Results with no masturbation. Also, giving it a 2nd try-Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simptom

Reaction score
I decided to start a new thread because this reply to Beast's thread has turned into a monster. I also want there to be my own personal thread to document my experience with what I'm about to try.

Look, I'd have to say based on personal experience that masturbation does most likely affect D.H.T. levels in ones body. What I'm about to say is completely anecdotal, but I have been watching the condition of my hair since I was nineteen or twenty like a hawk.

I tested out this theory a few months ago to see if there's any validity to it. I'd have to say there is. Firstly, I want to establish that I have a very high sex drive, I can masturbate up to three or four times a day if I like. I usually limit it to once or twice a day every two to three days, but frankly I'd like to go until I "can't go no more".

Secondly, I have a lot of body hair coming in and I will most likely be covered in hair at some point. I can say that after one of my marathon masturbation sessions that I can literally see the area where my hair comes out dilating after I masturbate (it noticeably swells and becomes flush). It will remain that way for a day or two. Also, when I masturbate too frequently I notice I experience rapid periods of vellus hair changing to terminal hair quicker than when I don't masturbate. I do not experience this anywhere as quickly when I do not masturbate for extended periods of time.

I want to go into hair count after showering when I am masturbating on a regular basis, on an excessive basis, and when I am not for more than two weeks.

I counted my hairs before I stopped masturbating for three weeks. I was masturbating once or twice every two or three days and I was losing about twenty five to thirty five hairs a day in the shower. When I masturbated upwards of three to four times a day every day or every other day (I know it sounds insane, but I wanted to see how sensitive to D.H.T. I am) as I am currently doing, I am experiencing a much more significant shed of up to thirty five to forty five hairs a day (in the shower).

When I stopped masturbating for three weeks here's what I experienced: by day three I felt like I needed to bone a random woman and I was extremely agitated and aggressive, overly so. I also had an intense sensation of well being the entire time from about day four onward. My body hair (more specifically the area around the hair follicle) was not flush or inflamed like it appeared to be (which is normally indicative of new hair growth) after masturbating on a regular basis. The shed count went down to ten to fifteen! It was like this consistently from about week two onward and the number of hairs shed had very little variation from that two week mark.

Look, there are studies you can even check out online that say testosterone levels (and by extension, D.H.T.) spike like crazy for a few hours after ejaculation. There are some reputable doctors and minor studies being done that are beginning to show that masturbation may be linked to contributing to hair loss (just like how they think weight lifting is now having an affect on hair loss even though before that notion was completely dismissed). I firmly believe that some people are just extremely genetically susceptible to androgenic alopecia than others. I even feel my hair tingle on my scalp after ejaculation, this is not in my head either. My body hair rim (where my hair is advancing into new territory on my body) tingles as well after ejaculation. I experience a sense of deep depression after orgasm as well for absolutely no reason.

I think my hormones go completely out of whack for a few hours after I masturbate and that my testosterone and D.H.T. levels must sky rocket. I had a testosterone test done and it was on the higher end of the normal range (700, I forget what the unit of measurement is, but I know the normal range is like 300-800). I highly suspect it goes out of control after a series of excessive masturbation. I can say after that three week or so mark I reduced my habit to once a week on the same day and I maintained the same level of shedding (ten to fifteen) as I did as when I had completely stopped. There has to be hormonal balancing issues at work here as well.

I can say too that, like clockwork, I am prone to developing a breakout when I masturbate on a regular basis as opposed to when I don't masturbate for more than a week. When I don't masturbate for more than a week my skin looks much healthier and it is completely free of blemishes.

I am going to attempt to refrain from sexual activity for three months to see if not masturbating yields any results. I will post pictures as well in the end (if I can make it that long). Pray I don't get into a fight or impregnate anybody because I get insanely aggressive when I don't have any release.

I have to say that I'm not expecting much or anything at all, but if my hair stops shedding like it is now (because I'm back to three times a day) then I can say at least for myself refraining from sexual activity does work to a degree.

I also want to add that I am a proponent of the idea that healthy (aerobic) exercise and eating can help stave off M.P.B. however slightly. Again, this is completely anecdotal, but when I eat healthy, organic, foods and very little red meat I notice that I shed way less than I normally do. It may just be me thinking it has an effect, but I'm convinced this has a part to play. You have to think, with all the plastics and their estrogenizing effects, with all of the hormones pumped into livestock, that these chemicals, organic and nonorganic, are contributing to the uptake in hair loss around the world!

A final thought: You know, some people's bodies are just simply more vulnerable to hormonal changes than others. I have an extremely fast metabolism which probably contributes to the break down of testosterone into D.H.T., I can gain significant muscle mass in a freakishly short amount time (stopped working out years ago out of fear of too early onset hair loss), I have body hair coming in where no body hair should be allowed to exist on a human being, my face is extremely masculine; all of these factors strongly point to my being too genetically responsive to hormones. I think there's something to be said about masturbation having a significant effect on hair loss in people like me whose bodies are overly sensitive to hormones.

I'll be extremely busy with school guys this semester so I won't have to think too much about sex. I do have good will power as well. I'll try to keep up with this thread on a month to month basis describing everything to do with abstaining from masturbation from the hair loss end to the psychological and other physiological effects it has on me. I'll try to do so with pictures as well. I am currently a Norwood 2 with possible very, very early thinning in back (hard to really tell because I've always had fine hair). You can find pictures of my hair in two previous posts that I made in the general forums.

On a side note I decided that I won't go on finasteride until I can say I am definitively thinning in back or if my hair line recedes quicker than I anticipate in the next few months. The stories with shedding and losing more hair than one starts with are really saying to me that I should wait until I experience diffusion in my crown or hair line.

I have to say, I really wish that despite that I know I'm a pretty good looking guy that I wish I weren't so vain. It's really a result of my insecurity and at often times very poor self esteem. I am for the most part one of those A-type personalities and I wish I didn't care like other A-types that just shave their heads and go on with their lives.

It sucks, but more and more I don't think I'm minding the fact that I'll eventually be bald because most men do at some point in their lives. I'm finally doing constructive things in my life and trying to get ahead by going back to school and really, I feel as long as I do what I can to try and slow the progression, that when the day comes and I'm losing the fight that I won't really care too much. I'd want my hair just like anyone else would, but I'm realizing there's more to life than hair and having youthful looks. Besides, as far as looks go, clothing does make the man! Look at Billy Zane! However, what really counts in life is drive and charisma, no matter how you look. Charisma alone can get someone really far in life!

Wish me luck. I'll need your support guys!

Mjotter

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck on this. I tried to do abstain for at least a month but I failed yesterday. Now that I think about it...I did notice that when I shampooed my hair, I saw less strands of hair on my hand but I'm not sure if I can attribute that to not masturbating.

I will try to do this again for at least a month and see if there are any results or at least cut down to once a week.

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
I too see significantly more hairs shedding in the shower after a week of strenuous masturbation.

cuebald

Reaction score
I've not noticed any effect whatsoever when it comes to masturbation and male pattern baldness (or, indeed, anything else hormone related.)
I don't seem that sensitive to male hormones (hardly any body hair, feminine face, lightly built) yet I'm still a NW4. Wonder how that works out.

Simptom

Reaction score
This is an update after one week. I'm not so sure about updating every week, I will not post anything from the log I've been keeping until the one month mark.

That being said, I have been seeing a relative decrease in the amount of hair I've been shedding.

The psychological effects; ha! I'm posting now because I feel like I want to punch my penis through a sheet of dry wall. One week in and I am horny as hell! There are benefits though, my concentration hasn't been this good in such a long time. I have an awesome sense of well being and my self confidence is through the roof! I feel so optimistic and driven right now. It feels like I'm high.

I do, however, want to get in a brutal, blood letting fight right now for no reason at all (I may be thin, but I'm 6'2", still very strong, and I'm an experienced fighter. Kind of worried I might be instigating fights soon. I do not like hurting people, but I love starting trouble). Because of the increase in aggression, I would not suggest this right now if other people are like me and have a high sex drive and tendency of aggressive behavior without sexual release.

I'm convinced that my body is too sensitive to hormones. When I masturbate on an excessive or even a consistent basis, I am desultory, I have no want for anything for myself. Now, it's a completely different story and I'm experiencing a mentality and emotions completely contrary to how I feel when I am masturbating regularly.

I really, really, really want to go out and nail some chick this weekend, but it will ruin my experiment. I do have good will power, but knowing I'm doing this for the few who are reading this thread is a huge reason why I have not and I will not cave until at least the one month mark. I said 3 months, we'll see how that goes, but I am promising you all one month. The only thing that will cause me to break that promise is if there's a really, really hot girl that wants to bone. I'm sure if that becomes a possibility you guys would understand.

I've always had a wild side to me and I've always suspected the reason for becoming a bit mellow and having bad self esteem in recent years has been attributed to the calming effect orgasm has for me. I think I'm completely spot on with that assumption at this point.

Testosterone and sexual energy are two weird fricking things my friends.

Let me know if I'm being too graphic or if you enjoy my banter guys. I wouldn't want to get kicked from these forums for some of the metaphors I'm using.

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
I have limited my jacking to about once a week and can also say that I shed WAY less hairs. I too am one of those that is very sensitive to testosterone or DHT spikes, I can even feel a tingle/itch in my hairline and crown right after jacking... but even though I think it might benefit certain people to not jack off so much, don't ever EVER deny yourself some good sex, especially with hot girls! Eff whenever the opportunity arises, just compensate by not jacking off... :punk:

Simptom

Reaction score
Results after 17 days. I am halting the experiment. There is an explanation as to why and how I've come to this decision.

Hairs (Approx.) Notes

8-25 30 Haven't masturbated in a day or two. This is the offical start. Strange sensation in left testicle (ache somewhat, more of a pulsing or swelling sensation), extremely aroused. Urge for sex almost completely taking over. Can't reason well. Extremely emotional.

8-26 30 Same, urge for sex has abated somewhat. Sensation in left testicle not as pronounced. Much more emotionally stable and I am already feeling more self confident and I have a better sense of well being. Not much of an urge to play video games (coping mechanism).

8-27 17 Not as aroused. Tingling sensation in testicles. Genitals becoming sensitive to touch. Increased feeling of well being. Increased creativity and cognitive improvement in comparison to haziness and forgetfulness after periods of excessive masturbation. Increased drive and desire for success. Dreams returning. Beginning to not tolerate my "wiener" behavior.

8-28 41 Number possibly from having to wear bonnet at work for clean room or spike in testosterone since I have not been masturbating and I am not temporarily reducing testosterone supply. Hoping to shed less and for hormones to stabilize. Not feeling aroused. Extremely pensive. Thinking even clearer. Acting more mature. I see the return of the "darK" or overly serious air about me. Reality's setting in once again.

8-29 19 Resting much better. Testicle tingling has all but ceased for the most part. Increased confidence. I am better able to relate with people. Certainly acting more mature. Intense dreaming again. Thinking much more clearly as well as improvement in memory. Desire to accomplish what I want.

8-30 46 Number may be due to bonnet from work once again. Cut my hair short which allows for a more thorough massage when I shampoo my hair. Easily aroused. Urge to masturbate is extremely high. Still sticking it through. Feeling motivated to do what I want, depression no longer getting in the way. There has to be a correlation between masturbation and poor self esteem. I feel good about myself.

8-31 27 Extremely horny. Almost ruined experiment. Need to keep myself busy and get over the two week mark. Seems it will be tough for the next few days.

9-1 23 Libido has eased off, although my genitals are becoming more sensitive to touch. Arousal has become much easier to obtain. Again, extreme sense of well being and self confidence. I find myself being more productive and prolific. My drive has returned with a vengeance.

9-2 49 Did not shower until 9:00 P.M., typically shower at 6 A.M. Almost 2 days without showering. Used product in my hair. Pretty sure I am actually shedding less. Libido is up and down. Certainly thinking about sex more often during the day upwards of 6-8 times throughout the work day. I do not have the urge to masturbate as much however, as the benefits of not masturbating for me far outweigh the potential pleasure that I could experience.

9-3 18 No change in libido.

9-4 35 No change in Libido.

9-5 N/A (didn't shower)

9-6 26 No change in mood. good sense of well being.

9-7 18 Feeling very on the level still, libido somewhat stable.

9-8 45 Beginning to have second thoughts on this. Thinking this may be a moot point; denial of going bald.

9-9 28 (Did not fill out notes section because of what conclusion I'm coming to)

9-10 96 - Reason why: Thoroughly washed hair. Halting experiment. Seems there is no change in shed count in drain from typical routine wash(drain count originally around 30). Conclusion below:

I suppose I've been in denial of this long enough and there's a reason why my shed count at the end was 96.

I think many of us don't want to have to face the fact that we're getting older, obviously no one would be on this forum if this weren't the actual fear behind balding. I was counting hairs I found in the drain after a normal wash, but as many of you experience, there are always a few hairs wrapped around my fingers after I shower. I wanted to see if this was just a result of a few stragglers not making it into the drain or if I am actually shedding more and I am not washing all of the loose hairs out of my scalp.

I decided to keep washing and to keep massaging my scalp until it felt completely clean and thoroughly washed. I did this four to five times longer than I typically do which amounted to approximately five minutes of massaging. I have to say I wasn't surprised at all with what I found in the drain.

I've been suspecting that my actual shed count is higher than what I would find in the drain. This makes sense because of the three to four hairs still on my fingers and hands after a shampoo.

I've come to the conclusion that all of the experimental treatments that you read about here in this subforum or online are just hokum. While for whatever freak reason these scientifically unstudied treatments work for even a fraction of the users, I just don't think that there's enough science and enough evidence to back any of these treatments up. For now I think we only have four options: Rogaine, finasteride, hair transplantation, and Nizoral. And if they don't work it's a shame and tough luck (I mean this sincerely) for whomever these treatments don't work for.

I know I may sound bleak here, but I know many people will spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on treatments that will result in little to no success (those success stories on television with any given treatment have to be the minority of treatment recipients and users otherwise everyone would come out of the hair transplant doctor's office with a full head of hair). Success isn't guaranteed with any of these treatments and I think we all should have low expectations at first when seeking them out. I think the most realistic thing anyone should hope for is maintenance of already existing hair with maybe a slight gain in thickness and density of already lost patches of hair.

I've been in denial for such a long time, but my family tree speaks for itself. As I said before, I'm going to wait until I see definitive thinning on my crown (which may already be happening since I first posted in July), but as of yet I can't really tell as I have fine hair. Although when I went to the hair dresser recently I asked her what she thought and she did notice that the hair at my crown was slightly thinner from the hair on the sides, but it's hard to gauge even for her because almost every Caucasian's hair is somewhat like this, male or female. I'm not going to be waiting much longer though because if I'm shedding almost 100 in the shower (which is the supposed maximum anyone should shed in a day) I must be shedding another 100 walking around during my daily routine. Could be seasonal shedding too as I do shed a significant amount more and have throughout my entire life during the fall, but I'm very skeptical of it at this point.

My advice to you guys; go to your doctor and get on generic Propecia if you're noticeably thinning, Rogaine if you're too embarrassed to, and use the shampoo. Since I believe my body's too receptive to hormones I'm going to forgo Rogaine since it barely helped my one uncle who did try to keep his hair. I think finasteride should do the trick. We'll see how that goes when it comes time.

I hope my little experiment helped some guys. I'd suggest to stop winding your head around these experimental or untested treatments as they're probably just going to be a money sink with no results and a huge waste of mental energy. All we have that is scientifically proven are those treatments I mentioned. It's unfortunate too because I highly distrust pharmaceutical companies. I'm almost positive with how much we know now about genetics and how much we can manipulate other animals' genes, I think there is a cure for baldness.

These corporations keep telling us they don't know how to shut off the baldness gene or effectively counteract it with a chemical agent yet they can produce albino snakes, mice with human ears, and salmon that mature in half the usual time. I'm sure they'll make a baboon with ten asses before they reveal a cure for balding to the public. Everyone knows a cure isn't profitable long run and that the medical and pharmaceutical industries want to keep making money off of treatments you have to take for the rest of your life.

Take care guys. I'll be checking in from time to time.

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick question as to the validity of your test subject. Were you one of the people who experiences markedly increased inflammation on the scalp after almost every orgasm?

Reaction score
To Symptom

Im sceptical as to what you were even trying to work out or prove in those few days of abstinence. In fact i dont really even understand what you have discovered.

From your use of language it seems that you were someone that was annoyed with people looking to experimental (non finasteride,min,nizoral) treatments and made it your mission to shun them using your diary.

Anyone else feel this.

Simptom

Reaction score
Brain: Yes, I suppose I do. I forgot to add that late on 9/28 I masturbated quite profusely I must say. I wanted to see if it would up my shedding and I believe it probably had. It's odd, since then I've massaged my scalp just as much as I had that day at 96 and I can't seem to get more than the 30 hairs I usually shed.

Balance: No, I was not trying to anger you. I am currently getting body hair all over; the area underneath my armpits is now connecting my ample and spreading chest hair to my ever increasing back hair. I obviously either produce too much DHT or I am too susceptible to it. If you read in my original post the roots of my hair tingle after orgasm. I can swear too I've lost half a millimeter at my temples since early July. My prostate even feels "full" or swollen at the moment and my left vas deferens is aching or feeling swollen. I'm beginning to think I may have a tumor or cyst there as I already have a cyst along the base of my perineum on the tubing that connects my testicles to the rest of my workings down there... So far I feel no lumps and my testicle is not hard, but my vas deferens may be enlarged. I can't tell that well however.

Almost my entire family is in the medical field, my father has numerous degrees in pharmacology and is currently finishing his dissertation for his PhD. I've discussed this with him already, finasteride is the only thing that is PROVEN to at the least, halt hair loss. He doesn't want me going on it because he doesn't want my testicles shrinking (thanks for the concern dad), but I'm going to school for art and I still want to pursue music at the same time. I need my hair. You need to be attractive and youthful looking to sell paintings and schmooze with people and who the hell wants to see a singer who's just in the beginning stages of his career who's balding? I'll never get my feet off the ground if that's the case. When I decide that I've had enough with my hair line retreating I'm going on finasteride. I'm making a doctor's appointment tomorrow to at least try and get a script in the event that I want to use it.

I do believe excessive, and for those extra sensitive to DHT like me, moderate masturbation can exacerbate hair loss. I do shed more as I did on that final day after masturbating 4 times the night before when I said screw it. I'm of the opinion that once male pattern baldness begins you can't stop it. Ceasing masturbating will only at the most help reduce shedding (at least for me anyway), but at this point I think I'm moving into the yellow zone regardless and I need to seriously consider going on finasteride.

By all means, continue your experimentation, maybe there is something out there that someone will try that will work. You know I did see results on an Indian girl who used a blended mixture of half and onion, honey, and something else and it actually thickened her hair where it was thinning after a few months. It has to be directly applied to the thinning areas. There's some thought that the sulfur in the onion may have something to do with it. So keep trying, I was only voicing my opinion.

I'm sorry if you don't agree with it, but it's how I feel about the situation. The attitude I had with that post was that of just having to come to terms that I will probably be noticeably thinning/balding sometime in the near future. It sucks. I have low self esteem and going bald is not going to help. I've been suicidal in recent months as well and I've been feeling better, but to start feeling good and to start balding will only make me depressed again.

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Ah, good to see you were actually a part of the theorized target population for this whole idea. While obviously a single study doesn't hold absolute law over all cases it certainly holds at least some weight considering that you are in the camp that has some sort of orgasm/scalp connection.

I too have found similar results if I go overboard with either auto or external stimulation and would have considered trying your experiment as well but, there's just some things you shouldn't live without... Plus if I've taken aspirin before hand then it's a non-issue.

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
i am here to say that my elder bro was Norwood 7 and regained some of the hairs upto NW5

he said i almost quit masterbating

but i'm literally trying to quit but i dont know. how to stop

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score
raj47 said:
i am here to say that my elder bro was Norwood 7 and regained some of the hairs upto NW5

he said i almost quit masterbating

but i'm literally trying to quit but i dont know. how to stop

Cut off your balls.

You won't masturbate and you will regrow sh*t loads of hair and not have any future loss. It will prove the theory works!!!

:stupid:

prophet

Reaction score
shedding isn't always a bad signal!

minoxidil leads to increased shedding after a few weeks of treatment!
this is because shedding can also occur when hairfollicles are starting to produce new hair. this new hair then pushes out the old hair --> shedding as a good signal
a strong shedding short after starting the minoxidil is a indicator for a good response to the treatment, because the regrown hair is thicker and darker most of the time

you my friend could have experienced exactly this process! this become even more likely through the fact that your shedding also started after a few weeks of treatment (in this case: not fapping :D) as it with minxodil aka reagine kirkland etc. would
there's at least a 50% chance that your shedded hair would have regrown stronger and thicker!

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Damn, this NOFAP business was going on since 2010!? We should have conclusive evidence whether or not it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.