[revived] CB lab tests

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, the thread went lost in the forum platform upgrade, so I'll try to summarize the conclusions here:

I had 2 NMR tests (in liquid, with multiple spectra) done, respectively on Wuhan Hengheda Pharm (WHP) batch #20151228 and Kane batch #20151230.

Results: both are proper CB; WHP with < 1% impurities, Kane's with ~3% impurities. (rough estimation, as NMR is not the best test to measure impurities).

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Hilbert, how did you go about contacting Wuhan Hengheda Pharm? I tried through Alibaba but didn't get a response. Wanna try them since they have form 3 and their price isnt that bad compared to others.

Hows it still going on cb for you?

Joshuk

Reaction score
just bought 10 grams for $840 shipped to the uk, about $100 cheaper than kane email sanny at hhdpharm05@outlook.com

payment is western union hplc is 99% pure form 3 and i will do a third party test aswell

also they have setipirant for $750 for 100 grams. think WHP might be a good alternative to kane

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Hilbert, how did you go about contacting Wuhan Hengheda Pharm? I tried through Alibaba but didn't get a response. Wanna try them since they have form 3 and their price isnt that bad compared to others.

Hows it still going on cb for you?

it's OT here, anyway: at 3,5 months at ~50mg/day I started being convinced that I was maintaining / slightly improving.
Then, a (hopefully seasonal) effluvium started, and I think it will take its toll. I'm shedding ~60-80 shafts per day, mostly terminal hair, from male pattern baldness and non-male pattern baldness areas.
Let's hope it stops and I can go back to the previous pace.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it's OT here, anyway: at 3,5 months at ~50mg/day I started being convinced that I was maintaining / slightly improving.
Then, a (hopefully seasonal) effluvium started, and I think it will take its toll. I'm shedding ~60-80 shafts per day, mostly terminal hair, from male pattern baldness and non-male pattern baldness areas.
Let's hope it stops and I can go back to the previous pace.

How is your shedding now Hilbert?

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
How is your shedding now Hilbert?

it's sh*t. 40 days and increasing. more from non-male pattern baldness areas than male pattern baldness area. mostly thick shafts.
although it happened on finasteride as well, i'm worried because i'm on an unexplored ground.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it's sh*t. 40 days and increasing. more from non-male pattern baldness areas than male pattern baldness area. mostly thick shafts.
although it happened on finasteride as well, i'm worried because i'm on an unexplored ground.

Upping the dose to 75mg wont help?

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Mayne another vehicle?

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
Mayne another vehicle?

although subconsciously I'm terrified, I need to act rational:
as I said, I'm shedding alot from non-male pattern baldness areas. There I'm not applying anything, so there's no CB to dose up.
Also, surprisingly, the areas where I shed less is in my mid-vertex male pattern baldness area, where I have native hair which I'm trying to defend with CB.

The only med which is able to stop effluvia is high-dose of potent corticosteroids.
But, if this is an "innocent" Telogen Effluvium, it will resolve spontaneously.

My fear is not from the shedding, but by the post-finasteride shedding horror stories: lots of thin & vellus hair from male pattern baldness areas leaving in a short time.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
although subconsciously I'm terrified, I need to act rational:
as I said, I'm shedding alot from non-male pattern baldness areas. There I'm not applying anything, so there's no CB to dose up.
Also, surprisingly, the areas where I shed less is in my mid-vertex male pattern baldness area, where I have native hair which I'm trying to defend with CB.

The only med which is able to stop effluvia is high-dose of potent corticosteroids.
But, if this is an "innocent" Telogen Effluvium, it will resolve spontaneously.

My fear is not from the shedding, but by the post-finasteride shedding horror stories: lots of thin & vellus hair from male pattern baldness areas leaving in a short time.

The shedding in non male pattern baldness weird. Well not weird if its near the neck.
How long are you gain remain taking it?

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
The shedding in non male pattern baldness weird. Well not weird if its near the neck.

no, not strange at all. It's common in telogen effluvia. Which are a common phenomenon, when catagen phases sync for some reason.
I had it always, from time to time, while on any treatment; and always resolved it spontaneously.

The nape is fine.

How long are you gain remain taking it?

uh?

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
btw, although I'm currently panicking for my Telogen Effluvium, I owe a word of wisdom after 25 years fighting on male pattern baldness, for the newbies.
Also as a reminder for myself.

Shedding might mean either tragedy or nothing in terms of male pattern baldness progression. It all depends on when, where, how much, and what type of hair shafts.
There is an awful lot of follicle biology behind, and at least make sure you understand the difference between effluvium and defluvium.

So, the worse thing we can do when assessing a med, especially an experimental one, is to use shedding as a criterion in the short term. (unless the med is a potent corticosteroid, of course).
You might be shedding a lot and think that the med is not working and drop it; and maybe it was just a Telogen Effluvium and the med was actually working. => False negative.
You might be shedding very little and think that the med is working and go on; and maybe your follicles were miniaturizing, and you were shedding fine, undetectable hair, and male pattern baldness was progressing because the med was not working. => False positive.

That's why many months and strong tranquility are always needed.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Have you or anybody else on this forum ever thought of taking 2x 50mg like in the Cosmo trials?

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
Just curious OP: where did you get your third party test? What should we look for if we want to conduct a test ourselves? Simply look for random labs providing the service and mail a sample to them?

I think this is also on the mind of a lot of guys here since we public forum members are not so familiar with this testing procedure.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
Just curious OP: where did you get your third party test? What should we look for if we want to conduct a test ourselves? Simply look for random labs providing the service and mail a sample to them?

I think this is also on the mind of a lot of guys here since we public forum members are not so familiar with this testing procedure.

you will become familiar... look for [H-]NMR at local labs or, even better, unis.
and, moreover, try to establish a good relationship with the chem guy in charge of your tests.

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
you will become familiar... look for [H-]NMR at local labs or, even better, unis.
and, moreover, try to establish a good relationship with the chem guy in charge of your tests.
Just came across your post in another thread hilbert. You said you had FT-IR test of both Kane's and Wuhan's CB and they were different.

Were you talking about the same batches(WHP batch #20151228 and Kane batch #20151230) of this thread? So the difference was due to impurities and both sources actually turned out fine?

I just wanna double check. Thanks!

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
Just came across your post in another thread hilbert. You said you had FT-IR test of both Kane's and Wuhan's CB and they were different.

Were you talking about the same batches(WHP batch #20151228 and Kane batch #20151230) of this thread? So the difference was due to impurities and both sources actually turned out fine?

I just wanna double check. Thanks!

I explained this, but went lost in the platform update.
the differences were in the powder forms, but once dissolved those two samples were 99% pure CB.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
can't remember if I've reported this in some thread here; anyway: stability tests of CB in alcohol 95%:
- 1 week at room temp, no changes in CB
- 1 month at room temp, new signals in the NMR spectrum: part of the CB (approx 10-15%) degraded into something else (21-a-p)

The lab guy told me that acid & watery environments cause quick esterification.
So: avoid (too much) water, make weekly or bi-weekly batches (if stored in the fridge).

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
can't remember if I've reported this in some thread here; anyway: stability tests of CB in alcohol 95%:
- 1 week at room temp, no changes in CB
- 1 month at room temp, new signals in the NMR spectrum: part of the CB (approx 10-15%) degraded into something else (21-a-p)

The lab guy told me that acid & watery environments cause quick esterification.
So: avoid (too much) water, make weekly or bi-weekly batches (if stored in the fridge).

Hilbert, can i ask you a private question regarding CB (mine will arrive in the next 10 days)? I can't seem to start conversations as a junior member. Can you start a conversation with. Would love to get some advice. Thanks!

fisher

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello Hilbert, do you stil have your NMR report, can you send it to me?
I bought some CB from alibaba and I want to test it, but the lab guy said he need a report to compare.