Rogaine and Biotin , is it worth trying both ?

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Biotin is likely not going to have a noticeable effect to your hair. Certainly not as comparable as rogaine, or other minoxidil products.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've decided to get 3 months supply of Rogaine , but should i try some Bioton aswell ? Or should i see how Rogaine works on it own ? ( i appreciate it is temporary)
I'm tempted by Bioton because per tablet cost is rather good -or is there anything else less than say , 10 per count that is more effective ? (Amazon seesms to be very good on these prices) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Biotin-Hai...ords=HAIR+LOSS+TABLETS&qid=1619461330&sr=8-12
Biotin only works if there has been malnutrition for a significant period of time and we are talking 3rd world starvation and that is probably not you. My mult-vitamin has enough biotin. It won't hurt and buying your first bottle of biotin is a rite of passage. That's all that the non-balding person in the street knows is to try biotin, mostly because they promote it in shampoos and as supplements in women's salons. So we all turn to mother for help and we end up with biotin, Goddess bless her.

If you tell us a bit more about your age and hair situation, I might have a couple of others suggestions that are inexpensive like well Keto 2 percent.

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Biotin only works if there has been malnutrition for a significant period of time and we are talking 3rd world starvation and that is probably not you. My mult-vitamin has enough biotin. It won't hurt and buying your first bottle of biotin is a rite of passage. That's all that the non-balding person in the street knows is to try biotin, mostly because they promote it in shampoos and as supplements in women's salons. So we all turn to mother for help and we end up with biotin, Goddess bless her.

If you tell us a bit more about your age and hair situation, I might have a couple of others suggestions that are inexpensive like well Keto 2 percent.
would you say that using ketoconazole once a week can halt inflammation? my scalp can't handle more than that

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
would you say that using ketoconazole once a week can halt inflammation? my scalp can't handle more than that
Yes. That's fine. As my hair has become along with my scalp, dryer, I have been using it less and less. It is really harsh on female scalps. I recommend either Selsun Blue or Head and Shoulders, meaning a blue/green sulfur based dandruff shampoo for your go to. Back when I was a kid, everybody in the family used Head and Shoulders and they advertised all of the time. It is milder than Selsun but maybe less tingly. That's a great question by the way because inflammation is the hot new thing in hair loss, that we have overlooked for years and years.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
What does this have to do with hair transplants? Wrong topic, bud.