Rogaine foam and system

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
Can you wear a lace system and still apply rogaine without removing it daily? Is it advised or not?

Noah

Reaction score
It won't do the system any harm. You would have to opt for an weak attachment that you could peel off frequently. The sort of tape used by daily wearers (ie people who take their pieces off to sleep) would be OK I guess.

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I wonder if I could work it through the system so I wouldn't have to remove it? I'm just now starting to look into it.

Noah

Reaction score
What consistency is the foam? You can drip liquid with a watery consistency through the lace with a thin nozzle (like alcohol, which is used to dissolve the glue when you want to take it off). I don't think a mousse consistency would go through very well though.

In case you haven't seen a lace base at close quarters, here is a picture of the Swiss lace base of my spare unit with my thumb for scale. So that is the kind of material you are dealing with.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 222

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
I see.. Thanks for the pic. So I currently use rogaine and if I stop my hairless will get worse... will that mean as my hair shed ill have to get a new system? i plan on going full top anyways. i have very diffuse on top.

Noah

Reaction score
Well you have to count on getting a new piece every 4 - 6 months anyway, so if you need to increase the size you can do it then.

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it a bad idea if I still have a decent amount of hair on my head? Once I stop rogaine it will all fall out. I don't go anywhere without a hat and rarely I have somewhere to go that doesn't allow me to wear a hat but when I do I use topic and it still looks awful.

Noah

Reaction score
It's a very personal decision, but it doesn't sound like the Rogaine and Toppik combo is delivering what you want. I guarantee you you can get a good look using a system, but whether the other aspects of wearing will work for you only you can say. The good thing with a hairpiece is that if you don't like it you can chuck it and you haven't lost anything, other than the modest price of the piece itself.