Robotsex's Story - (9.5 Years of Hair Loss Feedback Please!)

hitman

Reaction score
It seems that you are good responders to minoxidil or other topics ..Do you guys experience any initial shedding in minoxidil or revivogen and for how long? is a true that is a good sign ? It makes no sense to me .Personally i have a big shedding with minoxidil for 14 days and my hair was even thinner than before treatment with minoxidil , also my hair was greasy and i have little hard ache after that stuff so i quit .Now i am trying to use revivogen but I am afraid that sheding will come over again.. . any throats???Suggestions for other drugs beside revivogen??please help me !!!

robotsex

Reaction score
Thank exVee, good to get a positive perspective on my situation. :)

Hitman, to answer you question I have not responded positively to it so far. I feel like it has causes me to thin somewhat in the areas that I apply it in, which is what it's supposed to do before the new hairs grow in thicker. You have to give up some hair short term to get it to regrow back later and have it be thicker. It's always a bit of a gamble. This is genuinely how it works, so shedding is a positive thing assuming you keep with the treatment and allow the fallen hairs to regrow in thicker.

Right now, I am having a tough time deciding if I want to keep usuing minoxidil since it causes me to bloat in my face a bit. I've been experimenting with the right combos, dosage, etc. I do believe I have shed somewhat at my hairline, but I attribute this to the minoxidil shedding the hairs so they can grow back thicker. However, I've been entertaining quitting minoxidil altogether as I don't think its worth it if it causes my face to look fatter. In that case, it will suck to lose all that hair and have it grow back in THINNER than it was before.

If I could do it all over, I would have used it on my crown at first to make sure I didn't have an adverse reactions. It's easier to hide thinning at the back of the head. Not so easy at the hairline.

robotsex

Reaction score
No, I've never really experienced any noticable side effects from propecia. It's only helped slow my hairloss. I never had any earth shattering results with it.

robotsex

Reaction score
Ok, so an update...

I've been using Foam in the PM 1x a day and the bloating is a little less severe. Just ordered some Xandrox Liquid 5% Night and some Topical spironolactone Cream 5% which I plan to add to my regimen.

Lastly, do you guys think it's overkill to add Revivogen to the mix as well? I'd be applying The Liquid minoxidil, Topical spironolactone, and Revivogen all in the PM and applying the Foam in the AM.

Any thoughts?

Petchsky

Reaction score
I think that probably is a bit over kill, unless you alternate days with the revivogen. You don't want your regimen to become too much of a chore, as you have to do it every day.

robotsex

Reaction score
Hey P,

So if I were to choose between spironolactone and Revivogen, which would you suggest? spironolactone seems to be more scientifically effective and perhaps anecdotally as well.

Also, would alternating spironolactone/Rev. be effective?

Petchsky

Reaction score
I'd choose spironolactone. Not sure if alternating with Revivogen would be effective or not.

ali777

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
I'd choose spironolactone. Not sure if alternating with Revivogen would be effective or not.

You keep recommending spironolactone these days :) ... You recommended it to me as well... You'll make a good salesman :dunno: , I'm gonna try it for at least 6 months.

On the bloating thing: I suspected that I was getting dark circles and bloating from minoxidil. Lately, I've cut down minoxidil to a very minimal and I decided not to use it for 10 days. The other day, I applied 1ml and it did give me facial bloating... I don't know what the solution is, but bloating is there for me too...

I'm thinking of quitting minoxidil altogether, I've been on it close to 9 months now. Its results have been negligible. One could argue that it helped me maintain :dunno: ...

Robotsex: I have a similar pattern to yours, but not as aggressive. I'm 31, and I started thinning in my late 20s. I've had the V shaped hairline for 10 years and it never bothered me. What you are describing as recession at 17, was there for me too...

robotsex

Reaction score
Re: Robotsex's Story - (11 Years of Hair Loss) UPDATE

Received my spironolactone 5% today from Dr. Lee and my minoxidil liquid from Dr. Lee as well today. Applied both products this evening and they went on pretty well.

I'm using Dr. Lee's regular minoxidil in the evening to reduce bloating from what I feel is excessive delivery of Rogaine Foam, which I'm still using in the AM.

I added the spironolactone because while finasteride has helped slow my loss, I feel like I need some additional anti-androgen support to actually fight my hairloss not just regrow some minoxidil dependent hairs. I think this provides a solid regimen of the Big 3 -- adjusted slightly to reduce bloating and spironolactone to further protect myself against DHT.

One thing I will say is that the spironolactone is super thick and applying it all over the top of my head is proving difficult. Anyone got any tips on this? I'm only applying it in the PM btw.

robotsex

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's the spironolactone, but I actually had to *try* to get hair to come out when I was putting conditioner in this morning and no hairs came off. Could be a coincidence, but I think this only happens very rarely for me. I'll keep everyone posted.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I switched to Dr Lee's minoxidil twice per day (0.5ml per dose) and the bloating is less. Dr Lee's minoxidil is easier to put on than the foam with the dropper and no mess on my hands. No foam smell.

robotsex

Reaction score
GOod call Doctor, I think I will do the same. Just gonna see how I do with liquid 2x a day. If I can manage, I'll keep it up. Hopefully, I'll see a reduction in the bloating I have. 1ML twice a day should do it for me. Tougher since my thinning is all over my head in most areas so I try and cover the trouble spots, but .5 ML really isn't enough unless I'm just dong the crown or the hairline.

Honestly, I think the spironolactone is making a difference. I am not losing ANY hair in the shower. Maybe just 1 or 2, but I have to try. Crazy. Never seen anythihg like this. Could also be a combo of the minoxidil, spironolactone, and regular nizoral.

robotsex

Reaction score
Just a quick update, I'm about to hit the 4 month mark of using minoxidil in a couple of days. It's been a hectic ride for me with this stuff because of all of the consideration and experimentation I've had to engage in as a result of using it. Seems like no matter the delivery method I get bloating from regular minoxidil doses of half a cap or 1 ml 2x a day as directed. Right now I have bloating from the minoxidil again in my face and I think I have it a little bit in my body as well. I'm currently using 1 ml Dr Lee's 5% minoxidil Liquid AM + PM all over my head.

While I naturally have a defined face and a slender body and can afford to buff up a bit, I like the way I look and have become accustomed to it and don't like any variations in my appearance because of using minoxidil. I just don't *feel* as attractive or comfortable as I feel normally when I'm not using it. Perhaps I should just get more used to it, what kills me is that the bloating seems to be almost undetectable (without asking) by other people, but I kind of obsess about it and it just bothers me.

So at this point, I've decided I'm going to try using .5 ml at crown 2x a day to see what kind of results that has. I have pretty minor bloating from using a full dose of minoxidil 1x a day, so hopefully this will work in a similar way.

It's just hard to come to terms with the notion that something you really believe in has side effects that you can't really overlook. I want it all, but doesn't look like I can have it right now.

P.S. I think the spironolactone cream is making a big difference on the volume of hair I lose in the shower and in general.

robotsex

Reaction score
Here is an update of my hair 1.5 years after original post:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34349373@N07/sets/72157624097142973/show/with/4677539087/

I'm seriously considering an hair transplant by one of the best doctors at this point to fill in my hairline and temples and possibly my crown, although I realize that may not be possible.

My regiment hasn't changed much, I'm on 1.25 proscar, 1ml daily (.5 2x a day) of minoxidil (but recently upped to 2 ml (1ml 2x a day) to attempt to fill in my crown, and have been lazy with the nizoral. Jumping back on fill steam with this regimen. Proscar has been a staple.

Any thoughts on hair transplant considerations? Would love to hear opinions.

Thanks.

Vanzzzz

Established Member
Reaction score
I do not know much about hair transplant, but I think this website is a good place to start researching. Just be sure to get a good doctor like Shapiro or Umar, since hair transplant is permanent and a bad job will leave you feeling worse.