Rogaine Foam + RU combo

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
Can rogaine foam users please step forward and advise if they have had ...

1. Good results from using it and dosage (i.e half a cap or 1 cap full)

2. How long have they been using it and their method of application )wet or dry scalp)

3. ***** ANy sides that they have experienced******

4. Additional treatments being used in conjunction.

Please note that I have currently started using RU and am planning to start rogaine foam as a year ago minoxidil liquid (generic) gave me terrible sides.

Have cut down finasteride usage to 0.5 mg every other day.

Your replies will helpe me in deciding whether I should or should'nt use Rogaine foam.

Also, note that RU has definitely stopped my shedding but I've been diffused since starting finasteride over a year ago. If I start RU and foam combo than I'll probably be amongst the first here and will definitely be back to help other guys..

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
RU58841
Its the most powerful anti androgen in the market at present. It is applied topically normally with a alcohol/ppg solution. There's a few RU users on other forums and none have reported side effects when used in quantities of less than 100mg. From anecdotal evidence it does not regrow hair but what no one knows as yet is how it would work in conjunction with minoxidil.

A dose of 50-100 mg should be suffiecient. I treid everything from saw to finasteride to copper to minoxidil none of them worked. Only RU stooped my shedding and has thickened up my hair slightly within 20 days.

I want to see what happens in 2 months and if I don;t see further results intend to start minoxidil foam.

So why is it not widely used.

1. Its not been approved by FDA and there are questions about its safety and long term use although they may be unfounded.

2. Its hard to get and store (needs to be stoed in freezer).

I use it because...

1. Nothing else worked for me

2. I believe you need to work hard to keep you're hair as there is no easy solution. Thats how my life's been so far, work hard for minimal gains. No surprise that popping the finasteride pill (easy) only worsened my hairloss. It became more diffused until I found RU.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
icdalite said:
RU58841
A dose of 50-100 mg should be suffiecient. I treid everything from saw to finasteride to copper to minoxidil none of them worked. Only RU stooped my shedding and has thickened up my hair slightly within 20 days.
:dunno:

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
see thats the thing, its diffcult to procure. There is one manufacturer based in china but the cost including shipping for 10 grams of RU is around $450. But it should last around a year. The thing is if its not stored and used as directed all your money will go down the drain.

If any one wants more info then plz pm me as I might get pulled up by the mods otherwise.

BTW, I got on to it after I saw Irish pride used it and get back his hair. I'm not claiming significant results yet but its been only 3 weeks.

If I don't see good results in another 2 months in terms of regrwoth then I may start rogaine to kick start it as the hairloss is almost down to nil with RU.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have used both the foam and minoxidil liquid.

What kind of sides did you get from liquid minoxidil?

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I ma using RU with minoxidil liquid solution,. for now every week i prepare abatch andmix it with minoxidil.. i am planning to move to mixing it with alcohol..
how can NAYTHING thicken up hair in 20 days ? I hope you are right

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
Waynako, my results are not yet significant, but because my contunuous shedding from finasteride has ceased since I started RU, there seems to be that slight difference. Also the texture of the hair has changed. But I got so little hair all over (diffused) that if I don't see new hairs (regrwoth) it will be meaningless.

Please keep me and the forum updated on the progress with your RU + minoxidil combo.

I quit minoxidil a year ago because I had headaches, terrible dark circles, faster heart beat and forehead had developed wrinles. ALthough I would blame myself for some of it as I would apply it on moist scalp soon after a shower or just before hitting the bed.

This time around I plan to use foam (no dripping) and only in the mornings.

Waynako, if this combo works for you then you will be setting a new trend here ;)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
waynakyo said:
I ma using RU with minoxidil liquid solution,. for now every week i prepare abatch andmix it with minoxidil.. i am planning to move to mixing it with alcohol..
how can NAYTHING thicken up hair in 20 days ?

I've heard it causes dyslexia! :)

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
waynakyo said:
how can NAYTHING thicken up hair in 20 days ?

I've heard it causes dyslexia! :)

LMAO :)