Revita - Scared but holding on

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
omgwtfbbq said:
hair_tomorrow said:
I've heard tell that Revita has been reformulized somewhat - with higher dose percentages of the ingredients. I still have a few months worth of the original stock - but those buying new bottles these days should note a difference (except for the actual bottle :)

any confirmation on this?

Granted, I just started a new bottle that I've had under the sink for a month, but I'd love to check to see if this is a "new improved" version. I really like the stuff.

I looked for the original post over at Regrowth but couldn't find it. Basically, one of the guys had just purchased a new bottle and noticed the color and smell were slightly different. He contacted someone at Customer Service who informed him about the new formulation. That's all I've ever heard on the matter.

Iowaya

Reaction score
A quick update. I opened my new bottle, it's definitaly some new formula. It smells better, tingles more on my head, and this bottle came wrapped in plastic, my last one wasn't. So yea, I'm guessing hair_tommorrow is right.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Iowaya said:
. . . So yea, I'm guessing hair_tommorrow is right.

First time for everything . . .
:)
:punk:

fastv8

Reaction score
I started this thread HOW long ago, and am amazed that it's still going! I used Revita from 2/25/07 to 3/17/07. After that I stopped. Then in mid-July I started using Dr. Proctor's Proxiphen-N (NANO without minoxidil) and have not stopped that. However, my hair has gotten considerably thinner, and continues to thin. I have been mixing Dr. Lee's Xandrox 5% with Prox-N, without any sides so far. We'll see what happens.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Dr. P's stuff gets a lot of good press.

Don't go by me - but I used Prox-N for over a year (in combo w/ minoxidil) and Nano shampoo for over a year. In my case they didn't do anything. I'll go as far as to say the Nano aided in some thickening - but didn't help w/ loss or regrowth.

Getting back to Revita - been using that 4 - 5 x weekly since March (almost 9 months) - and no geat positive reports there either.

Still, there aren't that many shampoos out there geared toward hairloss. So, I'll still use the top popular ones (nizoral 2%, revita, nano, alpecin c1) until something better comes along.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been using nothing but Revita for 2.5 months now by itself, have been using it since last Feb.

I'm not even taking nutritional supplements these days..

No fallout that I see except maybe a very little. No scalp itch like I had before I went on Propecia, and later Avodart. My ejaculate is back to looking normal though. It was yellow and runny whenver I was on those two drugs.

I'm very poor now but I won't be going back to hair loss drugs, especially since Revita seems to be working. I will throw the kitchen sink at my hair when i can afford it.

Only problem is ketoconazole shampoo really takes the oil out of your hair (I'm guessing out of your scalp too, which is I'm guessing how it works, by flushing out the DHT with the sebum)....so, I would advise using it in the afternoon or evening, giving your hair some time to build up oilyness for the next day, otherwise your hair will look like sh-t.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
omgwtfbbq said:
[quote="hair_tomorrow":1oj9psd7]I've heard tell that Revita has been reformulized somewhat - with higher dose percentages of the ingredients. I still have a few months worth of the original stock - but those buying new bottles these days should note a difference (except for the actual bottle :)

any confirmation on this?

Granted, I just started a new bottle that I've had under the sink for a month, but I'd love to check to see if this is a "new improved" version. I really like the stuff.

I looked for the original post over at Regrowth but couldn't find it. Basically, one of the guys had just purchased a new bottle and noticed the color and smell were slightly different. He contacted someone at Customer Service who informed him about the new formulation. That's all I've ever heard on the matter.[/quote:1oj9psd7]

It does smell better and look different. It's less work site worker orange and more like....whitey orange....like there is more stuff in it or something like that.

It does come wrapped in tight plastic now.

I ordered from Fabao Canada on Monday and it was here in Niagara, Ontario on Friday.....which is sweet because I ran out Tuesday. Costs 45 dollars Cdn incl. shipping.

I am really liking the new Revita.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Good to hear. I'm pretty close to finishing up my 2nd bottle (original formula). Looking forward to the "new & improved" stuff. Maybe in about a month or so.