Rogaine is not freakin working!

Evsever

Reaction score
I am just so frustrated. I've been using Rogaine (the drops, 5% minoxidil) for the past 5 or 6 months for my receding hairline (and a little on the crown) and I think it actually looks worse than it did before. While using Rogaine, there were certain points where I would think it's working because I could see itty bitty baby hair starting to emerge, but then months passes by and nothing happens! I do forget to use Rogaine a couple of times, but not enough for it to ruin my hair! What happened to my hair?! Did Rogaine damage my hair? Will it even grow back!?!

It baffles me how people say they see major improvements within the first few months, but mine hasn't improved at all. I'm just losing faith in Rogaine and I don't know if I should keep using it. Plus, I don't have money coming out of my nose, so I don't know if I can afford it anymore.

Currently, I just started using Fluocinolone Acetonide Topical Solution, which I forgot I even had. It's still a full bottle, but will be expired next month. Ugh! Why me? :shakehead:

I just don't know what to do anymore, and I'm worried that my hair will stay like this.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jumping on finasteride with minoxidil like your regimen signiture seems to indicate is the right move. Give it 6 months with finasteride and min.

Jacob25

Reaction score
Minoxidil = SCAM
It just ruins the hairline. It shouldn't be applied on hairline and crown area because it will only shed your healthy hairs and will grow tiny ones which eventually will fall too.
I also fell into the trap. dam so mad!

Evsever

Reaction score
blaze said:
Jumping on finasteride with minoxidil like your regimen signiture seems to indicate is the right move. Give it 6 months with finasteride and min
finasteride and minoxidil? Isn't minoxidil the same as minoxide? And what is finasteride? Please be specific, I don't know much about that stuff.

Jacob25 said:
Minoxidil = SCAM
It just ruins the hairline. It shouldn't be applied on hairline and crown area because it will only shed your healthy hairs and will grow tiny ones which eventually will fall too.
I also fell into the trap. dam so mad!

But will it grow back??

T

Timi

minoxidil is a Hairkiller

take finasteride allone and Quit this sh*t minoxidil

jecheung

Reaction score
i experienced a pretty bad hairline loss when I started finasteride (which basically accelerated my hairless) and it never grew back. Wiith minoxidil, only when I switched to 15% on the hailrline did it finished the baldness for me. So you will never know how you will react to any kind of treatments.

Jacob25

Reaction score
jecheung said:
i experienced a pretty bad hairline loss when I started finasteride (which basically accelerated my hairless) and it never grew back. Wiith minoxidil, only when I switched to 15% on the hailrline did it finished the baldness for me. So you will never know how you will react to any kind of treatments.
It's hard to believe minoxidil has any part with your hair line grow. maybe something with your nutrition?
I wouldn't even take the risk using it anymore on the hair line.
Out of curiosity - Which minoxidil 15% company you use? is it with AA? Based on Grease or PP?

jecheung

Reaction score
I guess I wrote it wrong. When I switched to 15%, my hairline went to complete sh*t. It is completely noticeably bald! The only regrowth that I think I'm seeing is on the vertex. (which I'm only applied the foam)

Jacob25

Reaction score
It screwed me too bro. can't believe i've been so naive to use this CRAP. my hairline became higher, i wonder every FUC**** day if my lost hairs will grow again.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Stick to proven treatments and the science they have behind them. Propecia, Minoxidil. Dont listen to these other guys. These are the 2 most readily available and successful treatments available.

As I said, stick to the scientifically proven treatments.

Jacob25

Reaction score
blaze said:
Stick to proven treatments and the science they have behind them. Propecia, Minoxidil. Dont listen to these other guys. These are the 2 most readily available and successful treatments available.

There is no proof minoxidil will grow hair on your frontal area. If there is, please show us... I am 100% sure it ruined mine. I'm not some agent trying to keep away customers from buying products, you can view my first messages and see i have really tested it on my own head.

still have the question
'will these hairs we've lost will grow up again?'
thx.

heynow1234

Established Member
Reaction score
Im not saying that you guys are crazy, but i will say that im 3 and 1/2 months on the foam and my hair is greatly improving...and mostly in the hairline

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob25 said:
blaze said:

There is no proof minoxidil will grow hair on your frontal area. If there is, please show us... I am 100% sure it ruined mine. I'm not some agent trying to keep away customers from buying products, you can view my first messages and see i have really tested it on my own head.

still have the question
'will these hairs we've lost will grow up again?'
thx.

Bitter.

Evsever

Reaction score
You guys are giving me mixed answers here and I'm so confused! One person is telling to stop using minoxidil, another person is telling me to keep using it, and I still don't know what finasteride is! All I know is that this piece of junk: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000Y ... e=&seller=, ruined my hair and now I don't even know if it's gonna grow back or not. I'm angry, frustrated and scared right now. I'm afraid to use any other products now because it might make my hair even worse!

Jacob25

Reaction score
heynow1234 said:
Im not saying that you guys are crazy, but i will say that im 3 and 1/2 months on the foam and my hair is greatly improving...and mostly in the hairline
Does the foam touches your hair when you apply it?
I've been using it from RIGHT TO THE LEFT on my temple area. and it screwed my healthy hair. it has just fell and my forehead became bigger. yes i'm bitter it's just unfair you pay for a product and eventually suffer from it.
ALSO this area is still itching me for about every ******* day.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Jacob25 said:
heynow1234 said:
Does the foam touches your hair when you apply it?
I've been using it from RIGHT TO THE LEFT on my temple area. and it screwed my healthy hair. it has just fell and my forehead became bigger. yes i'm bitter it's just unfair you pay for a product and eventually suffer from it.
ALSO this area is still itching me for about every ******* day.

Dude, stop being an idiot. It didn't work for you. End of story. You're a minority. minoxidil regrows hair in most people, to some extent.

Evsever

Reaction score
Is it possible that Rogaine ruined my hair because I didn't use it the right way? While using it, I only wash my hair like 2 or 3 times a week because I hate having to wash my hair every day. And like I said, once in a while I do forget to use it. But still, I don't think that's enough for it to kill my freakin' hair and possibly never grow it back!!!

Evsever

Reaction score
Rival said:
Rogaine doesn't really work on the hairline. It works best for diffusers and crown loss.

You're better off getting a transplant to fix the hairline.

But people say that it does work on the hairline. Also, I considered getting a transplant, but I heard that you shouldn't get it when you're 22 years old, which is my age.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it works difrent from person to person, i had some sucksess in front too.
I would try the big 3 for 1 year before considering hair transplant.
Big 3= finasteride, minoxidil, and a keto shampo