Right Side vs. Left Side

jason566

Established Member
Reaction score
bryan
so that study u gave a link too says more bloodflow to the scalp is bad for hair?
Im wondering whats our personal opinion on this ?..do u think increasing bloodflow increases affects of male pattern baldness? cause thats contrary to what ive heard so far..

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Controls of Hair Follicle Cycling
K. S. Stenn and R. Paus
Physiological Reviews, Vol. 81, No. 1, January 2001, pp. 449-494
In the section titled:Angiogenesis During Hair Follicle Cycling , say:

A priori, it is logical that small, metabolically "resting" telogen follicles have considerably lower perfusion requirements than larger, rapidly growing, anagen hair follicles.
…, and also,...
The studies suggested that the blood vessel changes in the dermis over the cycle are orchestrated by the follicle: the follicle calls forth its own blood supply and, conversely, dermal vessels do not control the cycle.

Armando

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
jason566 said:
bryan
so that study u gave a link too says more bloodflow to the scalp is bad for hair?
Im wondering whats our personal opinion on this ?

My personal opinion is....I tend to agree with that quote that Armando provided! I think the hair follicle probably pretty much controls its own blood supply, not the other way around. I provided the scan of that offbeat study (I'm not really sure what to make of it) mainly as a counterpoint to the claims that have persisted for DECADES that balding is basically caused by poor bloodflow to the scalp. That's an incredibly simplistic notion.

Bryan