Right Side Receding Much Quicker, Why? Pics

venom123

My Regimen
Reaction score
My right side is receding much faster than my left side. There really isn't much recession on my left side. Also, hairline is uneven - it's normal on the left side and kinda curves in early on the right side before it reaches my temple and leaves a gap in between next to my right temple. I think I've got a weird cow's lick thing going on on the right side of my hairline.

In general, my hair is much thinner on the right side of my head. This includes the top of my head and the side. Why is that?

I'm not using any treatment and I don't want to use propecia/minoxidil. It's way too much hassle. I tried propecia once and it really killed my sex drive so I stopped using it a year ago.

Anyway, can you guys please explain what's going on? Why is my right side receding much quicker than my left? What does the future hold for my hair?

Me 1.5 years ago - http://i.imgur.com/pnCVZ4e.jpg
Me 2 years ago - https://i.imgur.com/KhrwEio.jpg
Me 2 years, 2 months ago - http://imgur.com/a/C6woD
Me - 2 years 9 months ago - http://i.imgur.com/T5SDGSj.jpg

I've always had to tilt my head to hide the right side because my hairline is uneven. You can kinda tell it's uneven, especially in the "2 years ago" pic.

Attachments

• IMG_9683.JPG
    IMG_9683.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 12,094
  • IMG_9682.JPG
    IMG_9682.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 28,968
  • IMG_9681.JPG
    IMG_9681.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 7,051
  • IMG_9680.JPG
    IMG_9680.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 9,856
  • IMG_9679.JPG
    IMG_9679.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 7,171
  • IMG_9678.JPG
    IMG_9678.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 6,099
  • IMG_9674.JPG
    IMG_9674.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 9,198
  • IMG_9673.JPG
    IMG_9673.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 8,865
  • IMG_9672.JPG
    IMG_9672.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 21,048
  • IMG_9671.JPG
    IMG_9671.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 13,349
Last edited:

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
its normal

my right side receded much earlier than left. now its catching up. happens to a lot of ppl

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see, so what do you think it'll look like in 2 years, 5 years, 10 years time without treatment?

What Norwood level am I now?

depends

how old r u now? how old did u first notice you losing your hair? whats your family history?

g.i joey

Reaction score
My right side temple area is definitely worst than my left side, it's pretty common in people with male pattern baldness. If I were you I'd consider hopping on finasteride.

venom123

My Regimen
Reaction score
depends

how old r u now? how old did u first notice you losing your hair? whats your family history?
Well I've always had the weird uneven hairline since I was a kid, but my hair was MUCH thicker back then. I noticed my hair starting to thin on top of my head, just in front of my crown during my first year of college.

So I first starting noticing it in 2012. I was 19 then and I'm 24 now.

My right side temple area is definitely worst than my left side, it's pretty common in people with male pattern baldness. If I were you I'd consider hopping on finasteride.

I tried finasteride and I lost all my sex drive and it was depressing. I was on it for a couple years and stopped last year and my sex drive came back again.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair looks ok. What age are you?

Bit of thinning.. reminds me of my hair. Finasteride probably do the trick for you to maintain for many yrs to come

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Most people will recede faster on right side than left. I am the same way. Just the way male pattern baldness tends to work. Maybe you sleep on your right side more than your left but as far as I know its mostly common for everyone to recede faster on your right than your left. This has been discussed by Dr Rassman on baldingblog.com. Your photo of your Husky pup triggered memories of when I had one too. He was the most incredible dog I have met. He actually understood me when I talked to him.

venom123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people will recede faster on right side than left. I am the same way. Just the way male pattern baldness tends to work. Maybe you sleep on your right side more than your left but as far as I know its mostly common for everyone to recede faster on your right than your left. This has been discussed by Dr Rassman on baldingblog.com. Your photo of your Husky pup triggered memories of when I had one too. He was the most incredible dog I have met. He actually understood me when I talked to him.

Haha yeah I no longer have him and miss him so much. I know the feeling!

I actually do only sleep on my right side!

How long do you think I have until I'm NW3 and then NW4 judging by the pics?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Haha yeah I no longer have him and miss him so much. I know the feeling!

I actually do only sleep on my right side!

How long do you think I have until I'm NW3 and then NW4 judging by the pics?
You could be a NW3 within a few years but no one can predict your final Norwood as it's unpredictable. Your family history on both sides is your best bet on deciding what your possible fate will be. What is your ethnicity out of curiosity?

livinginfear93

My Regimen
Reaction score

The majority (like 75%) recede faster on the right side. I'm actually the opposite and my left side receded first and my right side has almost zero recession. I want a scientific explanation for this!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
The majority (like 75%) recede faster on the right side. I'm actually the opposite and my left side receded first and my right side has almost zero recession. I want a scientific explanation for this!
The same reason why its very uncommon to be left handed. Genetics can play a role. Do you sleep mostly on your left or right side?

livinginfear93

My Regimen
Reaction score
The same reason why its very uncommon to be left handed. Genetics can play a role. Do you sleep mostly on your left or right side?

I'd say I sleep on both but maybe I flip to my left when I'm asleep. I'd say that's a pretty good way of putting it though. As a trained Norwood spotter I've noticed pretty much every actor is more receded on the right as well. I know this isn't what you meant but maybe there is actually a real correlation between those genes. My mom is a lefty and that is where we get our androgen receptors from. An enormous reach but it's interesting to speculate. I am ambidextrous.

venom123

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could be a NW3 within a few years but no one can predict your final Norwood as it's unpredictable. Your family history on both sides is your best bet on deciding what your possible fate will be. What is your ethnicity out of curiosity?

Within a few years? I.e 2-3 years?

I'm half Indian and half British. My moms dad was completely bald early and my dads dad was only bald on top. My dad is bald all over the top.