Rollercoaster Of A Ride-finasteride Since 2017 January

yetanotherobssesser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I need to hear it once and for all. How bad is my hairloss? Am I even losing my hair? Here is the story.

December 2015: itchy hair, doctor gave me nizoral.
January 2016: went back to doctor he said i have a little hair loss gave me finasteride. Been on it ever since.

Since then, its been a rollercoaster of paranoia. I had gone to two other doctors in the first half of 2017 who both said they did not see any hair loss. I have been to hairdressers who also said they see no hair loss. I play with my hair non stop looking in the mirror obsessing over it. What concerns me now is that my hair is dry and weak. some of my hair will break in half when i pull it out. Please give me some advice. Note that i have always had a high hairline.

Is finasteride working for me?
WIN_20171025_13_15_18_Pro_LI.jpg
WIN_20171025_13_15_18_Pro_LI.jpg
WIN_20171025_12_33_16_Pro_LI.jpg
WIN_20171025_12_33_18_Pro_LI.jpg
WIN_20171025_12_33_20_Pro_LI.jpg
WIN_20171025_12_33_28_Pro_LI.jpg
WIN_20171025_12_33_30_Pro_LI.jpg
WIN_20171025_12_34_17_Pro_LI.jpg
WIN_20171025_12_34_19_Pro_LI.jpg

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man I had pretty much the same hairline as you when I started Propecia in 2014. My hairline was always on the higher side too but not that high. I obviously had some slight recession and hairloss considering my dermatologist decided to put me on it. Not only did it maintain but it regrew the temple areas and I believe it is still getting thicker after every few months or so.

Bottom line: you chose a great time to get on Propecia because you can regrow recent hair loss or it can maintain your pretty much full head of hair (minus slight temple recession/maturation) and it most likely won't get worse. Look at your family members to see if you really need to be on it to prevent it from worsening, but if you don't have side effects you should stay on it to ensure that it maintains and probably even thickens your hair after a couple years.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have minor temple recession, still a norwood 1 though. Its hard to tell if propecia is working because the pics arent great and you didnt provide any baseline pictures. If you think your hair looks the same as when you started i would say it is working.

yetanotherobssesser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like ive regressed slightly since i started on finasteride in the beginning of 2016. is the success of finasteride binary? If it doesnt completely stop the hairloss then it is not working. or is it possible that finasteride just slows it down more than it would have progressed if you hadnt taken it?

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like ive regressed slightly since i started on finasteride in the beginning of 2016. is the success of finasteride binary? If it doesnt completely stop the hairloss then it is not working. or is it possible that finasteride just slows it down more than it would have progressed if you hadnt taken it?
D. All of the above