Richard Lee, M.D. - Legit?

ITR000

Reaction score
I recently placed and order with (see below) Richard Lee, M.D. and am wondering if these products are legitimate. I have been using DS Labs or approximately 1.5 years and am curious in knowing how Richard Lee's products will compare in my fight against male pattern baldness.

Richard Lee's Products:
-640 Xandrox 5% w/o Propylene Glycol
-205 Spironolactone Lotion 5% w/o Propylene Glycol

DS Labs Products:
-Spectral DNC
-Spectral DNC-L

Thanks in advance - :punk:

Jm0311

Reaction score
I believe he is to a point

He does have a business to run ya know...

ITR000

Reaction score
Jm0311 said:
I believe he is to a point

He does have a business to run ya know...

Understood, however what exactly does this mean... are his products legitimate? I often wondering if products such as DS Labs or Dr. Lee's are exposed to the same quality control and / or testing as Rogaine for example.

DS Labs vs. Dr. Lee's - ?

Jm0311

Reaction score
his products are exactly what the ingredients say they are....the testing/etc, no one will know that much info.

I would go with Dr.Lees minoxidil rather than DS Labs

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin , why do you buy minoxidil from Dr.Lee?

Is it cheaper?
Why not the common rogaine brand..

Petchsky

Reaction score
Allow me,

Cassin using DR Lees *500 brand as it dries super fast and the normal rogaine irritates his scalp.

He also likes to wear male G strings, but only on a Wednesday! :hairy:

ITR000

Reaction score
Since starting this regime (3 weeks), Xandrox (5% 640) and Sprionolactone (5% 205), I’ve noticed my hair thinning out. I am just wondering if this is normal. I have been on 5% Minoxidil (Spectral DNC-L) for 1.5 years prior to this and havent noticed this level of shedding. Could this be the introduction of the Sprionolactone? I have also noticed that after applying Sprionolactone I experience a bit of lightheadedness, is this normal?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Cassin, do you prefer Dr Lee's over Rogaine Foam? I was thinking of getting Lee's mioxidil but the foam goes on so clean and it dries so quick, acts like a thickening mousse and you can pick it up at practically any drugstore or pharmacy. The only advantage with the liquid is you can put it more on the scalp with the dropper whereas the foam is hard to put on when you have longer hair. I know you have used it for so long that you probably don't feel its necessary to change something that has worked. I guess if its not broke don't fix it.

Cassin

Reaction score
First off, Petchsky is correct. :whistle:

DoctorHouse...I use both the foam & Dr Lees but mainly Lees. I would say I favor Lees simply because the foam smells so bad & doesn't foam well in the summer heat/humidity.

Joey Ramone

Reaction score
ITR000 said:
Since starting this regime (3 weeks), Xandrox (5% 640) and Sprionolactone (5% 205), I’ve noticed my hair thinning out. I am just wondering if this is normal. I have been on 5% Minoxidil (Spectral DNC-L) for 1.5 years prior to this and havent noticed this level of shedding. Could this be the introduction of the Sprionolactone? I have also noticed that after applying Sprionolactone I experience a bit of lightheadedness, is this normal?

Excuse the low post count.

Give it a couple of months if all you've changed about your regimen is adding spironolactone cream. I'm guessing the dr lee's minoxidil would be on par with the sprectral stuff though I've not looked into them before.

Your hair shouldn't be 'thinning' though. Shedding is good which can give a thinned appearance but the hairs themselves shouldn't be heading towards vellus. Keep an eye it but it could just be the sign of good things to come. That's the unfortunate thing with these treatments. You have to go backwards before you can go forwards but one can't tell whether the shedding is a good sign or bad until a few months down the track.

Good luck.

Joey Ramone

Reaction score
By the way, Dr Lee seems like a cool cat. Send him the email for a free online consultation if you haven't already and be honest about using spectral and whatever else in the past. He gave me some good advice, though I haven't really followed any of it.

Even if he doesn't have all the answers, he seems as genuine as you'll find in this whole hair loss treatment thing.

Cassin

Reaction score
Joey Ramone said:
By the way, Dr Lee seems like a cool cat. Send him the email for a free online consultation if you haven't already and be honest about using spectral and whatever else in the past. He gave me some good advice, though I haven't really followed any of it.

Even if he doesn't have all the answers, he seems as genuine as you'll find in this whole hair loss treatment thing.

Agree 100%. I have always felt like he was being honest with me, same with Dr Pickart.

Yes he is a salesman but I do think he honestly believes in his products.

ITR000

Reaction score
Thank you for all the feedback, I appreciate it greatly. As for Dr. Lee I must say he has been great, I have e-mailed him on numerous occasions and he has always responded.

I will continue moving forward with his products, the only decision I have to make now is whether or not I am going to introduce LLLT into my regimen.