Revivogen questions...

Baller

Reaction score
All of this revivogen buzz interests me.

About me: I am on tricomin, xandrox 5% and 15%, spironolactone 5% (1x a day), and proscar cut into fourths. [btw, my hair count is improving, not just maintaining, with this treatment that I've been on for five months, so I am pleased with the results so far. Temples have been filling in slightly and hairline too]

QUESTIONS:
1) Would revivogen be a good investment at this period for me?
2) Would using it be beneficial in combination with spironolactone?
3) What is superfluous and should be dropped out of my regimen?
4) Should I up my application of spironolactone to twice a day?
5) IF revivogen is added to my regimen, then when do I put it on??

I am going to wait 3 more months until I have made my final judgment on my additions for the past five months of tricomin, xandrox 15% +5%, and spironolactone. Thanks for any input and help!

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1. No. I dont know about synergystic effects but I think that would be too many topicals. I am not that educated on revivogen.
If you are getting good results with the regimen you have I wouldn't change it. You know?
2. Don't know.
3.huh?
4. That would be good. Try it.
5.... thats a tough one. I would guess with tricomin but dont take my word on that.

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Im a revivogen user and while I do believe its working for me I would say it might be too much hassle adding it to you regimen for the following reasons

1) Its very greasy and takes 3 hours to absorb before you can use another topical so it would be alot of hassle factoring it in with the amount of other topicals you are using

2) It is reccomended to be applied at night (especially due to the condition it leaves your hair in)

3) Its not exactly cheap if money is an issue.

If you are having success with your current regimen then my personal advice is stick with it. Ive always viewed revivogen as a topical natural alternative to propecia.

hope that helps

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
DA and LB are right. If it is working, don't mess with it. Stick with your routine. There is no need to go ape on this stuff.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
I think Reviogen would be a good thing to use along with alot of other stuff. Never commented on Reviogen before because I don't use it but from all my reading of things that can help, it should have its "niche" if you know what I mean.

I'm getting regrowth from throwing the "kitchen sinK" at male pattern baldness. Not too much of any one thing but ALOT of stuff "now and then". There's always some treatment on the top of my head, or internally, but not the same thing all the time. It's working! (And I'm OLD for Godsakes.)

I just don't use any one thing everyday. I just vary it. So far so good. I even skip finasteride. and minoxidil. on a fairly regular basis. If I don't take finasteride. I take beta-sitosterol (saw palmetto extract type of stuff). I know, saw palmetto and beta sitosterol are "useless" according to alot of people but I just disagree.

There's so many regrowth agents it's ridiculous. Never knew that before coming to these hairsites.

You can get a good idea of regrowth agents from reading Dr. Proctor's website and (albeit "diametrically opposed" - LOL!) the stuff Jacob uses. I combine both and am very pleased so far.

As far as making your own stuff and understanding treatments, Bryan and Dave are two guys I pay attention to.

Unlike Jacob though, I make my own concoctions that include MANY of the ingredients he espouses. Either way though, I like many of those ingredients. Am I right in my conclusions? I have no idea.

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
yes its not really my place to put a gun to anyones norwood and tell them what to use or not to use - its up to the person in question but as a rev user I know what a hassle it can be to apply of all the topicals I use. Compliance to a treatment is as important as the treatment itselfI think- since its the main thing I use I dont mind but if I was having to put on all that other stuff and wait for rev to dry I can imagine it would be quite an ordeal.

Baller

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I hear you, compliance is a pain in the *** but it's not a problem for me because I'm young (almost 25) and deftly afraid of losing more hair, and even worse, looking terrible at the wedding I will hopefully have in the future.

Pure motivation keeps me on the compliance track. If I don't religiously put my topicals on and take my finasteride I won't have anything to complain about when I say that the treatments don't work. If I use all these topicals and finasteride and use them everyday, and then give them time to show effects, then I'm satisfied with what I'm doing to combat hairloss. Otherwise, I will always think "what if" I had done this or did that. It's scary to know that not using or using a particular drug may have a very high opportunity cost. I think I'll just wait it out until December to decide and then ask for y'all's input again.

The cost of revivogen is probably the biggest problem. I think I would have to drop at least one of these topicals to replace it with revivogen. $22/month for revivogen doesn't sound too bad but yearly that's $264 per year. After being on minoxidil for three years, I'm suspecting that I may be able to reduce the application to once a day and maintain the results I have seen. Thanks again for all your help!

SE-freak

Reaction score
Just by seeing their photografic assessment page on this site I get pissed off.

It would be better if they hadn't any.

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
i agree - the before and after shots are, quite frankly, embarrasing. I also had to get past the rather cheesy looking packaging to beleive this might actually work.

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
i recommend you not to do because since u have a formula that is working, why throw one more thing in. "dont fix things that are not broken." Rev wont add regrowth, it is blocking DHT and for maintenance only.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
lithebod said:
i agree - the before and after shots are, quite frankly, embarrasing.

HUH?? What's wrong with the before-and-after shots?

Bryan

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
I know, saw palmetto and beta sitosterol are "useless" according to alot of people but I just disagree.

Prior to my hair loss, I used beta sitosterol for prostate support, and I can tell you, it did work for me. I was skeptical, but there was no question. The difference was night and day. It also helps with stamina. I didn't expect that, but it does work. I have stopped using it since going on finasteride.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Baller said:
All of this revivogen buzz interests me.

About me: I am on tricomin, xandrox 5% and 15%, spironolactone 5% (1x a day), and proscar cut into fourths. [btw, my hair count is improving, not just maintaining, with this treatment that I've been on for five months, so I am pleased with the results so far. Temples have been filling in slightly and hairline too]

QUESTIONS:
1) Would revivogen be a good investment at this period for me?
2) Would using it be beneficial in combination with spironolactone?
3) What is superfluous and should be dropped out of my regimen?
4) Should I up my application of spironolactone to twice a day?
5) IF revivogen is added to my regimen, then when do I put it on??

I am going to wait 3 more months until I have made my final judgment on my additions for the past five months of tricomin, xandrox 15% +5%, and spironolactone. Thanks for any input and help!

1) Absolutely not.*
2) Maybe. See 5.
3) The Revivogen would be superfluous, because you're already using finasteride. If you wanted to replace the finasteride with topical fatty acids to avoid systemic side-effects, that would be another matter.
4) No known head-to-head comparisons of once vs. twice daily application of spironolactone.
5) Up to you. It could possibly enhance absorption of spironolactone, but I'm basing that on the free fatty acids alone. Don't know the specifics of the vehicle or other constituents in Revivogen.

In general, I don't like Revivogen because it's a ripoff to consumers, but in your case its use would be redundant because you're already using finasteride.

* Answer has little to do with whether or not Revivogen (esp. the fatty acids it includes) is effective. See number 3.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Bryan said:
lithebod said:

Bryan

They are childish, Bryan. Different angles, different lighting. In the after shots they have chosen an angle that hides frontal recession and shadows the thinning areas. It is obvious.

When I see something like that, I lose any respect for a product.

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

It think your regimen is great. Personally I don't recommend Revivoge. It didn't do anything for me and it's expensive. If still you wish to add something to your regimen use emu oil. I am not sure it has benefits on its own, but if you apply it let's say, at night, 15 or 30 minutes after xandrox, it will make it absorbed more. This emu is amazing. It penestrates into the skin and takes with it everything. so in a way it will anhance the effectiveness of the minoxidil. I highly recommend it.

Good luck!

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SE-freak said:
Bryan said:
lithebod said:

Bryan

They are childish, Bryan. Different angles, different lighting. In the after shots they have chosen an angle that hides frontal recession and shadows the thinning areas. It is obvious.

When I see something like that, I lose any respect for a product.

I don't think that before-and-after pictures of any type are useful, unless they are taken under extremely well-controlled conditions and published in peer-reviewed literature (which is still no guarantee).

Usually, the pictures people post on web sites are taken when the hair is at different lengths, and the angle, lighting, and distance, are all noticeably different as well. Each one of those variables is likely to have a greater effect on the appearance of hair than medical treatment, which isn't typically much greater than maintenance.

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using Revivogen for 7 months now. Before that I had used Propecia for a year, with success, but didn't like some of the subtle effects it had on me.

So far i think Revivogen compares pretty well with finasteride, although my comparison is purely intuitive and not scientific. Just looking at my hair.

One thing to bear in mind, at least in my case, is that my hair is cut really short (half a centimeter long). So the application of the lotion is fast and easy and I'm always pretty sure I've covered all areas without wasting it much on hair itself. I'm not sure this product would be that effective on longer hair, i don't know.

The drawback of Revivogen is that, just like minoxidil, it does make your hair and scalp feel greasy for a while before it gets dry, especially when your hair is as short as mine.

Also this product has an brown/orange color that makes your scalp looks different where you apply it. Now that's a big drawback if your hair is short like mine and you've got a pale complexion...

mon

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
lithebod said:

Bryan

Now that I think of it, maybe their pictures are genuine. Honestly, the thickening of my hair all over has been unbelievable. I am just hoping it stays that way as long as I maintain using it.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jack2 said:
Dave, why do you say its a ripoff? do you think its a scam or just overpriced?

My most recent post to thsi thread was nearly two months ago. Please quote the relevant context.