Rinse-out Conditioner Recommendation?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of talk regarding leave-in conditioners.

Do you guys use rinse out formulas as well? The type you wash out after shampooing your hair, I mean.

What should I look for in buying a rinse-out style conditioner?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't, anymore, since 80% of my system is synthetic (gray).

You want to buy something that is suitable for color-treated hair.

Noah

Reaction score
With human hair yes, it is important that you condition the piece with a wash-out conditioner after shampooing. Any good quality rich conditioner will do. I like the American Crew brand, which has a mint scent. Try to keep the conditioner off the knots as far as possible.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya, was worried the slickness of the conditioner, either wash out or leave-in, would interfere w the knots.

Noah

Reaction score
Ya, was worried the slickness of the conditioner, either wash out or leave-in, would interfere w the knots.

You're right: anything that lubricates the knots is not a good thing. I only shampoo and condition my unit when it is off my head, which makes it difficult easier to keep the conditioner off the base.

Pallas foods

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a leave in conditioner a couple of times a day but I have been told that by leaving some rinse out style conditioner in your hair over night is a good way to keep your hair fresh and looking healthy? I am currently putting a small amount of tresemme moisture rich conditioner in my hair at night is this recommended?? Any other products that I should be using to keep my system fresh

Thanks

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a leave in conditioner a couple of times a day but I have been told that by leaving some rinse out style conditioner in your hair over night is a good way to keep your hair fresh and looking healthy? I am currently putting a small amount of tresemme moisture rich conditioner in my hair at night is this recommended?? Any other products that I should be using to keep my system fresh

Thanks

That seems to be overkill, as well as messy.

Once a day for the leave it, and once a week or so for the rinse-out.