Revivogen questions...

jack2

Reaction score
Baller wrote:
All of this revivogen buzz interests me.

About me: I am on tricomin, xandrox 5% and 15%, spironolactone 5% (1x a day), and proscar cut into fourths. [btw, my hair count is improving, not just maintaining, with this treatment that I've been on for five months, so I am pleased with the results so far. Temples have been filling in slightly and hairline too]

QUESTIONS:
1) Would revivogen be a good investment at this period for me?
2) Would using it be beneficial in combination with spironolactone?
3) What is superfluous and should be dropped out of my regimen?
4) Should I up my application of spironolactone to twice a day?
5) IF revivogen is added to my regimen, then when do I put it on??

I am going to wait 3 more months until I have made my final judgment on my additions for the past five months of tricomin, xandrox 15% +5%, and spironolactone. Thanks for any input and help!

1) Absolutely not.*
2) Maybe. See 5.
3) The Revivogen would be superfluous, because you're already using finasteride. If you wanted to replace the finasteride with topical fatty acids to avoid systemic side-effects, that would be another matter.
4) No known head-to-head comparisons of once vs. twice daily application of spironolactone.
5) Up to you. It could possibly enhance absorption of spironolactone, but I'm basing that on the free fatty acids alone. Don't know the specifics of the vehicle or other constituents in Revivogen.

In general, I don't like Revivogen because it's a ripoff to consumers, but in your case its use would be redundant because you're already using finasteride.

* Answer has little to do with whether or not Revivogen (esp. the fatty acids it includes) is effective. See number 3.

Why do you think its a ripoff dave? and why do you call it redundant if already useing propecia? surley there is benefit from a multi angle approach?

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jack2 said:
Dave001 said:
1) Absolutely not.*
2) Maybe. See 5.
3) The Revivogen would be superfluous, because you're already using finasteride. If you wanted to replace the finasteride with topical fatty acids to avoid systemic side-effects, that would be another matter.
4) No known head-to-head comparisons of once vs. twice daily application of spironolactone.
5) Up to you. It could possibly enhance absorption of spironolactone, but I'm basing that on the free fatty acids alone. Don't know the specifics of the vehicle or other constituents in Revivogen.

In general, I don't like Revivogen because it's a ripoff to consumers, but in your case its use would be redundant because you're already using finasteride.

* Answer has little to do with whether or not Revivogen (esp. the fatty acids it includes) is effective. See number 3.

Why do you think its a ripoff dave? and why do you call it redundant if already useing propecia? surley there is benefit from a multi angle approach?

1) Because of the markup on the ingredients.

2) Because you'd be using a product whose main benefit is thought to be 5 alpha-reductase inhibition, when the enzyme is already effectively inhibited.

Britannia

Reaction score
Dave001 said:
jack2 said:
Dave001 said:
1) Absolutely not.*
2) Maybe. See 5.

1) Because of the markup on the ingredients.

2) Because you'd be using a product whose main benefit is thought to be 5 alpha-reductase inhibition, when the enzyme is already effectively inhibited.

Actually finasteride is very ineffective in inhibiting DHT. In fact is has been reported it only inhibits something like 38%, which seems to be above a threshold to help hair loss. Using a topical DHT inhibitor alongside a systemic one seems a reasonable approach to me. I use Nizoral for its mild anti-androgen properties alongside my Propecia, as many people do.

jack2

Reaction score
Dave001, Yes but dutasteride inhibits more dht than finasteride and shows better results. surely adding more 5r inhibition would show better results. isnt the finasteride/dutasteride comparision proof of this?

casualty

Reaction score
I think it made my situation worse---especially around the hairline. I went through 6 bottles of it, and not only was it very greasy, but my scalp was red and sore for much of it. I also shed constantly on it. It seems to help others though.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Britannia said:
Actually finasteride is very ineffective in inhibiting DHT. In fact is has been reported it only inhibits something like 38%, which seems to be above a threshold to help hair loss. Using a topical DHT inhibitor alongside a systemic one seems a reasonable approach to me. I use Nizoral for its mild anti-androgen properties alongside my Propecia, as many people do.

That's far from the truth. One mg per day of finasteride inhibits most of the type II isoform of 5alpha-reductase, which is the predominate -- if not only -- isoform in the dermal papilla.