Rogaine is not freakin working!

Evsever

Reaction score
Jojje said:
it works difrent from person to person, i had some sucksess in front too.
I would try the big 3 for 1 year before considering hair transplant.
Big 3= finasteride, minoxidil, and a keto shampo

What is hair transplant?
What is finasteride?
Isn't minoxidil the same as minoxidil (which was probably the reason why my hair is ruined)?

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Evsever said:
Jojje said:

What is hair transplant?
What is finasteride?
Isn't minoxidil the same as minoxidil (which was probably the reason why my hair is ruined)?

hair transplant = Hair Transplant
finasteride = Finasterid/propecia
minoxidil has a shedding period for many, most just need to ride it out and get greate regrowth after.

Evsever

Reaction score
Jojje said:
Evsever said:
Jojje said:

What is hair transplant?
What is finasteride?

hair transplant = Hair Transplant
finasteride = Finasterid/propecia
minoxidil has a shedding period for many, most just need to ride it out and get greate regrowth after.

I can understand if shedding happens in the first couple of weeks, but if it keeps happening for the next 5 or 6 months, then obviously something is wrong.

So you're telling me that I should use Propecia that has finasterid and Rogaine that has 5% minoxidil? And is Keto shampoo something that you can buy in any store?

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As blaze says, use minoxidil along with finasteride for your best chance.

If this doesn't work for you after a decent length of time (to at least maintain your hair) then you're pretty much stuffed.

Check out the countless successes in the 'success stories' subforum if you doubt the efficacy of this 'big 2'.

Massive rolleyes at the people above saying minoxidil ruins hair and is a scam. :shakehead:

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So you're telling me that I should use Propecia that has finasterid and Rogaine that has 5% minoxidil? And is Keto shampoo something that you can buy in any store?

well if mino9x did not work for 6 month of regular use.. twice a day.. then there is no point. use finasteride 1 mg a day and a keto shampo like nizoral or revita.
Could try the product Spectral DNC-N, i just ordered 3 botles.. they claim its better then minoxidil and will work for more people.. even those that minoxidil didnt work on.. GL

Tom1985

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil on and off for years and it has definately help thicken and maintain the existing hairs around my hair line and crown. It has never caused me to shed. The only shed I have experienced was when I stopped using minoxidil for a couple of months.

beaner

Reaction score
If you're using minoxidil and finasteride it's an entirely different story than using minoxidil by itself. The lowered DHT levels from taking finasteride allows minoxidil to work much better. I've been using minoxidil since 2002 and it worked, but when I added finasteride in 2006, hair growth really took off including the front. (and whoever said there are no studies/proof that minoxidil works in the front is completely wrong. Studies exist and they have been posted here many times)

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
beaner said:
Studies exist and they have been posted here many times)

I think there are studies, too, but the problem is it's usually easier to get success on the crown than the hairline, and so when the company that makes Rogain submitted their trials to the FDA in 1988 or whatever, they only showed that they used the vertex area to count hair increases from minoxidil use. They never updated these studies so they are only allowed to show that it works on the vertex on the box.

Evsever

Reaction score
I still have a question. My hair has gotten worse since I used Rogaine, DID IT KILL MY HAIR?? WILL IT GROW BACK???

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
What else frankly do us guys have to use ?

Id advise try the big 3 (minoxidil/finasteride/nizoral shampoo) as long as you can, if your in the process of having hair loss, what you got to loose other then looking like captain picard or bruce willis !

Its always gonna be a case of trying it and seeing if theres any benefit, ive switched from Rogain foam which did nothing for 3.5 years, I switched to kirkland minoxidil liquid and have slight improvement on my hair line, my tiny velous hairs seem little longer/thicker and ive been on liquid minoxidil for 4 months, im willing to give it another 6 months and if nothing then I know after 4.5-5 years of trying the big 3 I may have to chuck in the towel or try reducing it or hair transplant !

But hey at least when im 80 years old and lonely and alone (due to hair loss!) and watching telly I can say when I was relativly young I tried something lol

Evsever

Reaction score
I have just learned that instead of rubbing the Rogaine liquid into your scalp, you're suppose to massage it. Or else, it won't work. Is that true?

beaner

Reaction score
Evsever said:
I have just learned that instead of rubbing the Rogaine liquid into your scalp, you're suppose to massage it. Or else, it won't work. Is that true?

No, that's not true. Where did you learn that? (and what's the difference between rubbing it into your scalp and massaging it?)

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
quick question, how long do u guys massage or rub it in for? In the past 2 days id just apply it and rub it gently just to spread it. am i supposed to massage it for longer than that?

Evsever

Reaction score
Quite frankly, I'm scared of using any products right now. My family are discouraging me; saying that products like Rogaine, Propecia, Spectral, etc. are all scams and useless, and that it's just a way for them to take money from us.

My hair looks horrible now, and I feel hopeless.

Swopo

Reaction score
Evsever said:
Quite frankly, I'm scared of using any products right now. My family are discouraging me; saying that products like Rogaine, Propecia, Spectral, etc. are all scams and useless, and that it's just a way for them to take money from us.

My hair looks horrible now, and I feel hopeless.

Check out what causes the baldness, then look at the science behind the drugs... You will see that they are not a scam.
Look at the success stories too

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Is 6 months long enough ?

Says on the bottle within 3 months u can get an improvement....

Ive been on rogain foam for 3 years and had minoxidil tiny lifeless hairs on my hairline... liquid has improved it slightly but its only been 4 months... im thinking if I dont see any improvement in just quitting minoxidil come spring 2012.

But would like to hear if 6 months is long enough ?