Resveratrol & Curcumin

Maelstrom

Established Member
Reaction score
Been reading a bit about these supplements and it seems that although they can be difficult to absorb they can be effective anti-inflamatories and maybe other things as well.

There's quite a bit of talk on other hair loss forums but is anyone here using resveratrol and/or curcumin?

How are you getting along with it?

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
I use turmeric in a hell of a lot of stuff, it is delicious. Screw the health benefits, learn to use this spice because it will improve your quality of life through more delicious food.

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
Brains Expel Hair said:
I use turmeric in a hell of a lot of stuff, it is delicious. Screw the health benefits, learn to use this spice because it will improve your quality of life through more delicious food.

I have read on this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Anticancer-New-Li ... 0670020346

that you have to mix turmeric with black pepper and a bit of oil for it to have any effect. I am sure he referred to oral turmeric but it makes sense to mix it with oil as topical, too.

When researchers in Taiwan tried treating cancerous tumors with turmeric delivered in capsules they discovered that it was very poorly absorbed by the digestive system. In fact, when it is not mixed with pepper - as it always has been in curry - turmeric does not pass the intestinal barrier. Pepper multiplies the body's absorption of turmeric by two thousand!!

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I mix my 95% turmeric (curcumin) extract along with some plain turmeric, MCT and palm oil, and pepper extract (piperine or bioperine.) Not only does this preparation greatly increase bioavailability, but MCT oil has the ability to cross the blood-brain-barrier, and palm oil will keep the mixture from oxidation.

I'll sometimes take the curcumin mixture along with 99% 1.5 micron resveratrol, green tea and grape seed extract. However, the jury is still out on whether consuming quercetin along with resveratrol is an overall good idea.

Other times I will add CoQ10 along with some d-limonene and a choline source for enhanced absorption. This should rival ubiqunol for effectiveness at a much cheaper pricepoint, especially good for those over 50yo.

CCS

Reaction score
Maelstrom said:
Been reading a bit about these supplements and it seems that although they can be difficult to absorb they can be effective anti-inflamatories and maybe other things as well.

I read that resveratrol is absorbed much better if taken with curcumin. There is a patent for this.

Maelstrom

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the links, resveratrol and curcumin look really promising. The big question is can we absorb enough to make a difference though?

doggfather

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been taking Bioforte Resveratrol and curcumin that has bioperine (black pepper) for better absorption for the past 2 years and my hairline has continued to recede. I still take it though for potential health benefits.

doggfather

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually I've been off of Propecia for about 1.5 years now as it really wasn't helping my receding hairline so I changed my regimen part of my profile to reflect what I am currently using.

miljenka35

Reaction score
How exactly does resveratrol work for hair loss? We have a bottle of that at home and my dad's been taking it but it seems for me that there are no improvements?? How is this so?