review of 4 different suppliers during pandemic

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello guys

with the shortage of lace pieces due to covid, and the poor quality of products these days, I have tried 4 different suppliers and thought of sharing my opinions/reviews. I am in no way affiliated with any of these suppliers, nor am I getting anything in return. Just sharing.

I have been wearing for about 4 years now, and usually get my pieces from Superhairpieces. My last custom order from them was just awful, had to return piece twice as they hadn't followed color instructions. They added hair but knotting was poor, so I thought it was time to try out others. I have been researching online for lace pieces, in my color (1b80, ideally synthetic grey). I was able to find stock lace and ordered a custom piece with lordhair ( as they didn’t have stock, but wanted to test them out, given numerous post about them here)

this is what I ordered from the 4 suppliers:

Lordhair: custom super fine swiss lace, 1b80, with synthetic grey distribution, med-light density %100, $229US (298.00 Cad) with discount for first order

Superhairpieces, stock M116M 7"x9" Swiss Lace, Poly side-Back, 1b80, synthetic grey, preorder, 280 cad

Uniwigs, all swiss lace, 1b80, 90 density, size 7×9, human grey hair ( didn't have synthetic in-stock). 288US or 372Cad . I was told that Uniwings is same as Lavivid and Goodwardhair is their wholesaler.

Leoohair, Full swiss lace, 7x9, #1b80(80% synthetic hair), density 100%, cc shape, 250US (331cad). they contacted me out of the blue via messenger...I guess during my research for suppliers they got my contact via facebook whatever...

attached are some pics of the units, along with my review. ( 1 = poor 5= best) refer to footnotes for clarifications

1635706246756.png

Overall average LH 4.0 SHP 4.1 UNI 4.4 LEO 4.0

Average does not reflect importance of some factors…example a pretty packaging box does not have same weight as hair piece density…. to trying to keep thing simple…

a) Leoohair website has basic info, had to contact to confirm density, base type, etc..

b) communications done via messenger, seemed sketchy, ie paypal payment, but turned out OK

c) lordhair: had to order custom piece. was supposed to be 8 to 12 weeks, delivered in 11 weeks, all other were stock pieces delivered within 2 weeks

d) superhairpieces stock piece had to be pre-ordered, 4 months delivery, basically same as custom, but is stock..supply issues

e) uniwigs only had human grey, which results in a darker 1b80, all other pieces have synthetic grey, so they say. I have not done the burn test yet to confirm human or synthetic hair.

f) Lordhair gets a 5 only because front has 100% grey, as I requested, so black knots not showing.

Other notes:

Lordhair custom piece, excess lace was cut off ?? . I prefer to cut my own, as I do my cut ins, and pin the piece to mannequin head…Also lordhair did not follow size instruction, unit is short 1.5 inches on width, reason for poor order accuracy. Have contacted support , no answers yet… maybe I should have a customer support criteria above…to be followed…

So in summary, for low cost pieces, quality is about the same regardless of supplier. As per origin address from courier, they all came for China.. Quality is about identical and seems to have picked up, but I have not worn them yet, so no idea of shedding, longevity. Lordhair really messed up my order with size, but being subjective and fair here, my post is about hairpiece quality.

Hope this post is helpful for you. I am of the opinion that this forum should openly discuss and review suppliers products.

In my case, it confirms that regardless of supplier, product are similar. I will most likely continue with my usual supplier, as long as they can keep up with inventory... I was quite impressed with uniwigs and leeohair. Nice to have reliable alternatives.

Attachments

• 20211030.jpg
    20211030.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 20211030_124212.jpg
    20211030_124212.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 20211030_124532.jpg
    20211030_124532.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 20211030_130051.jpg
    20211030_130051.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 20211030_130119.jpg
    20211030_130119.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 20211030_130202 (2).jpg
    20211030_130202 (2).jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 20211030_130217.jpg
    20211030_130217.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

timn420

Reaction score
Thanks for putting this all together and trying out different suppliers! That's really helpful to hear about your experiences and to see that they were all pretty decent, especially for those of us who just started. I've only used SHP for stock, but I want to get a custom piece so I may try another option, seeing what you went through with them.

Are you having them cut the base or was that just for Lordhair? How did you get to the point of doing your own cut ins? That's like the missing link for me since I'm going the salon route for now.

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would love for you to update this as you wear them to give us an idea on shedding, longevity, etc.

Thanks for sharing.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for putting this all together and trying out different suppliers! That's really helpful to hear about your experiences and to see that they were all pretty decent, especially for those of us who just started. I've only used SHP for stock, but I want to get a custom piece so I may try another option, seeing what you went through with them.

Are you having them cut the base or was that just for Lordhair? How did you get to the point of doing your own cut ins? That's like the missing link for me since I'm going the salon route for now.
You're welcome. Lordhair got back to me this morning saying they always cut extra lace, unless specified otherwise.. as for SHP, I only had quality issue with custom during pandemic. And their delays are also long. So do consider them. This time around, I used lordhair for a custom, and had issues ( width too short) so always a gamble

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would love for you to update this as you wear them to give us an idea on shedding, longevity, etc.

Thanks for sharing.
Will do, but may take some time.... up to one year...stocked up good now LOL

Last edited:

Soren123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you order grey at front to dye it darker later? I thought grey hairs couldn't be dyed.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you order grey at front to dye it darker later? I thought grey hairs couldn't be dyed.
No, I order it grey (synthetic) at front hairline so knots of the 20% black hair don't show...

Last edited:

Soren123

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I order it grey (synthetic) at front hairline so knot of the 20% black hair dont show...

I notice lord hair has that problem with 1b. Seems like another round of bleaching (which could destroy the knots) or dyeing it from blonde to brown is the only solution.

I haven't yet tried uniwigs though. Do they have the same dark knot problem?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I notice lord hair has that problem with 1b. Seems like another round of bleaching (which could destroy the knots) or dyeing it from blonde to brown is the only solution.

I haven't yet tried uniwigs though. Do they have the same dark knot problem?
hi Soren123
here is a pic of the hairline for Uniwigs. Actually , all 4 vendor knots are not big. Because it is swiss lace, I believe they can't do double knots. Also at hairline, they most likely take one strand of hair per knot, whereas the back, sides, may have more strands of hair, making the root knot bigger.

Attachments

• 20211103_120436.jpg
    20211103_120436.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 132

Soren123

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi Soren123
here is a pic of the hairline for Uniwigs. Actually , all 4 vendor knots are not big. Because it is swiss lace, I believe they can't do double knots. Also at hairline, they most likely take one strand of hair per knot, whereas the back, sides, may have more strands of hair, making the root knot bigger.

Looks great. I wish my 1b hairline looked like that. As is, it's unwearable with hair up because of the dots. I will need to either risk bleaching those knots and having the hair fall out or dye a blonde hair to 1b and hope I don't stain the lace. Neither solution is that easy, but no choice.

Also thinking about getting the 100% density Swiss lace from uniwigs and see how that goes but I'm worried I'll still get black dots with 1b color. Single knot or double knot, they will show, no?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
most suppliers offer bleached knot at front. check it out.
double knot obviously would show more. but single knot, with one strand of hair, less....

Soren123

My Regimen
Reaction score
most suppliers offer bleached knot at front. check it out.
double knot obviously would show more. but single knot, with one strand of hair, less....

I requested bleached knots but the knots still show. Maybe lord hair just sucks at it.