Right Side vs. Left Side

bombscience

Reaction score
Ok well it's becoming very obvious that the right side of my head is thinning quicker than the left side. Can someone please explain why this would happen to me? Everything is thinner, the top right the top side and to a lesser extent the back.

confused.

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
This is just a THEORY. It seems that on the lest side of our heads we have a big main artery that's not on the right side. It's just a thought but maybe circulation is better on our left side for longer period of time. Better circulation would mean a better enviorment for hair growth in general. This is why I honestly think there might be something to scalp massaging and exercises.

Other than that the answer could lie purely with our genetics and there is nothing you can do about it. SUcks.

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
JesusFreak,

Very true. Nothing is perfect, not even balding patterns.

Cassin

Reaction score
Bombscience

When it was so undelicately put to me by my barber that I was balding, he said it is very common for one side to be thicker than the other. To this day my left side is much thicker than my right. Also my right side has receded much more than the left.

HairFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, nobody is really losing hair symmetrically.
My left side is alos much worse than right.

stillnotbald

Reaction score
Absolutely.
Most right handed people have worse right sides for hairloss and general skin condition.

It is related to the neurological difference between the two sides.

This is a good indication that muscle action, and state of the nervous system greatly affects hairloss probably through contricting or delivery of blood.

Exercising muscles, relaxation exercises, adjustments all help hair loss.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's always fun to throw a monkey wrench into generally accepted theories, so I'll take this opportunity again to cite the study done be a perfectly competent doctor which claimed to find that REDUCING blood flow to the scalp by tying-off scalp arteries was a benefit to male pattern baldness! Here's a scan of the full study:

http://www.geocities.com/bryan50001/artery_ligature.htm

Bryan

bombscience

Reaction score
Bryan said:
It's always fun to throw a monkey wrench into generally accepted theories, so I'll take this opportunity again to cite the study done be a perfectly competent doctor which claimed to find that REDUCING blood flow to the scalp by tying-off scalp arteries was a benefit to male pattern baldness! Here's a scan of the full study:

http://www.geocities.com/bryan50001/artery_ligature.htm

Bryan

Further proof that stopping hairloss is a freaking shot in the dark.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
StillnotBald wrote:

"It is related to the neurological difference between the two sides".

IMHO, the difference in hair thinning between left and right part of the scalp could be the different position of the head when we are slepping.

If the scalp rest in rigth side, then hair thinning in this side woul be more difficult and vice versa. The key is the sebum flow. This is the case of Bombscience.
This is my theory, simplier than neurological difference.
Armando
More information
http://www.againstalopeciaandbaldness.com

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan

So seborreic alopecia is male pattern baldness. Is this another word for it, or is it in fact differecnt from ANDROGENETIC?

"It is possible to distinguish the clinical signs which prevent good results through the operation. These are patients whose hair becomes oily 12-18 hours after shampoo and where slight pulling of the hair causes a great number of them to become loose. "

Well that sounds like male pattern baldness to me, and that this operation would not Help.

Monkey Wrench, or a bull sh*t study.

G

Bob_Marley said:
Bryan

So seborreic alopecia is male pattern baldness. Is this another word for it, or is it in fact differecnt from ANDROGENETIC?

"It is possible to distinguish the clinical signs which prevent good results through the operation. These are patients whose hair becomes oily 12-18 hours after shampoo and where slight pulling of the hair causes a great number of them to become loose. "

Well that sounds like male pattern baldness to me, and that this operation would not Help.

Monkey Wrench, or a bull sh*t study.

I would have to say that I have seborrei alopecia. Before I started treatment and I was going through my first shed, i noticed that my hair was a shitload more oily. About a day after washing it, it started becoming oily again. Finally when i got on t/gel, it took several weeks for it to stop becoming oily so quickly. It still gets a little oily if i don't wash it for 2 days, but not nearly like the extreme oiliness like it did in the beginning. I mean back before i started t/gel my scalp would be so oil that if i touched it with my finger i could see the shine from the oil. Pretty nasty stuff.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, in the conclusions of the study New treatment of Seborrheic Alopecia: The ligature of the arteries of the scalp, also appear:
"…the arterial ligatures at the level of the scalp is atreatment of primary value in reducing the sebum production wich improves the cellular life of the dermis, epidermis and hair follicle".

Is the sebum the key?

Armando

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bob_Marley said:
Bryan

It's just an old-fashioned name for male pattern baldness. Medical terminology evolves over the years, and that's how it was referred to at that time.

Bryan