Results Using Somebody's Method. Best I've Ever Accomplished.

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using @Somebody 's method of rolling before my minoxidil for about a month now. I've never seen regrowth like this before. Look at my fuckin temples!

The first picture is after a YEAR of minoxidil application. Before now, it was the peak of my temple regrowth. Since then, I've quit minoxidil for about nine months, lost all my gains, restarted minoxidil, gained all of it back, and, in the past six months, I've been hit with a horrid shed that is just now starting to halt.

I stopped taking dutasteride (or what I think was dutasteride. I got it In a groupbuy from a popular private forum) and started taking finasteride about a month ago also.

Anyway, the second picture is from today.

Before I incorporated rolling, I was at about where I was in the first pic, so the difference has been grown in the past month. I haven't even been religious about my minoxidil applications, but you can bet your *** I'm going to be from now on. I'll keep this thread updated, unlike my others. All future updates will be posted here.

So, the tldr. First pic= what a year of minoxidil without rolling +finasteride/dutasteride gave me.

Second pic: What a month of rolling before minoxidil has turned those gains into.

I also use nizoral 2% and plan on starting an anti-inflammatory diet; mainly fish, fruit, and veg.

Attachments

• DSC_0218.JPG
    DSC_0218.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 6,213
  • DSC_1002.JPG
    DSC_1002.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 6,259

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using @Somebody 's method of rolling before my minoxidil for about a month now. I've never seen regrowth like this before. Look at my fuckin temples!

The first picture is after a YEAR of minoxidil application. Before now, it was the peak of my temple regrowth. Since then, I've quit minoxidil for about nine months, lost all my gains, restarted minoxidil, gained all of it back, and, in the past six months, I've been hit with a horrid shed that is just now starting to halt.

I stopped taking dutasteride (or what I think was dutasteride. I got it In a groupbuy from a popular private forum) and started taking finasteride about a month ago also.

Anyway, the second picture is from today.

Before I incorporated rolling, I was at about where I was in the first pic, so the difference has been grown in the past month. I haven't even been religious about my minoxidil applications, but you can bet your *** I'm going to be from now on. I'll keep this thread updated, unlike my others. All future updates will be posted here.

So, the tldr. First pic= what a year of minoxidil without rolling +finasteride/dutasteride gave me.

Second pic: What a month of rolling before minoxidil has turned those gains into.

I also use nizoral 2% and plan on starting an anti-inflammatory diet; mainly fish, fruit, and veg.
Do you bleed ? What size do you use ? Any side effects ? Thanks !

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you bleed ? What size do you use ? Any side effects ? Thanks !

When I wound, I bleed. I puncture to 1.5mm once a week.

When I roll, I don't bleed. The area turns red. The intention isn't to puncture to the needles depth, but to increase minoxidil absorption through the tiny abrasions caused by the needles. I roll daily before my minoxidil application.

No side effects.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I wound, I bleed. I puncture to 1.5mm once a week.

When I roll, I don't bleed. The area turns red. The intention isn't to puncture to the needles depth, but to increase minoxidil absorption through the tiny abrasions caused by the needles. I roll daily before my minoxidil application.

No side effects.
When you wound you apply minoxidil after or you take a break ?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop wasting your time with the minoxidil and rolling in my opinion, your growth is cosmetically meaningless and the rolling just creates the chance of getting an infection. Keep up the finasteride and if you want improvement in the hairline opt for a transplant.

I know it becomes like a weird obsession for some people seeing that shitty peach fuzz and ten extra hairs growing, but the overall aesthetic improvement is basically 0 for a lot of wasted time and money and eventually you'll realise the same thing.

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Stop wasting your time with the minoxidil and rolling in my opinion, your growth is cosmetically meaningless and the rolling just creates the chance of getting an infection. Keep up the finasteride and if you want improvement in the hairline opt for a transplant.

I know it becomes like a weird obsession for some people seeing that shitty peach fuzz and ten extra hairs growing, but the overall aesthetic improvement is basically 0 for a lot of wasted time and money and eventually you'll realise the same thing.

Your hyperbole towards the opportunity and fiscal cost of this method make me think you haven't the slightest clue as to what a good responder can accomplish from minoxidil. Allow me to enlighten you.

The first picture is before any treatment.

The second picture is after four months of finasteride and minoxidil.

The third picture is the daily shed that would occurred when I stopped minoxidil.

The fourth and fifth picture are the resulting destruction that followed.

The sixth and seventh picture are 6 months after starting minoxidil again.

Now, would you say that those are "cosmetically significant" gains and losses.

You telling me that it isn't worth an extra 2 minutes to roll my temples before applying 25 cents worth of minoxidil, when it's clearly growing hair on my bald temples, is like someone suggesting that I just rinse my mouth with listerine instead of brushing my teeth.

Attachments

• DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 4,308
  • DSC_0058.JPG
    DSC_0058.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 3,771
  • DSC_0211.JPG
    DSC_0211.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 3,558
  • DSC_0591.JPG
    DSC_0591.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 3,646
  • DSC_0619.JPG
    DSC_0619.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 3,706
  • DSC_0756.JPG
    DSC_0756.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 3,780
  • DSC_0758.JPG
    DSC_0758.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 4,031

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hyperbole towards the opportunity and fiscal cost of this method make me think you haven't the slightest clue as to what a good responder can accomplish from minoxidil. Allow me to enlighten you.

The first picture is before any treatment.

The second picture is after four months of finasteride and minoxidil.

The third picture is the daily shed that would occurred when I stopped minoxidil.

The fourth and fifth picture are the resulting destruction that followed.

The sixth and seventh picture are 6 months after starting minoxidil again.

Now, would you say that those are "cosmetically significant" gains and losses.

You telling me that it isn't worth an extra 2 minutes to roll my temples before applying 25 cents worth of minoxidil, when it's clearly growing hair on my bald temples, is like someone suggesting that I just rinse my mouth with listerine instead of brushing my teeth.

Why did you stop minoxidil? Oh yeah, because it's a pain in the *** to deal with daily. Even a small 2000 graft transplant would have achieved better results, and your result isn't permanent or likely to last even 5 years

minoxidil-long-term-01.gif

Sourced from a study presented listed on this website and I've seen many similar

Your situation isn't an accurate test as you also started finasteride at the same time.

Stand by what I said, minoxidil is a toy that seems fun for a few years, but doesn't achieve anything close to a transplant, wastes a lot time, and has a short term efficacy. Even for someone like you who is a good responder you're better off getting a transplant which is permanent. Have fun getting an infection from the roller too.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Urine idiot

It's not just about "growing peach fuzz." The point is if he's able to grow even slightly thicker/new hair (although it may be thin) it also likely means he's not losing any other hair too. That's what I define success at the core with treating with meds.

Also the edges of his hairline have thickened up a good amount. Will it be cosmetically noticeable to everyone he interacts with? Maybe not; but if he keeps this trend up of maintaining for many years he will probably reach a state where he's happy with the hair he has as he gets older.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bluemoon
I rolled for the first time in a long time on Sunday and applied minoxidil foam right after. I only used a .5mm and the alcohol in the minoxidil stung like hell. Is this normal?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
bluemoon you are an insane minoxidil responder man!
so you're dutasteride was fake ???
did you got some white flakes with liqud minoxidil ?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Urine idiot

It's not just about "growing peach fuzz." The point is if he's able to grow even slightly thicker/new hair (although it may be thin) it also likely means he's not losing any other hair too. That's what I define success at the core with treating with meds.

Also the edges of his hairline have thickened up a good amount. Will it be cosmetically noticeable to everyone he interacts with? Maybe not; but if he keeps this trend up of maintaining for many years he will probably reach a state where he's happy with the hair he has as he gets older.

"The point is if he's able to grow even slightly thicker/new hair (although it may be thin) it also likely means he's not losing any other hair too."

Because of finasteride, not minoxidil. Wait 2-3 years and see the minoxidil gains deteriorate.

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Why did you stop minoxidil? Oh yeah, because it's a pain in the *** to deal with daily. Even a small 2000 graft transplant would have achieved better results, and your result isn't permanent or likely to last even 5 years

View attachment 64700
Sourced from a study presented listed on this website and I've seen many similar

Your situation isn't an accurate test as you also started finasteride at the same time.

Stand by what I said, minoxidil is a toy that seems fun for a few years, but doesn't achieve anything close to a transplant, wastes a lot time, and has a short term efficacy. Even for someone like you who is a good responder you're better off getting a transplant which is permanent. Have fun getting an infection from the roller too.

Lol. I'll dispute literally everything you're saying.

1. The study.
The study was conducted using ONLY minoxidil. Without blocking dht, your follicles will still continue to shrink. The subjects were not on finasteride or dutasteride, therefore the hair follicles were still at the mercy of dht, which is what the downward trend in that graph represents.

2. My results.
I was on finasteride and, for the portion observed in pictures 3-7, I was on dutasteride. I quit taking minoxidil because I was ignorant like you once and discounted it's efficacy. I thought dutasteride was the cause of my regrowth. When I lost all my gains, I was still on dutasteride. The only difference was me removing, and later reincorporating, minoxidil. You have no idea how I'd look with a transplant, so using a hypothetical situation to argue against documented results is laughable.
2000 grafts is nothing compared to the amount of hair I've grown back using minoxidil.

3. Infection from rolling:
My dermaroller is probably puncturing my skin to a depth of .25mm or less. The risk of acquiring an infection at those depths is almost nonexistent; even less if you clean the site first. At most, I risk an ingrown hair on my once bald temple.

You lose, m8.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. I'll dispute literally everything you're saying.

1. The study.
The study was conducted using ONLY minoxidil. Without blocking dht, your follicles will still continue to shrink. The subjects were not on finasteride or dutasteride, therefore the hair follicles were still at the mercy of dht, which is what the downward trend in that graph represents.

2. My results.
I was on finasteride and, for the portion observed in pictures 3-7, I was on dutasteride. I quit taking minoxidil because I was ignorant like you once and discounted it's efficacy. I thought dutasteride was the cause of my regrowth. When I lost all my gains, I was still on dutasteride. The only difference was me removing, and later reincorporating, minoxidil. You have no idea how I'd look with a transplant, so using a hypothetical situation to argue against documented results is laughable.
2000 grafts is nothing compared to the amount of hair I've grown back using minoxidil.

3. Infection from rolling:
My dermaroller is probably puncturing my skin to a depth of .25mm or less. The risk of acquiring an infection at those depths is almost nonexistent; even less if you clean the site first. At most, I risk an ingrown hair on my once bald temple.

You lose, m8.

When you lose all the minoxidil gains in a few more years make sure to post pics to prove me right.

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
When you lose all the minoxidil gains in a few more years make sure to post pics to prove me right.

You're basing your opinion on minoxidil's long term efficacy on a study that's easily refuted. The mechanism which the drug uses to initiate and prolong growth cycles doesn't just stop working after two years. Study the pathway and the biochemistry behind the medication and get back to me when you can explain yourself more concisely.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're basing your opinion on minoxidil's long term efficacy on a study that's easily refuted. The mechanism which the drug uses to initiate and prolong growth cycles doesn't just stop working after two years. Study the pathway and the biochemistry behind the medication and get back to me when you can explain yourself more concisely.

lmfao "pathway and the biochemistry" ok buddy, and I didn't base it off that one study. Learn how to read and interpret the English language before you pretend to be a man of science and intellect.

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
lmfao "pathway and the biochemistry" ok buddy, and I didn't base it off that one study. Learn how to read and interpret the English language before you pretend to be a man of science and intellect.

That's what you provided as the sole evidence of your claim, buddy. The rest was just mental dribble that I've since wiped from your chin. Get lost.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what you provided as the sole evidence of your claim, buddy. The rest was just mental dribble that I've since wiped from your chin. Get lost.

So providing a piece of evidence means means one thinks that is the only piece of evidence for the claim in existence? Learn how to read and interpret English you swine.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bluemoon
I rolled for the first time in a long time on Sunday and applied minoxidil foam right after. I only used a .5mm and the alcohol in the minoxidil stung like hell. Is this normal?

Bluemoon plz provide response on this question