Role Of Non Androgenic Factors In Hair Loss

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
The "it's all genetics" crowd doesn't want to hear stuff like this.

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tldr don't be a starving african and get super basic blood work done before hopping on finasteride. As long as you aren't eating like a retard you will never be so lucky as for this to be the case.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most Westerners "eat like a retard", and insulin resistance is a major factor in hair loss.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lets do this experiment, try not to eat sugar and wheat for a month

What are you going to consume that doesn't have any sugars in it?

You know its A LOT of foods you can't eat, and i'm not talking about processed food.

zeerax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My GP and my 2 dermatologists (one of them having MBP) also believe it is not normal, even for people suffering from male pattern baldness, to go bald in your 40s...sure genetics is a b**ch, but the expression of genes in an organism can also be influenced by the environment.

But the issue is people in general are uneducated on diet and there's an alarmingly high number of people that wrongfully believe they're eating healthy just because they're avoiding sugar...and let's not talk about those who believe adopting the proper diet for 6 months will heal their body and be enough to fully recover.

Last edited:

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Near impossible.
I agree, thats why is an experiment and thats why western populaton is so prone to trigger genetic hairloss.
Of course you dont fix, never even thought, but you pull off your finger from the trigger

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are you going to consume that doesn't have any sugars in it?

You know its A LOT of foods you can't eat, and i'm not talking about processed food.
I know its hard, i would begin with processed foods and wheat. That would be a huge step from inflammations point of view (for those who needs to hear that of course, its an issue for everyone)

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
The association between baldness and cardiovascular issues should make it clear enough that there are systemic factors implicated, and not simply "itz just our dht-sensitive folliculz bro".

Androgens are implicated with systemic calcification, but obviously not everyone has equal risk of CHD, so there must again be a third factor implicated, which could be genetics (obviously implying wider-spread genetic differences and not simply those of the follicles on the top of your head, as commonly believedi n male pattern baldness theory), or something else.

https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/3/4/e002537
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19176322

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, thats why is an experiment and thats why western populaton is so prone to trigger genetic hairloss.
Of course you dont fix, never even thought, but you pull off your finger from the trigger
Any links for meal plans/ideas?