Rogaine Use And Heart Arrhythmia Side Effects

Armandhammer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been using Rogaine 5% Foam for a little over 4 months now, and today the doctor told me I have heart arrhythmia. I've been experiencing it for roughly a week now, and I saw a lot of the people on this forum have had a similar experience. So I have a couple of questions for anyone else who is/has experienced this:

1.) How long did you take Rogaine before experiencing these symptoms?
2.) How long after quitting Rogaine did the symptoms disappear?

I am pretty sure Rogaine is causing this for me, as I am a 26 year old male who eats a clean diet and exercises regularly. I've never had heart issues until now, and I'm not taking any chances and quitting Rogaine cold turkey as of now. I just want to know how long these side effects will affect me (assuming Rogaine is the culprit). Any comments and experiences would be greatly appreciated!

4myBP

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been using Rogaine 5% Foam for a little over 4 months now, and today the doctor told me I have heart arrhythmia. I've been experiencing it for roughly a week now, and I saw a lot of the people on this forum have had a similar experience. So I have a couple of questions for anyone else who is/has experienced this:

1.) How long did you take Rogaine before experiencing these symptoms?
2.) How long after quitting Rogaine did the symptoms disappear?

I am pretty sure Rogaine is causing this for me, as I am a 26 year old male who eats a clean diet and exercises regularly. I've never had heart issues until now, and I'm not taking any chances and quitting Rogaine cold turkey as of now. I just want to know how long these side effects will affect me (assuming Rogaine is the culprit). Any comments and experiences would be greatly appreciated!

4myBP

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes so I'm a 37 yr old female taking oral Minoxidil I'm 2months in and am experiencing heart palpitations . Thought I was just jacked from caffeine at first but now I'm assuming this is a random side effect. I also eat well and exercise so I don't need another health issue to worry about right now..I haven't went to Doctor yet.. So not sure what he'll say but I'll post the outcome. In my opinion if your healthy don't add more risk for the sake of hair. Let me say that there are much more serious health issues to stress over :) good luck! Please post if your side effect went away already

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you elaborate further the arrthymia part? What kind if arrthymia? Atrial fibrillation? Ventricular premature beats?

It is very very unlikely for %5 topical minoxidil to cause heart problems.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you elaborate further the arrthymia part? What kind if arrthymia? Atrial fibrillation? Ventricular premature beats?

It is very very unlikely for %5 topical minoxidil to cause heart problems.
It does and it will.Data demonstrate that minoxidil produces enlargement of the left ventricle, right ventricle and interventricular septum. The right ventricular enlargement produced by minoxidil treatment is due to an increase in myocyte cross-sectional area, a finding which may suggest pressure overload of the right ventricle.

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It does and it will.Data demonstrate that minoxidil produces enlargement of the left ventricle, right ventricle and interventricular septum. The right ventricular enlargement produced by minoxidil treatment is due to an increase in myocyte cross-sectional area, a finding which may suggest pressure overload of the right ventricle.
Show me a case report of topical minoxidil induced left ventricular hypertrophy. It is true that oral minocidil may change the heart structure but topical minoxidil use doesn't result in clinically significant changes.