Rocking The Buzz / Bald Look. Opinions

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FUT in 2019 is just retarded

Like me you are not the type who needs a lot of hair, just get your FUE to have a cool hairline that you can also grow out if you want (I've had 3 sessions and always my sides and back buzzed.. trust me, you won't get any visible scars) and enjoy life.

but what if you're diffused and can't get FUE or any transplant for the matter. what do I do then.

venom0088

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then shave it all off . Go to the gym . And focus on everything else that matters . Smp is also a possibility . I’ve seen some sick results with Norwood 6 people who had almost no hair . But they use beard as well

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then shave it all off . Go to the gym . And focus on everything else that matters . Smp is also a possibility . I’ve seen some sick results with Norwood 6 people who had almost no hair . But they use beard as well

none of that matters if you don't look good face wise. and smp is a joke, can clearly be spotted when standing close to the person, and even if I wanted to do it finding a really good artist is like a needle in a stack, most smps could easily go wrong, and in my country there are barely any who do it, and I'm not gonna go overseas for an smp procedure.

venom0088

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your face can change based on your body fat . I’m not here to show you pity . Seems you asked a question and no matter the answer you were going to be negative . If you feel that way about yourself or that negatively i would recommend a therapist for you .

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have done my research and even got turned down by some of the doctors I was hoping would accept me . Some are top of the field , Hasson and Wong , and dr erdogan. I do feel hasson and Wong denied me not just because of my hair loss , but because I wanted fue . And dr erdogan really seems to just look for customers that will provide best result . Dr cinik did say , just from some of my pictures , that 3600-4000 grafts he can prolly do , and in the future a lesser one if I want . I personally would be happy if I can have a decent hairline , with the mid crown and some of the crowned filled . Just enough to have a shadow of hair when I buzz it or go short . I don’t care so much about the crown as it really is the last thing to worry about . Saying that , money is definitely not the issue , I don’t care how much the cost would be . But finding a reliable doctor , who doesn’t just do it for the money is what I’m looking for . I still haven’t contacted dr diep or dr lorenzo in Spain which seem to be outstanding . As well I believe there is a dr Cole in Belgium . Furthermore , I do think I’ll just try medications and supplements for a year . Right now I use minoxidil , saw palmetto , biotin pills , and biotin conditioner . I also use nizoral shampoo, and occasionally castor oil . I do have finasteride on me ... but very hesitant due to the side effects , I was also think about purchasing ru550 or whatever it is .
You're going to find a lot of the best surgeons are going to tell you similar to what I did and will.

And anyone who says fut is a bad choice because of the current year does not know of what they speak, I don't care how many times they've sat in a chair. The typical transection rate is much higher than that of fut, thus your hair is in jeopardy, not to mention losing grafts n total hairs due to transection. ALSO not to mention they will have to go outside of the sweet spot for near dht resistant hair to get grafts when you're talking about 4k grafts n possibly more later. And considering you're on the way to nw6- you don't have that kind of hair to lose. You'll also get an overharvested look, and it will still scar.

But you're in between the old rock if you want to buzz it down or skin fade, etc. Because your best bet, fut, is going to leave a smile on the back of your head that will be visible if you have such a short look. Not that fue will leave you scarless, because it won't, and it'll look odd, but the fut will be far worse in that case.

Finasteride is fine to try, get a hormone profile done first, so you know where you're at. If you did get sides effects, consider that some countries prescribe .50 per day, even .25 per day and get very similar results to 1mg due to finasterides diminishing returns, and it greatly reduces chances of sides as well. Even topical finasteride has been shown to work, although the data is limited, and sides are even more rare.

Last edited:

venom0088

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're going to find a lot of the best surgeons are going to tell you similar to what I did and will.

And anyone who says fut is a bad choice because of the current year does not know of what they speak, I don't care how many times they've sat in a chair. The typical transection rate is much higher than that of fut, thus your hair is in jeopardy, not to mention losing grafts n total hairs due to transection. ALSO not to mention they will have to go outside of the sweet spot for near dht resistant hair to get grafts when you're talking about 4k grafts n possibly more later. And considering you're on the way to nw6- you don't have that kind of hair to lose. You'll also get an overharvested look, and it will still scar.

But you're in between the old rock if you want to buzz it down or skin fade, etc. Because your best bet, fut, is going to leave a smile on the back of your head that will be visible if you have such a short look. Not that fue will leave you scarless, because it won't, and it'll look odd, but the fut will be far worse in that case.

Finasteride is fine to try, get a hormone profile done first, so you know where you're at. If you did get sides effects, consider that some countries prescribe .50 per day, even .25 per day and get very similar results to 1mg due to finasterides diminishing returns, and it greatly reduces chances of sides as well. Even topical finasteride has been shown to work, although the data is limited, and sides are even more rare.

I appreciate the advice , I definitely will try the medicinal route first as I have a feeling I’ll have what I call the Zidane: where part of my hairline will stay with me all the way till later in my 40s . So trying that route might regrow some of my middle scalp , as I definitely have little hairs but lighter in color . I have seen dr ciniks work , and it definitely is impressive . I’m thinking I might try to keep what I have , regrow what I can . And wait for newer technology to come out . I think I look really good with the buzz / shaved look . And for whatever reason , it seems to be in .

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I appreciate the advice , I definitely will try the medicinal route first as I have a feeling I’ll have what I call the Zidane: where part of my hairline will stay with me all the way till later in my 40s . So trying that route might regrow some of my middle scalp , as I definitely have little hairs but lighter in color . I have seen dr ciniks work , and it definitely is impressive . I’m thinking I might try to keep what I have , regrow what I can . And wait for newer technology to come out . I think I look really good with the buzz / shaved look . And for whatever reason , it seems to be in .
Yeah, you don't look bad with it. But really consider finasteride, don't let any weirdos talk you out of it. Even if the side effects were downplayed at 2% of the people who took it in a massive study, and say it was 2.5x that, at 5%, that'd still give you a great chance of being just fine. It all comes down to hormones. you also get a psa test (prostate) to know where your baseline is, as this will shrink it.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score

Fut is dumb bc you get a nasty scar, next.

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well maybe that’s why your definition of what a woman finds good looking is completely skewed . Maybe you should try to get your face puffy and join the 11-15% body fat group . Maybe you’ll lay some cute chicks like I do . I’m not sure , I’ve been called manly , handsome and a whole other things that I dismiss . Maybe it’s this “weird” face keeping me in the game .
Again, you're being needlessly vitriolic. You asked for an honest assessment of how you looked (though if, as you say, people frequently call you "handsome", I wonder why you bothered?). I gave you one. To me, your face looks strange. You say you're between 11-15% body fat, which, especially if you're at the upper limit of this is relatively high if you want peak aesthetics. If you're happy with your face as it is, okay. If you want to improve, however, I would repeat my advice and advise you to go on a diet. You want to be single figure body fat percentage, to give you the absolute best change of achieving that lean, chiselled look. You don't have this at the moment, in my eyes.
All the best,
BiBiBaldy
The only reason you are "still in the game" is because you are not bald yet. Give you an Norwood 6 and it's game over, just like 98% of the rest of us bald guys.
Indeed. People smooth over it so easily but frame is a MASSIVE, MASSIVE benefit and several plateaus away from being completely bald. Moreover, the OP has just been humble bragging about how lots of women apparently refer to him as "handsome". If this is true, why would you post pics and ask for an assessment from a hairloss board? And worse, flip out as soon as someone doesn't give you pure praise. It seems to me as though OP has an ego problem. Most likely he's a @tellersquill and @Baldhurts style troll.

INT

Reaction score
Again, you're being needlessly vitriolic. You asked for an honest assessment of how you looked (though if, as you say, people frequently call you "handsome", I wonder why you bothered?). I gave you one. To me, your face looks strange. You say you're between 11-15% body fat, which, especially if you're at the upper limit of this is relatively high if you want peak aesthetics. If you're happy with your face as it is, okay. If you want to improve, however, I would repeat my advice and advise you to go on a diet. You want to be single figure body fat percentage, to give you the absolute best change of achieving that lean, chiselled look. You don't have this at the moment, in my eyes.
All the best,
BiBiBaldy

Indeed. People smooth over it so easily but frame is a MASSIVE, MASSIVE benefit and several plateaus away from being completely bald. Moreover, the OP has just been humble bragging about how lots of women apparently refer to him as "handsome". If this is true, why would you post pics and ask for an assessment from a hairloss board? And worse, flip out as soon as someone doesn't give you pure praise. It seems to me as though OP has an ego problem. Most likely he's a @tellersquill and @Baldhurts style troll.

You don't need 'peak aesthetics' to be considered handsome. This isn't lookism and going into single-digit fat% can actually become unhealthy real fast.

venom0088

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't need 'peak aesthetics' to be considered handsome. This isn't lookism and going into single-digit fat% can actually become unhealthy real fast.

lol not to mention to stay in single body fat , you’ll look like a twig or be on gear . And your absolutely right , it isn’t healthy to maintain that lol

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But nobody can give you proper advice based on your photo. You need to grow your hair a bit to be able to weight your options.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

100% agree, single digit body fat is super hard to maintain and not necessarily healthy at all, even body builders who go to single digit body fat only do so before competitions and it's extremely hard to get to and they never last with it, they go instantly back up after the competition is over. (and they even use steroids)
10-13% is more than perfect, and 15% is good.

Bibibaldy is being radical.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
100% agree, single digit body fat is super hard to maintain and not necessarily healthy at all, even body builders who go to single digit body fat only do so before competitions and it's extremely hard to get to and they never last with it, they go instantly back up after the competition is over. (and they even use steroids)
10-13% is more than perfect, and 15% is good.

Bibibaldy is being radical.
Usually. Depending where you hold your fat. If it's distributed evenly, you can even get away with 17%. If you hold most in your stomach n face n neck, 12%, tops (this would be me, naturally).

Well, OP is 6'3, as in six foot and three inches tall. In decent shape and a firefighter. I think that's enough said on that subject.

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've told you already - I don't have any links with Lookism.com. You're obviously free not to believe me, but it's the truth. Yes, 3% body fat or whatever it is peak body builders reach probably isn't healthy long term, but the 8-9% mark is a good goal to aim for. Many people look good at 10-12%. However, the OP is either higher than this or isn't so lucky. To me (and this may be the operative phrase here) his face looks weirdly rounded and overly puffy. Assuming this isn't a genetic problem or some strange quirk of appearance, he should be able to address this by cutting his body fat. I don't get what's so hard to understand.

INT

Reaction score
I've told you already - I don't have any links with Lookism.com. You're obviously free not to believe me, but it's the truth. Yes, 3% body fat or whatever it is peak body builders reach probably isn't healthy long term, but the 8-9% mark is a good goal to aim for. Many people look good at 10-12%. However, the OP is either higher than this or isn't so lucky. To me (and this may be the operative phrase here) his face looks weirdly rounded and overly puffy. Assuming this isn't a genetic problem or some strange quirk of appearance, he should be able to address this by cutting his body fat. I don't get what's so hard to understand.

Going below 10% becomes unhealthy. Period.