RSR39 Success story at 13 months (26 month pics pg 6)

JWM

Reaction score
RSR38 said:
JWM said:
RSR39,

What brand of finasteride and minoxidil are you using? Are you still only applying minoxidil once a night?

Fincar brand and liquid Equate minoxidil from Walmart. Yes, I usually apply about 3-4ml once at night.

Thanks. Are you quartering the Fincar and taking 1.25 mg a day?

PlausibleBoss

Reaction score
Re: RSR39 Success story at 13 months treatments

RSR38 said:
irishpride86 said:
wait, wait, im lost...

your treatments are now rogaine foam ,nizoral,finasteride, since 2010,

on HLH you stated to me that you use kirkland liquid,finasteride,nizoral cream, and vag cream,

explain this rogaine foam use, or did you try it at first then dropped it ? If so ho wlong where you on it before you switched to liquid ?

thanks man

I have NO IDEA what the hell you are talking about, Irish. I have been on finasteride, Min and nizoral since April 2010 (that's why this is a 13 month update, bro...)

I have NEVER used Kirkland Liquid minoxidil. Long ago I used the foam, but over 8 months ago, I switched and started just using Liquid Equate minoxidil from Walmart. As for the Miconazole and Nizoral creams, yes, I use them sporadically now, but mainly during months 8-11, then I reduced the usage of those.

Thanks for the positive comments.

Hi,
Would you please let me know what brand of Miconazole and Nizoral cream are you using?
A link would be great.

How often do you use these creams?
Do you mix it up with Rogaine?

Why did you switch from foam to liquid?

Thanks

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
RSR38 said:
JWM said:
RSR39,

What brand of finasteride and minoxidil are you using? Are you still only applying minoxidil once a night?

Fincar brand and liquid Equate minoxidil from Walmart. Yes, I usually apply about 3-4ml once at night.

Thanks. Are you quartering the Fincar and taking 1.25 mg a day?

My bad... I meant to say finpecia. I have always ordered from ADC or Inhouse. I use 1 mg per day.

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: RSR39 Success story at 13 months treatments

PlausibleBoss said:
RSR38 said:
irishpride86 said:
wait, wait, im lost...

your treatments are now rogaine foam ,nizoral,finasteride, since 2010,

on HLH you stated to me that you use kirkland liquid,finasteride,nizoral cream, and vag cream,

explain this rogaine foam use, or did you try it at first then dropped it ? If so ho wlong where you on it before you switched to liquid ?

thanks man

I have NO IDEA what the hell you are talking about, Irish. I have been on finasteride, Min and nizoral since April 2010 (that's why this is a 13 month update, bro...)

I have NEVER used Kirkland Liquid minoxidil. Long ago I used the foam, but over 8 months ago, I switched and started just using Liquid Equate minoxidil from Walmart. As for the Miconazole and Nizoral creams, yes, I use them sporadically now, but mainly during months 8-11, then I reduced the usage of those.

Thanks for the positive comments.

Hi,
Would you please let me know what brand of Miconazole and Nizoral cream are you using?
A link would be great.

How often do you use these creams?
Do you mix it up with Rogaine?

Why did you switch from foam to liquid?

Thanks

Honestly, I have ceased using either cream. I occasionally use the shampoo now. Maybe 2x per week. It wreaks havoc on my hair as it is about neck legth when wet and it makes it tangle. I have not seen a decline in hair and it's been several months (5 or 6 I guess).

That quote about foam is really old... I used foam for about 1-2 months before I began my finasteride back in Feb 2010. By april 2010 I was on Walmart minoxidil cause it is cheap. I used it 2x per day up untill about 1 year and then 1x per night with occasional 2x per day here and there.

MGZ

Established Member
Reaction score
RSR38 said:
MGZ said:
Lol are you f*ing kidding me, that is surreal.

Did you see results like one month after using Finasteride? It seems guys with staggering results see results quicker than others.

Actually, things got real bad for me in month 2-3, then around 4th month it stabilized and by 6 months I was improving fast.

Do you have any pics from this time? Right now you only have pics from start to finish, would be interesting to see your progress at 3-4 months.

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
MGZ,

Okay, I'll clarify... The pics I have posted as baseline are from July 4th weekend 2010. So they ARE my 3 month "bottom out" after starting minoxidil in March 2010 and adding finasteride in April 2010. I don't have any pics of my hair untill the ones I took in July, in fact I used to delete them all because I hated the sight of my diffuse male pattern baldness. I really never started out intending to document this whole process, although I wish i would have done it precisely. Anyway, I did take lots of pics during months 4 on, however they are all on my EX girlfriend's computer and she left me to be a lesbian, so we don't talk anymore. That's why my pics skip from month 3-11 on this forum. I did post constant updates and pics on the other forum, but not so much on here and now i just don't have any pics other than this one I found from month 5-6 I believe.

Attachments

• hairnow2010.jpg
    hairnow2010.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 779

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
Another one at 5-7 months I'm pretty sure.

Attachments

• HT5.jpg
    HT5.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 803

MGZ

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the expeditious response and pics dude, do you have any without blocking your face? One more thing, which is are you a smoker or ex smoker?

MGZ

Established Member
Reaction score
Ah so at 3 months you were still pretty bad, do you have ANY pics pre minoxidil/finasteride? Like from 1-2 years prior? Or is your baseline which you said starts at 3 months pretty much the worst it's been?

Good thing you still had a strong hairline.

andersonlynch

Established Member
Reaction score
Congratulation to you dude.I suggest just continue using that treat It has a big improvement.

Ben Smith

Reaction score
Hi RSR - congratulations on the success.

I just had one question, I remember you saying that you'd continued to shed in the early stages. Are you still continuing to shed now? The reason I ask is that I still seem to shed a lot but visually my hair density is much improved.

Thanks

Ben

EDIT: Just noted that on the previous page you said you were losing 100 per day still. That encourages me - although I'm not as thick as you've got to yet...I feel like the shedding has increased again since around April so hopefully this will be my last large shed fingers x'd!

themiz1234

Established Member
Reaction score
This story give me a lot of hope as we share very similar hairloss!

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t best results I've seen.
I have this success story pinned because he has the exact same type of diffuse thinning that i have, he is the reason i added miconazole to my regimen. Whenever i feel like giving up or depressed, I visit this. It really helps.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have this success story pinned because he has the exact same type of diffuse thinning that i have, he is the reason i added miconazole to my regimen. Whenever i feel like giving up or depressed, I visit this. It really helps.
That's why I say I'd wish I was a diffuse thinner, you see lots of these guys that have Norwood 7 thinning but have hair everywhere, they regain a good percentage of it.