Results Using Somebody's Method. Best I've Ever Accomplished.

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL. Fair enough. I guess I should have asked, if your goal was minoxidil absorption and not wounding, why did you for the 1.5 mm and not buy a 0.5 mm?

I originally purchased the roller to wound portions of my scalp that I couldn't get to with the electronic stamp I use; behind the mid-scalp was too thick for the stamp to penetrate.

@Somebody was using around 5g a day. Meaning that $17 bag (86g) of perilla would be gone in 17 days

Are you using 5g a day for inflammation?

The only supps. i'm currently using are niacin to flush my skin after minoxidil applications and ZMA. I don't use the perilla yet, but I do own it. I've also purchased a very large bag of turmeric to use in conjunction with the perilla and diet. I'm busy moving, so sh*t is kinda hectic. I'll definitely have to find another source if 5g is required for effective inflammation reduction.

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's some progress from the other temple. It's more difficult to photograph, but I think I lined these shots up pretty good.

This first one is from June 9th. I was using minoxidil daily, but was not rolling before applications. Any progress you see between the two can assuredly be attributed to the rolling for better penetration.

Keep in mind, I've only been doing this for like a month. Though thin as f*** still, you can see the hair around my temple point starting to climb upward, as well as hair climbing downward from the hairline to close the gap. I can only imagine the results this will produce after a year.

Another tip, when I shampoo with nizoral 2%, I use it daily and rinse/repeat. I leave the first lather one my scalp for five minutes after working it in. I leave the second lather on my scalp for ten minutes after working it in.

Attachments

• DSC_0914.JPG
    DSC_0914.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 1,017
  • DSC_1015.JPG
    DSC_1015.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,028
Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's probably been like 6 weeks.

Hairs are continuing to get longer, stronger, and increase in numbers. My temples are closing in by the day.

I hope this continues.View attachment 65417 View attachment 65418

I just added tretinoin for minoxidil absorption, but I may switch to dermarolling if I don't get the results I'm hoping for. From those pics growth does seem to be happening very quickly

Been getting very gradual but worthwhile improvement on the big 3 over the last year and a half, but trying to make that final push for NW1

I will keep an eye on your story

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
I just added tretinoin for minoxidil absorption, but I may switch to dermarolling if I don't get the results I'm hoping for. From those pics growth does seem to be happening very quickly

Been getting very gradual but worthwhile improvement on the big 3 over the last year and a half, but trying to make that final push for NW1

I will keep an eye on your story

Thought you might enjoy this read:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3964684/

Take it for what it is, as the physiology of rat body hair and dht afflicted, human scalp hair is different, but, if penetration is what you're after, it should be noted that minoxidil+tret would have shown an increase in efficacy had the tret increased tissue permeability.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thought you might enjoy this read:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3964684/

Take it for what it is, as the physiology of rat body hair and dht afflicted, human scalp hair is different, but, if penetration is what you're after, it should be noted that minoxidil+tret would have shown an increase in efficacy had the tret increased tissue permeability.

hmmm interesting. First time I've seen anything showing it to promote LESS growth than minoxidil alone

there are other positive studies on minoxidil + tret, such as this one showing it to increase absorption x3
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2328551

Man I have to say though I am starting to become interested in this dermarolling angle. I need to make a decision though as I do not think it would be wise to do both tretinoin and dermarolling simultaneously (would probably be overkill on that outer layer of skin)

dermarolling or tretinoin? hmmm

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
hmmm interesting. First time I've seen anything showing it to promote LESS growth than minoxidil alone

there are other positive studies on minoxidil + tret, such as this one showing it to increase absorption x3
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2328551

Man I have to say though I am starting to become interested in this dermarolling angle. I need to make a decision though as I do not think it would be wise to do both tretinoin and dermarolling simultaneously (would probably be overkill on that outer layer of skin)

dermarolling or tretinoin? hmmm

Doing both would cause a significant increase in the percutaneous absorption of the tret. To what degree, I have no fuckin clue, but it doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in. I doubt there would be a synergistic relationship between tret+rolling anyway. I can't speak on behalf of tret+minoxidil, and all I have to show for rolling before minoxidil are my own gains and those of two other people.

I'd recommend switching for two months. Give it 60 days of 100% devotion and you can form your own opinion. I can't speak for the others, but I've always responded very well to minoxidil, so it's no surprise that I'm getting some rediculus results from this method.

I don't think this will turn a non-responder into a NW1 god, but I do think it exponentially increases the possibility of getting most of your hair back if you've responded well to minoxidil before.

I'll say this, I think I'm on my way to full recovery, and I've never considered that a realistic prospect before.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doing both would cause a significant increase in the percutaneous absorption of the tret. To what degree, I have no fuckin clue, but it doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in. I doubt there would be a synergistic relationship between tret+rolling anyway. I can't speak on behalf of tret+minoxidil, and all I have to show for rolling before minoxidil are my own gains and those of two other people.

I'd recommend switching for two months. Give it 60 days of 100% devotion and you can form your own opinion. I can't speak for the others, but I've always responded very well to minoxidil, so it's no surprise that I'm getting some rediculus results from this method.

I don't think this will turn a non-responder into a NW1 god, but I do think it exponentially increases the possibility of getting most of your hair back if you've responded well to minoxidil before.

I'll say this, I think I'm on my way to full recovery, and I've never considered that a realistic prospect before.

I think I'm going to give it a try. I went ahead and ordered that roller you linked to

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
I've also purchased a very large bag of turmeric to use in conjunction with the perilla and diet. I'm busy moving, so sh*t is kinda hectic. I'll definitely have to find another source if 5g is required for effective inflammation reduction.

Anti inflammatory diet would be huge.
Keep it up!

Somebody

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
50 cents for 300g of perilla leaves? I must of went to a wrong asian store.. You said 5g a day?

rymnd

My Regimen
Reaction score
When did u notice you are balding? And if u don't mind how old are u now?

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
@Somebody, thanks for the info man. I'll loot into getting the large bags of perilla once I get completely moved into my new place.

When did u notice you are balding? And if u don't mind how old are u now?

I started losing around 19-20 and I'm 29 now. I'll probably commit to this method for a year and a half and get a transplant if I'm not satisfied. I'll be a fullhead by 32 one way or another.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't have inflammation side effects. But I'm thinking I do have it, and it's just not visible to the eye.

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Week 7 update. I'll update again 1 month from today. I'm just excited at what i'm witnessing, so I'm flooding this b**ch with shots from all angles.

Anyway, 1st pic is at the start of treatments. I had to pull it from an old phone because I couldn't find any decent temple point shots on my current one. The picture is blurry, but you can clearly see the huge, bald temple.

2nd pic was the best temple regrowth I ever got, prior to this treatment method. It took me over a year on minoxidil/finasteride and dutasteride. The regrowth was awesome by any standard, but the temple remained bald, aside from a few small hairs at the hairline.

3rd pic is from like 7 weeks of rolling and minoxidil, probably less. The results are f*****g nuts. The angles on all three are different, but it isn't hard to compare the results. My hairline is continuing down and inward and you can see NW1 taking shape.
0312151214a.jpg
HfEj08Z.jpg
Nck64ep.jpg

Last edited:

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro....
It looks like ur temple points are coming back. These (in my opinion) are very sensitive and thin due to androgens. They r super important for framing the face and r usually overlooked. If ur temple points r coming back like I think they r then the rest of ur hair must be doing even better. That's awesome. Keep it up and please keep us updated.

Do u do minoxidil only at night?

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Bro....
It looks like ur temple points are coming back. These (in my opinion) are very sensitive and thin due to androgens. They r super important for framing the face and r usually overlooked. If ur temple points r coming back like I think they r then the rest of ur hair must be doing even better. That's awesome. Keep it up and please keep us updated.

Do u do minoxidil only at night?

I hope so man! Yeah, I use it at night, let it dry on my sclap, then generally sleep in a beanie or something to keep it off my pillows. I'm going to start wounding next Tuesday, so hopefully that adds to the gains.

Last edited:

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it safe to say dutasteride did nothing extra for u compared to finasteride?