORM. Opening up the box felt like I was unboxing a new pair of Beats headphones rather than some chemical I got online.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha well I didn't know DCchems was a legit lab at first. All I knew was that they were a vendor on chemicalbook and I had to go with them since they were willing to price match sigmas price. They asked what I needed the chemical for and I just made up some sciencey stuff using studies online. I realized DC was a legit lab when the package arrived in an actual box with a pamphlet breaking down everything there is to know about ORM. Opening up the box felt like I was unboxing a new pair of Beats headphones rather than some chemical I got online.
Fair play but that is f*****g mental haha

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: I went to get a haircut today after growing my hair out for a year. My hair is short now and after taking a shower, I only lost 15 hairs (half of which was probably cut hair), which is a significant decrease. I'm not sure how accurate the hair catcher is anymore for determining my hair hair loss because of my short hair. If I lose 30 hairs in the shower with short hair, that's when I know I have a problem but I'm not sure what my goal should be in terms of how effective a treatment is. My goal with long hair was to reduce my hair catcher count to 20-25 hairs. Now, I'm not sure what it is. Sub 10?