Riding the Rogaine wave.....

G

Hi Msgluv,

Sorry you're having a bad time!

I believe Mayalopecia's comment was correct, I also just wanted to comment with subsequent waxing, hair hypothetically wil grow back thinner and finer. I also think with waxing, the hair takes a bit longer to grow back then using a depilatory such as Nair because waxing pulls the hair out, including the root, thereas the Nair just removes the hair from the surface of the skin by dissolving the hair chemically.

Hope you have a great time! Don't think about any of this and just enjoy yourselves :)

Laura

G

Rozzy252 said:
Oh Laura, I do hear you on the waxing.... I have to wax my bikini line and have been doing it for years. Right now , I 'm bleaching above my lip and I'm looking into laser tx for under my chin... doesn't make sense. I have to shave my legs at least every two days and I'm growing free hair everywhere exept my scalp... :roll:

I know how you feel!

Ouch, waxing bikini line...I tried that once...never again! I think I will just stick to shaving. For some reason it feels more painful doing the bikini line area as opposed to any facial fuzz, I don't know why.

I'm glad its winter and we wear pants...that way I don't have to shave my legs :p But since it is perpetually almost Spring/Summer-like here in California, there are girls at school who are still wearing miniskirts, even if it's in the low 60s...some people are just slaves to fashion I suppose!

Let us know if you do the laser, and how it works out for you!

Laura

Anita

Reaction score
Hi Msgluv-

I would definitely recommend waxing over Nair. Not that Nair necessarily makes your hair grow back thicker, but waxing lasts longer and it does grow back finer. My sister has facial hair due to PCOS and she waxes her facial fuzz. At first she said it caused some breakouts (but so did Nair when did that, and even worse) but now she says it's fine. I know waxing is expensive but it is better to go get it done than try to deal with it at home-- bad results! I wish I still lived in Brazil (where I'm from) where waxing is so cheap. Women don't shave there, waxing is the most common method of hair removal!

Anita

msgluv

Reaction score
HI!
Thanks for the feedback! I feel better now! Maybe I'll let it grow back a bit, then wax. I don't know why I didn't come to the forum and ASK what was better FIRST! I live and learn!
Thanks again!

Maxine

Reaction score
I know what you mean. The sheds and the oiliness are the pits, ladies. My hair looked like H--L for the better part of the first 3 months of therapy but I didn't care. I wanted to regrow my hair so badly I could taste it...(well that would be nasty).
I listened to my doctor's orders and was totally a*** about applying my 5% minoxidil twice a day, whether I liked it or not. Trust me when I say it was worth looking bad for a few months. I'm now on my 6th month of minoxidil therapy which is also combined with azaelic acid, known to be a powerful anti-androgen. The top of my head and my temples have completely regrown hair! It is such a dramatic change that I have friends walk up to me who haven't seen me in a few months and say, "WOW!!! your hair looks great! It's gotten so thick!"
So, I'm here to encourage you. Please don't give up unless you have been using Rogaine for a year and nothing's happened or it is causing sores on your scalp or something. Greasy hair is a minor inconvenience. Think of it as conditioner! I am proof that if you hang in long enough, you WILL see results!
Sending hugs and grow well,
Maxine

G

rogaine side effects

My 70 year old mother has extremely thin hair. So I've been using 2% rogaine for 5 years with great results. But the last 6 mon. - 1 yr. I begin having anxiety and occasional chest pain on the left side. I went to the doctor twice. I actually forgot to mention rogaine since I've been using it so long without side effects. When my chest began to be continually sore, I thought to read the bottle label and discontinued use. My chest soreness is much better.

I wonder if I have any other options, besides hair loss, if I am no longer able to use Rogaine.

G

To Maxine

Hi Maxine,

I know you won't remember me, but we spoke via PM waaaay back before you started the minoxidil. I've read your posts with interests, and I'm so happy for you.

Unfortunately, my hair hasn't gotten better. If anything, it's gotten worse. Don't look bald or anything, but it's frightening how thin my hair feels when I scratch my head.

I want so badly to try your regimen. But I am terrified that it won't work for me and I'll lose even more hair. I know you can't tell me what to do, but were you afraid, too? And how did you get over the fear?

Also, do you have any before-and-after photos you could share? I'd love to see what your regimen has done for you--it might help convince me, too.

Thanks,

J

G

Hey There

Hey ladies,

I just started using Rogaine for almost a month now ... It really sucks that we all have to be in this boat. I have been feeling pretty down you know ... I hate that I feel like I have NO control. It helps alot to know that I am not alone. You ladies hang in there and thanks for being strong and posting you all help me feel better reading your posts and what not.
Good luck to ALL and I'll talk to ya again. Do any of you have any hair styling advice?? LOL I am the type that just puts on a bandanna and goes!

Thanks again ladies!!!

Tink :lol: